IMI and Nuprol holsters

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to find out if the Nuprol holster will screw into the IMI low ride holster belt attachment and molle attachment. They look as if they might.

I found an old thread from 2015 on this but know members usually don't like people necroposting.

Apparently Patrol Base says they are not compatible, but a member on here has claimed the opposite.

I just wondered if there is a definitive answer. Are the attachment screws the same size on both brands?

Thanks.

I''ve trawled the web on this one but nothing comes up.

Belt and paddle holsters sit far too high for me, but I dislike drop legs because they tend to position the holster half way down the thigh.

IMI do a low ride belt attacment with three positions that allow you to place the top of your gun a couple of inches below the waist. It's the best solution I,ve seen.

I would have been prepared to buy an IMI holster to go with it, but these are not designed for airsoft guns. My Glock wouldn't fit it.

Nuprols will take almost all airsoft pistols.

I'll just have to buy the bloody thing in order to find out. All these Nuprols. Cytacs and ASG Strike holsters appear to be airsoft sized copies of IMI. I'm hoping they just replicated the attachment bolts and thhreads. I imagine they are all a standard size.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

What I'm trying to say (badly) is they all work in a similar way. The holster is attached to the platform by a bolt passing through a hole in the platform, as long as the head of the bolt is wider than the hole in the platform it should work with just the bolt from the holster. Even if its too small you could just use a washer. 

The only problem i can see is if the bolt is too short for the thickness of the platform, in which case a longer bolt would cure it. 

I've used IMI holsters with loads of airsoft guns, that said, not a glock.

Ah, now I see. I should be able to find an appropriate bolt and socket if necessary.

Sorry to be so slow.

I suppose I could forget my Glock and buy an IMI holster for my TM Sig if the worse comes to the worst. I'm pretty sure that would fit.

Thanks again

• Supporters

Why not buy the Sig holster and drop hanger anyway as you can use it with both holsters ? 

What Mcwimbo said on the screws question , the belt hanger just has holes for the screws to fit in so screw size is irrelevant BUT you may find the actual holes don’t marry up on both parts (have had it happen with HK knock offs and real Frobus holsters and hangers) so all you do is screw in what you can then carefully drill some knew holes for the missing spots , when I’ve had to do it in the past I’ve always over sized the holes to take in to account any discrepancy in the hole alignment from me drilling ‘blind’ and use a couple of various diameter washers to lock it down .👍

On 08/10/2018 at 20:33, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

I''ve trawled the web on this one but nothing comes up.

Belt and paddle holsters sit far too high for me, but I dislike drop legs because they tend to position the holster half way down the thigh.

IMI do a low ride belt attacment with three positions that allow you to place the top of your gun a couple of inches below the waist. It's the best solution I,ve seen.

I would have been prepared to buy an IMI holster to go with it, but these are not designed for airsoft guns. My Glock wouldn't fit it.

Nuprols will take almost all airsoft pistols.

I'll just have to buy the bloody thing in order to find out. All these Nuprols. Cytacs and ASG Strike holsters appear to be airsoft sized copies of IMI. I'm hoping they just replicated the attachment bolts and thhreads. I imagine they are all a standard size.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

I had a low ride belt loop attachment for my Safariland for a Glock 19 - it was the best balance of positioning and securement. I believe nuprol is modelled off IMI. Screw size won’t matter, as long as it’s a countersink head.

Here's a tip with IMI holsters or any other polymer holster that your airsoft pistol just wont into. My TM HK45 wouldn't fit..I saw posts about people sanding the insides down...but I thought of something better which works.  Boil the holster part in water for a couple of mins, the polymer softens, stick you gun in and let the polymer set around your pistol.  :)

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Monkman said:

Here's a tip with IMI holsters or any other polymer holster that your airsoft pistol just wont into. My TM HK45 wouldn't fit..I saw posts about people sanding the insides down...but I thought of something better which works.  Boil the holster part in water for a couple of mins, the polymer softens, stick you gun in and let the polymer set around your pistol.  :)

if only i knew that a few months back when i sanded mine down as the TM G17 wouldnt fit!! :)

Archived