Back in the game after 10 years!

RMDavis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning everyone,

Myself and a good friend have decided to get back into airsoft from a very long break! We are both in are 30's now and after yet another discussion of very fond memories we thought why not!?

My name is Rob, and based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Brad and I often played in various sites down South: Eversley, Chobham, Southampton etc

Obviously when we used to play UKARA certainly wasn't around, fortunately due to the area we both work in our public liability insurance allows us to purchase RIF's without them being 2 toned. Although I fully intend to get my own UKARA number asap as it makes buying much easier.

That being said it's allowed to me to buy two new weapons, the first for a very long time!

A Krytac LVOA-S and a TM PX4 as back up (I also have a very old TM Super 90 back from when I used to play)

It's a shame I didn't keep my old gear/guns as the last few weeks buying up new equipment etc has been bloody expensive! 

Some of my old guns included...

TM Famas F1 (my first gun and ex rental)

TM Sig 550

TM H&K MP5 SD5

CA M16

ICS AK74U

TM Beretta M9

WA Infinity

TM Glock

TM AK Spetsnaz

Tanaka Revolver (not sure what type but it was olive green and miss it terribly!) 

I've probably missed a few!

Looking forward to booking my first game very soon! 

Any recommendations of any decent sites new/old that are local to me? As although I'm starting up with my mate, he is very busy with work etc so I will probably end up playing a few games on my own, and rocking up to the odd game solo!

*** Will be going to my first game tomorrow at Combat South ***

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Rob.

5 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome back ;)

The only place I've been to around that area is 'Absolute airsoft' in Reading.  Not a great place but OK to try and cheap.

Thank you mate, 

I can't say I have heard of that site. Although I have booked a place at 'The Mall' in Reading for one of their Thursday games before it gets shutdown end of this month...

Was also planning to attend the Gunman Eversley site on the 21st as it's so local to me, makes sense to get my UKARA through that site. 👍

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Welcome back ;)

The only place I've been to around that area is 'Absolute airsoft' in Reading.  Not a great place but OK to try and cheap.

Skirmish wycombe is a much better alternative 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Aside from the Mall, I've played at Gunman and Ambush in Eversley, Absolute in Reading and Skirmish Wycombe in High Wycombe, Dogtag in Holmsbush and Reforger near Watford.

All are probably within an hours drive or so for you. 

Each have their pros and cons, but I enjoyed playing at all of them.

For woodland would say Skirmish Wycombe is probably my favourite just now, it's a good site that is being actively developed and it's also the closest to me, so I don't need to get up at the crack of dawn 😉

Cheers

G

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps!

As mentioned I ventured down to Combat South in Fareham (on my own) last Sunday, and I had the most incredible day!

Feel like I have missed out on so much not playing the sport for so many years, and after just a days skirmishing so many good memories came flooding back and reminded me why I loved airsoft so much... (many more were created on this Sunday!)

I setup in the safezone on my own, giving the larger parties and groups plenty of room. I must admit I did fell a little apprehensive on the way to the site, but I needn't had. we're all a bunch of massive geeks really aren't we? So all it takes is a comment on a person's gear, and that's it your away! 

Both my LVOA, and PX4 performed faultlessly out the box, I certainly didn't feel under gunned. 

I've got next Thursday evening booked at the Mall, and I'm also going to attend the Gunman Eversley site on the 21st of October

However I'm becoming a little impatient for my next game, so I'm going to chance my arm and see if I can take one of the extra walk on slots tonight at the Mall as it's fully booked...

Cheers,

Rob.

Archived