SCO19 gear

AirsoftZero000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Yes, because you then have quality kit that which can also be used in real life. And you know what you are wearing (and that is not Viper ;) ). 

Edgarbrothers do have some Arc'teryx LEAF kit at reduced prices:

https://online.edgarbrothers.com/collections/arcteryx/products/arcteryx-leaf-mens-talos-pants-wolf-sale

This of course is a 5.11 TacTec plate carrier in Storm grey

I purchased mine from Nightgear (they do 10-20% discount promotions)

https://www.nightgearstore.com/en-UK/511-Tactical-TacTec-Plate-Carrier-Vest/482593948ng.htm?colour=Storm

Valid point about the quality and using them as day to day wear BUT one thing I would say as good as this kit type is it looks like work overalls (admittedly very expensive overalls but none the less look like it!) so your still going to get old people asking you “do you work for British Gas ? My boilers playing up !” 😳

I do have an Arcteryx fleece that I picked up in a sale (so it was just bloody expensive instead “Jesus wept ! How much ?!) and it’s a cracking bit of kit but me personally I wouldn’t drop that much on a pair of trousers or a shirt when I know I can get similar looking one that’s substantially cheaper and to be fair even some viper tat isn’t going to eventually spontaneously combust with exposure to use ? Like I alway say though I’m not spending that much on kit but if someone else does ? then crack on its your money and what you spend it on is your business no one else’s .👍

just don’t get arsey when a granny asks you “where’s your penguin?” 🤣🤣

• Supporters
12 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Why the hell are they wasting their money on a £500 set of tactical kit?! I bet if people knew about this they'd be livid. That's disgraceful, I never expected that. Spending money on good quality is one thing, but that is ridiculous. I notice they were keen to omit THIS from their pretty little "how much we spent on equipment" document.

Meanwhile police response times in some places are >20 minutes on priority, a big chunk of police officers are now unpaid and not allowed even to claim expenses to travel into base for shifts, the terror threat is at an all time high and officers in cities aren't even issued with the most basic bullet resistant safety gear.

Boils my piss.

If you honestly believe the met paid that much for them then you're living in a dream world. 

Even if they did though, the guys who advise met CTSFOs on kit are the SAS/SBS who really know what they're doing and don't really care what stuff costs.  If you're going to be running around London having gunfights with terrorists its safe to assume you're going to want the equipment that fits your requirements in the colour that you need.  I haven't done a huge amount of research but I couldn't find anyone else making decent combat trousers in that colour.  

7 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

If you honestly believe the met paid that much for them then you're living in a dream world. 

Even if they did though, the guys who advise met CTSFOs on kit are the SAS/SBS who really know what they're doing and don't really care what stuff costs.  If you're going to be running around London having gunfights with terrorists its safe to assume you're going to want the equipment that fits your requirements in the colour that you need.  I haven't done a huge amount of research but I couldn't find anyone else making decent combat trousers in that colour.  

It’s not practical, it’s lavish. And I’d be surprised if the Met didn’t end up shelling out more, since consumer retail prices for a damn overall fall into the £750 mark. Cutting the funds to other areas of policing so they can chuck wads of money at tacticool response gear is one of the reasons how we end up with an attack in the first place.

I highly doubt that the Met are paying retail price... 

Now you mention it, why the bloody hell have they got H&Ks too?! A bloody Serbian Kalashnikov fires bullets down range, what is wrong with buying a few dozen of those from a moody lad in Belgrade for a fraction of the cost of those German shooters? 

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

I highly doubt that the Met are paying retail price... 

Now you mention it, why the bloody hell have they got H&Ks too?! A bloody Serbian Kalashnikov fires bullets down range, what is wrong with buying a few dozen of those from a moody lad in Belgrade for a fraction of the cost of those German shooters? 

LOL

Get a case of AKs from a Vlad the Lad

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Apart from the different sized round, mainly because the bad guys use AK's so its sound and silhouette means the user receives an instant critical shot. 😕

Be like buying Nuprol instead of TM ;) 

Can I just take a moment of appreciation for BTP for considering bystanders in loud echoey tunnels or crowded enclosed trains by modifying their AR15s to shorter barrels with suppressors. That was a smart move.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

It’s not practical, it’s lavish. And I’d be surprised if the Met didn’t end up shelling out more, since consumer retail prices for a damn overall fall into the £750 mark. Cutting the funds to other areas of policing so they can chuck wads of money at tacticool response gear is one of the reasons how we end up with an attack in the first place.

