Re-usable grenade recommendation

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a re-usable grenade that will act as a banger. No need for spraying bbs, just scaring the crap out of enemies. Ideally would like it to have a spoon action...

I run the Dynatex Timer BFG.

If you're looking for impact grenades then I know most people have a tendency to run the TRMR's and often upgrade them to the multishot bases.

Originally I intended to purchase the SWAT VTG instead but I was put off by the companies lack of professionalism.

24 minutes ago, HELIflipper03 said:

Looking for a re-usable grenade that will act as a banger. No need for spraying bbs, just scaring the crap out of enemies. Ideally would like it to have a spoon action...

TRMR, please don't make the mistake of using airsoft Innovation burst xl, wasted money on two of their grenades both developed faults due to cheap construction:

Grenade 1: Burst XL - The push on E-Clip which secured the firing mechanism failed after the 10th deployment. 

Grenade 2: O-Ring popped out, repaired, still works but prone to prematurely leaking every now and then. 

Airsoft Innovations even admitted that what happened to Grenade 1 was a manufacturing fault:

WTF.PNG.0212d72d1170e470f27553dffb2a7fb4.PNG

1 minute ago, KendoKhan said:

TRMR, please don't make the mistake of using airsoft Innovation burst xl, wasted money on two of their grenades both developed faults due to cheap construction:

Grenade 1: Burst XL - The push on E-Clip which secured the firing mechanism failed after the 10th deployment. 

Grenade 2: O-Ring popped out, repaired, still works but prone to prematurely leaking every now and then. 

Airsoft Innovations even admitted that what happened to Grenade 1 was a manufacturing fault:

thats really bad. I'll definitely not go for that one.

A vote here for the trmr with a multishot base, hasn't let me down yet.

4 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Another shout for the Dynatex timer. Have two and both are great. Prefer a timer mechanism to impact for woodland.

I agree, too much soft stuff for risk of non-detonation 

1 hour ago, KendoKhan said:

I must admit, I've got a couple of Burst XL's and you've got me wondering if I should just submit a support ticket for them both to get the new heads, just to avoid any headaches in future.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Originally I intended to purchase the SWAT VTG instead but I was put off by the companies lack of professionalism

It's more their lack of stock.

... and their lack of professionalism. ;)

But yes, TRMR indoors, Dynatex outdoors.  The VTG is reportedly just a Dynatex knock off in a bumpier wrapper.

• Supporters

Me personally I’d recommend this 👍

😂😂😂😂

496BDA26-6291-4B84-9012-F6DF737E009C.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's more their lack of stock.

... and their lack of professionalism. ;)

But yes, TRMR indoors, Dynatex outdoors.  The VTG is reportedly just a Dynatex knock off in a bumpier wrapper.

Aye, you've hit the nail on the head on all fronts. The reason I just went with the lack of professionalism is because even trying to extract basic information relating to product availability and information relating to anticipated resupply dates was akin to extracting blood from a stone.

C'est la vie.

I did pick up a couple of the Zoxna BFG's but they don't work with the aftermarket .209 adaptors I picked up and my main site doesn't allow 9mm blanks (only .209 primers) so unfortunately I can't provide any useful feedback on them beside the build quality appearing to be very good.

I have a Dynatex and a SWAT VTG,

The VTG took 3 uncommunicative months to arrive and whilst it works, the pin scrapes bits of the orange case off when I re-prime it, which is worrying and it's actually failed on me one time.

The Dynatex is a bit lighter, and slightly smaller so it fits snugly in a osprey frag grenade pouch, it's never let me down and feels solid after 6 months of use. 

the VTG might be slightly louder using 209s, that's the only thing going for it

I have;

9 timed

1 TRMR

1 Police impact

2 other brand impacts

Out of all I still prefer the timed, caught so many people out thinking they are duds only to pop out and BOOM. Also you can roll them down corridors or into rooms which I find more useful compared to impacts a lot of the time.

12 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

caught so many people out thinking they are duds only to pop out and BOOM

Haha "It didn't go off mate.." *BOOM* " ..oh" 

always a highlight of my day

• Supporters
13 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I did pick up a couple of the Zoxna BFG's but they don't work with the aftermarket .209 adaptors I picked up and my main site doesn't allow 9mm blanks

Damn, that's a shame.  Do the adaptors not fit, or do they fit but the .209s don't go off?  Notionally all you should need is a piece of 9mm stock with a .209" / ~5.3mm hole in it.  [Fingers twitch in a sudden urge to bodge one]

35 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I have;

9 timed

1 TRMR

1 Police impact

2 other brand impacts

'kin hell, I thought I was being swanky carrying 1 tri-shot and 1 timed.  You've got problems... but the inability to frag people isn't one of them. :D

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

'kin hell, I thought I was being swanky carrying 1 tri-shot and 1 timed.  You've got problems... but the inability to frag people isn't one of them. :D

That doesn't include the disposable pyro ammo can I have which gets replenished on a monthly basis depending on how much I've actually got to play...

TAG rounds

Small wirepin smokes

Large wirepin smokes

Mortar rounds

Multi bangs

TLSFX smokes

Thermos

The list goes on... What can i say I'm a sucker for anything that goes bang (specially really fucking loud ones, although rarely get to use the fun stuff)

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Damn, that's a shame.  Do the adaptors not fit, or do they fit but the .209s don't go off?  Notionally all you should need is a piece of 9mm stock with a .209" / ~5.3mm hole in it.  [Fingers twitch in a sudden urge to bodge one]

The adaptors fit but the .209's fail to go off. I suspect it's due to how the .209's sit compared to how a 9mm would sit without the adaptor. Unfortunately I don't know anyone at my local with 9mm's to investigate further as 9's aren't allowed at my main site.

I'm in two minds on what to do. Part of me is debating getting shut but I like the design of the grenades and they're ideal for me in theory, I just need to find a solution.

The big reason I don't just stick to my XL Bursts for impacts is due to the time it takes to reload. They're a great idea for indoor CQC (in my opinion) but the time to reload is so much greater than a BFG it simply creates unnecessary delay.

I did have a nosey at the ASG Storm (after being on the receiving end), and while I love the idea of it, it's simply so big it borders on the impractical. The only pouches I had on my rig at the time which it would fit in readily were a utility pouch or alternatively the dump pouch. I like the idea of the BB frag grenades but I suspect another issue would be time to reload. One thing I will say about the Storm is that it is incredibly effective for room clearance and I've noticed people are more likely to call a hit from it in comparison to a BFG.

I have the following....

TRMR with Multishot 

2 x Dynatex Timed

1 x SWAT VTG

Probably use the TRMR the most and it has only failed to go off twice in the 2 years I have owned it, mostly due to hitting something soft. 

The Dynatex have never failed to go off, but I have not had them long enough to really test them in different environments or climates. 

The VTG looks great but has let me down so many times that I rarely even pack it in my bag anymore. It runs fine on .209’s but only detonates 1 in every 4 12g blanks. 

Archived