Lipo battery recommends

GrebZero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right so i'm not 100% on my knowledge on which is the best. Recently one of my guns (P90 TR) batteries have died, well it is dying when i can only fire 10 shots before the battery is dead. So i've been informed by a friend that i seek a Lipo battery. Funny thing is my mate doesn't know which one i require for the P90 TR. So i'm hoping you guys would know which one to recommend for this? If so i'll need to know what type of charger as well. And preferable same for the G36C and M4.

Thanks,

LiPos need a specific charger that balances the voltage of the various cells..

Batteries exist in 3 variants:

2 cells, pumping 7.4v, quite similar to the stock 8.4v NiMh batteries that come with cheap guns;

3 cells, 11.1v, way more powerful, these can smash mechboxes if not properly shimmed..

There are also 14.8v batteries, but nobody seems to use them for airsoft.. If 11.1v ones smash guns, guess what happens when you plug an even more powerful battery :P

LiPos come in all sorts of shapes, depending on capacity (mAh), they also have different discharge ratings (C), basically a boost for the initial discharge every time you pull the trigger..

if you're not keen on having high rate of fire a 7.4v should do just fine..

oh, they also need special care, if the cells go below 3.7v they may burst into flames, but it's a rare occasion and it usually happens because of poor maintenance..

regarding chargers, I've been using a cheap action batteries charger for over 3 years and it's been doing totally fine!

So where you say Shimmed, what do you mean by that? Yeah you're talking to a complete novice in airsoft gun equipment. But this knowledge is highly useful to me 😣 

I've seen a vid on youtube where some lads use the 11.1v LiPo battery on a P90 TR and just held the trigger. It got warm but didn't break. Tho i wouldn't want to test this myself. xD I'll try get some 7.4v LiPo batteries and test it out. Does the 7.4v come in different forms or just one type? like narrow or wide battery?

The three gears that move the piston need to be properly shimmed to reduce play and at the same time be free to spin.. This is done by adding or removing tiny washers on both sides of each gear..

Gears need to perfectly engage the piston teeth in order to reduce wear and any chance of stripping the piston.. This is called Angle of Engagement, and it can be corrected easily.. I'd personally use a piston with polymer teeth, so that you can save the gears in case of stripping.. But that's your call, some people prefer metal teeth on their pistons for increased durability..

So basically tear apart the mechbox and clean/shim/check that everything is in the best shape possible..

You can theoretically plug a 11.1v into a £10 plastic gun and run it, but there's a high chance of completely mauling the gearbox..

Batteries come in all sorts of shapes, thin and long, thick and short, divided in 2 pieces and any combination possible.. This however affects the capacity (mAh)

also, if you haven't already, invest some money in a basic mosfet, it'll save your trigger contacts.. They come in all sorts of kinds, from basic ones to fully customizable FCUs, depending on the price..

Stick with a 7.4 lipo unless you know completely that your AEG can take more. 

Lipos come in all shapes and sizes, personally I like these ones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-1300mAh-cranstock-battery-Vapextech/dp/B00IHXPW9Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1539280115&sr=8-4&keywords=Airsoft+lipo

I've also never had a problem with the nuprol ones. Although others have.... I am careful when charging all batteries though. 

• Supporters

I run 9.9vLiFe batts in all my guns now better than the 7.4 but way gentler on your gun than a 11.1v and they’ve added advantage of if you run them down you won’t kill the battery , which is good !👍 

22 hours ago, GrebZero said:

So where you say Shimmed, what do you mean by that? Yeah you're talking to a complete novice in airsoft gun equipment. But this knowledge is highly useful to me 😣 

I've seen a vid on youtube where some lads use the 11.1v LiPo battery on a P90 TR and just held the trigger. It got warm but didn't break. Tho i wouldn't want to test this myself. xD I'll try get some 7.4v LiPo batteries and test it out. Does the 7.4v come in different forms or just one type? like narrow or wide battery?

Sizes,widths and ends can all be different.

I get mine from here.. https://www.componentshop.co.uk/

They usually have dimensions listed so I would get a 7.4 Lipo from there with dimensions the same or as similar to your current dead one, and make sure the ends are the same too.

You will also need to buy a specific Lipo charger too. again that store has decent cheapish ones.

Archived