Ok, find an alternative that is the same quality, has the same features and comes in the same colour. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Ok, find an alternative that is the same quality, has the same features and comes in the same colour. 

To be fair to both points of view , one would hope they did get a discount for bulk ordering but as there is a great tradition of charging and getting paid ridiculously high prices to Gov depts there is sadly a good chance they paid over the odds for the kit (I’ve seen it my self recently needed a new scanner for my Dept in work , found one online for less than £100 delivered but same model from the ‘official’ hospital supplier it was £156+vat ! ) so you both could be right on the cost point . 

8 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Helikon SFU Next Trousers Shadow Grey

£33.90

2 front pockets

2 EDC gear pockets

2 velcro seat pockets

2 velcro cargo pockets with additional inner elastic compartments

Adjustable waist

Velcro adjustable ankle cuffs to close over or inside boots

Reinforced seat

Gusseted crotch design

Reinforced knees with knee pad compartments

Polycotton Ripstop

ArcTeryx Assault Pant AR Wolf Grey

£249

2 front pockets with internal knife compartment

2 velcro seat pockets

2 velcro cargo pockets with dump pocket compatibility

Adjustable waist

Elastic adjustable ankle cuffs to close over or inside boots

Gusseted crotch design

Nylon cotton Ripstop

The Arcteryx has a knife compartment in the front pocket, whereas the Helikon has a gear compartment in the cargo pocket.

The Arcteryx can use a dump cargo pocket

The Helikon has elastic adjustable cuffs, the Arcteryx has velcro adjustable cuffs

The Helikon has a reinforced seat.

The Helikon is polyester cotton. The Arcteryx is nylon cotton.

I rest my case. Want to continue this little debate? You do the research next time.

• Head Moderator

Arc’teryx have cutting edge development and designs that other companies copy. Their kit uses quality materials and is specially designed for longevity and is repairable. That is why it is the kit of choice. Buy quality, buy once.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

£33.90

2 front pockets

2 EDC gear pockets

2 velcro seat pockets

Adjustable waist

Reinforced seat

Gusseted crotch design

Polycotton Ripstop

£249

2 velcro seat pockets

Adjustable waist

Gusseted crotch design

Nylon cotton Ripstop

The Arcteryx has a knife compartment in the front pocket, whereas the Helikon has a gear compartment in the cargo pocket.

The Helikon has elastic adjustable cuffs, the Arcteryx has velcro adjustable cuffs

I rest my case. Want to continue this little debate? You do the research next time.

Had the Helikons - can confirm they were shit and lasted all of about 3 game days before the gusset ripped (funny that's one of the selling points) also the elastic on the cuffs gave up the ghost after one wash (yes the washing instructions were followed) and the stitching in the pockets came undone in the same timeframe of the gusset - which again opened up like a cheap hooker.

11 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Apart from the different sized round, mainly because the bad guys use AK's so its sound and silhouette means the user receives an instant critical shot. 😕

Be like buying Nuprol instead of TM ;) 

I was not being entirely serious! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Had the Helikons - can confirm they were shit and lasted all of about 3 game days before the gusset ripped (funny that's one of the selling points) also the elastic on the cuffs gave up the ghost after one wash (yes the washing instructions were followed) and the stitching in the pockets came undone in the same timeframe of the gusset - which again opened up like a cheap hooker.

And then on the flip side I’ve got a pair of camogrom trousers and one of there smocks that I’ve absolutly battered over the 5+yrs I’ve had them and there both doing fine ,the trousers I have had to repair once when a seam burst ( but to be fair I did go arse over tit as I climbed over a barbwire fence ant the leg caught on it) so I’m perfectly happy with Helikon kit .

On the subject of ‘get what you pay for’ on quality brands , I've had a near £400 mountain hardware waterproof have a potentially life threatening catastrophic failure of the seam sealant on the top of Pen-y-fan in really nasty weather , in the space of 20mins well over 60% of the seams started leaking on it and it was 4mths old if that ? Luckily I’ve always been a “1 is none and 2 is 1” person so I had a lightweight packaway in my bergen so I was ok to get down off the mountain , but does shows ANY thing can fail no matter the price or manufacture . All your paying for really is a lesser chance it will fail due to better materials and more stringent QC ? Who knows ! 

