Advise please - Ares Amoeba AM-013/014 or G&G CM16 L 2.0 E

Igme
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

I am in Thailand at the moment and while looking at the available AEGs (for my first/beginner AEG), I noticed that the Ares Amoeba (AM-007 to 016) is around $50 (USD) cheaper than the G&G CM16 L 2.0E. The difference in cost can cover a bucking upgrade (like the prometheus purple) for the Amoeba, but not enough for a prometheus inner barrel. 

I thought that though the CM16 is one of the better entry-level AEG out there, the Amoeba's features (EFC) puts it in the mid-tier. I am not sure if the CM16 2.0 is still an entry-level or a mid-tier. 

I would like your advise what is the benefit of getting the CM16 over the Amoeba, or if it is better to get the Amoeba. 

Thanks in advance. 

i started with a cm16 raider ,then got the amoeba am013. the amoeba comes with a 6.03 barrel so a barrel upgrade wouldn't be that necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the area am013 a few weeks after it's initial release and it's still going strong. Nearly 3 years later and the only upgrade is a m100 spring to bring me to 340 fps. No issues with it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a shop yesterday to look at airsoft guns. I was inquiring about the ARES' reliability and the attendant was recommending E&C over it. 

I went home with a Coyote G2 Kriss Vector to display with my swords/knives 😛 - I know it probably isn't reliable, but it is just looks good. 

I will just buy one for playing next month, Now I am thinking about ARES or E&C. Anyone can share their experience with E&C?

Thanks in advance. 

Archived