Motor Advice with Gate Titan

madmogga
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a bit of advice on motors and to see if anyone else has had any issues using Lonex and Titans. Recently I started to fit titans to all my guns (4 of them) but on the second install on my ICS I experienced a problem with the Titan giving me a Motor error, on speaking with Gate who have a very good customer service they advised me that the Lonex range in his words are “often faulty” – I am running a Lonex A2 – with 16:1 gears on an 11.1 Lipo and not had any issues with it until I installed the titan but going to change it anyway as I can have it stopping half way through a game..

So couple of questions

Has anyone else had issues with Lonex motors or more specifically using them with titans ?.

Secondly the Gate tech support recommended ASG motors looking at their range I am not sure which ones are best for me to get, I have two guns with Lonex A2 in them which I am going to replace, both running 16:1 gears on 11.1 Lipo’s

First is my AEG not worried about high RPS (currently I think around 28rps) something in the Mid to low 20’s is fine as I play are mostly semi anyway it currently has an SP100 spring giving me around 330fps – was looking at their infinity 30000 but this is saying standard speed standard torque.

Secondly is my DMR not sure on the spring in this as it’s been a while since I opened it up but thinks it’s a sp130 cut slightly to bring me in at 450fps, dmr is locked to single shot so just need good trigger response for this I was looking at their Infinity, CNC U-22000

Any suggestions or comments on the ASG range of Motors ?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Asg CNC Ultimate 30k

^this

they do up to a 40k, and whilst the titan can restrain the 40k in full auto to prevent your gearbox from exploding, it'll murder your batteries.

i'd say 25-30k, leave the rof limiter at 30rps would be the sweet spot.

I run a CNC 35K in one gun on 7.4 lipo's and it gives me about 25rps on 18:1 gears. It's fast enough that it double shoots on full charge (no AB mosfet).

It runs very cool, compared to the SHS high speed that was in previously and is faster.

It has absolutely no trouble pulling the M110 (cut) for 345fps.

Going off that if you are running an AB fet and 11.1 the 30K might be too much, but you can bring that back into line with the titan. It shouldn't have any issues at all with an M100-110 spring.

38 minutes ago, Iceni said:

I run a CNC 35K in one gun on 7.4 lipo's and it gives me about 25rps on 18:1 gears. It's fast enough that it double shoots on full charge (no AB mosfet).

It runs very cool, compared to the SHS high speed that was in previously and is faster.

It has absolutely no trouble pulling the M110 (cut) for 345fps.

Going off that if you are running an AB fet and 11.1 the 30K might be too much, but you can bring that back into line with the titan. It shouldn't have any issues at all with an M100-110 spring.

Interesting you say it runs cool, the lonex at the moment get very warm, i think this is the AB in the mosfet, ive also been told that the AB also wears down the motor very quickly so use the setting on the titan to only use enough AB to stop any over spin

Quick update

I purchase the ASG Infinity CNC U-22000 for my DMR and the ASG Infinity CNC U-30000 for my AEG

The U-22000 has great torque giving very good trigger response the Gate titan showing average 14ms, While the U-30000 has a great combo of speed and torque and a little faster than i thought it would be  - with an 11.1 Lipo and 16:1 gears i am getting 29 Average RPS on a SP100 spring. 

Not yet been out for a game but so far not getting any Motor Errors from the Gate Titans on limited testing done int he garden :) .

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, madmogga said:

Quick update

I purchase the ASG Infinity CNC U-22000 for my DMR and the ASG Infinity CNC U-30000 for my AEG

The U-22000 has great torque giving very good trigger response the Gate titan showing average 14ms, While the U-30000 has a great combo of speed and torque and a little faster than i thought it would be  - with an 11.1 Lipo and 16:1 gears i am getting 29 Average RPS on a SP100 spring. 

Not yet been out for a game but so far not getting any Motor Errors from the Gate Titans on limited testing done int he garden :) .

do you have the rate of fire limiter on in the titan or is the 30k naturally coming out at 29rps?

i was planning on grabbing a 25k for my m4 (ascu so no rof control) and i'm aiming for that ballpark.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

do you have the rate of fire limiter on in the titan or is the 30k naturally coming out at 29rps?

i was planning on grabbing a 25k for my m4 (ascu so no rof control) and i'm aiming for that ballpark.

that is Natural with no limiter    - according to the titan i am getting a max of 34 rps but it averaged 29rps over the 500/600 bb's i test fired that day.- I was surprised as the Lonex A2 i was only getting 28 and thought that had a higher 40000 rating and was only looking for around 22/24rps - only other thing i did do was re shim my gearbox while I had time as i noticed a small amount of play in the sector gear.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, madmogga said:

that is Natural with no limiter    - according to the titan i am getting a max of 34 rps but it averaged 29rps over the 500/600 bb's i test fired that day.- I was surprised as the Lonex A2 i was only getting 28 and thought that had a higher 40000 rating and was only looking for around 22/24rps - only other thing i did do was re shim my gearbox while I had time as i noticed a small amount of play in the sector gear.

fair enough, i'll have to bear that in mind. i do have a 40k asg but it's just too hot for my box to handle when unrestrained and i'm temporarily back to a stock g&g motor.

Archived