Just now, Druid799 said:

And then on the flip side I’ve got a pair of camogrom trousers and one of there smocks that I’ve absolutly battered over the 5+yrs I’ve had them and there both doing fine ,the trousers I have had to repair once when a seam burst ( but to be fair I did go arse over tit as I climbed over a barbwire fence ant the leg caught on it) so I’m perfectly happy with Helikon kit .

On the subject of ‘get what you pay for’ on quality brands , I've had a near £400 mountain hardware waterproof have a potentially life threatening catastrophic failure of the seam sealant on the top of Pen-y-fan in really nasty weather , in the space of 20mins well over 60% of the seams started leaking on it and it was 4mths old if that ? Luckily I’ve always been a “1 is none and 2 is 1” person so I had a lightweight packaway in my bergen so I was ok to get down off the mountain , but does shows ANY thing can fail no matter the price or manufacture . All your paying for really is a lesser chance it will fail due to better materials and more stringent QC ? Who knows ! 

You say that but I think this may be a case of older stock being better quality as a team mate also had a pair of helikon literally fall off him mid game due to stitching seemingly made out of cheese. Not uncommon for brands to either get better or get worse, look at some of the Airsoft brands, TMC for example used to be a complete crock of shit but now the QC seems to have improved and also the manufacturing processes, where as SEMAPO used to be top notch when they first appeared then the QC went down the toilet and their reputation followed.

• Supporters

Fair comment bud 👍

TMC and Emerson Gear kit is pretty good Tbh. 

I think they must be part of the same company. 

Well worth looking at if Crye is to prohibitive to one's wallet. 

• Supporters
On 09/10/2018 at 07:23, AshOnSnow said:

£33.90

2 front pockets

2 EDC gear pockets

2 velcro seat pockets

Adjustable waist

Reinforced seat

Gusseted crotch design

Polycotton Ripstop

£249

2 velcro seat pockets

Adjustable waist

Gusseted crotch design

Nylon cotton Ripstop

I wouldn't trust a pair of helikon trousers to survive a Sunday skirmish.  

5.11 do Grey kit as well.  A good tip if your on a budget, Arco Trojan work trousers, Blackrock Hardshell from e bay, hell even a Grey boiler suit.  You can always add a bit of velcro to style these up a bit. ;)

Why are people debating what the Met buy for operational counter-terrorism officers, versus what airsoft players buy to pose at their local site? Met CT command seeks consultation and guidance from SAS and the police have a 'NATIONAL' uniform account. It's not like the chief con deputizes someone to go visit cadetkitstore to buy Gucci kit!

• Supporters
On 13/10/2018 at 04:18, KendoKhan said:

Why are people debating what the Met buy for operational counter-terrorism officers, versus what airsoft players buy to pose at their local site? 

Err because that’s what Airsofters do ! 🤦‍♂️

We collectively have more tacticool knowledge than any PC plod could EVER hope to gain ! 

You new to the sport or what ? 😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest VødkåBløøded

•LEAF Assault Shirt AR

•LEAF Drac Combat Pants

•LEAF Assault Balaclava 

•0612A Rigger's Belt

•Heavy Duty Belt

•S.T.R.I.K.E. Plate Carrier

•Nexus Gen-3 Fast Mag Holster AR-15

•Double Pistol Mag Pouch

•Double Flashbang Pouch 

•SIG MCX 5.56 Carbine

-Micro T1 Red Dot Sight W/ Protective Cover

-Red Dot Sight Magnifier

-X400U-A LED Weapon Light W/   Laser

-Gunfighter Foregrip

-L5 30rd Magazine 

-Tactical Sling

•Glock-17 Pistol

-X300 Tactical Light 

-Glock~17 Magazine 

-6354DOS Tactical Holster 

-Universal Carrier

-Drop Leg Twin Mag Pouch 

•X26P Taser With Extra Cartridge 

-X26P Belt Holster 

•Tetra Terminal SRH3900 Radio

•Comtac-3 & Selex CT5 PTT

•OPS-CORE FAST Ballistic Helmet

•Tactikka Plus Torch Head Light 

•Tactical "CTSFO POLICE" Riot Shield

•XA Pro 3D Boots

•M-Original Gloves 

•U.K. Carabiner 

•401 Foretrex GPS

•LEAF Knee Pads

•MK13 Flash Grenade

•Light Sticks

•Light Stick Holder

•Influx Goggles 

•Plastic Handcuffs

•Quick Handcuff

•Quick Handcuff Carrier

•"Police" Patch

•"CTSFO" Patch

•SCO-19 Team-5 Patch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.