Gas Blowback for my First Pistol?

Guardsman394
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am in the process of getting into airsoft with my first few skirmishes in a while booked up. Whilst I am in the process of getting the games in for my UKARA deference I am looking into a setup. I have an idea of the AEG I'm going to get but I don't know whether I should be getting a GBB pistol for my first one. Any advice?

Many Thanks.

unless you really need a back up i would lay off buying a pistol for now. With winter coming a Gas gun will become increasingly useless as it gets colder. if you need a back up you could get a MP5K AEG for sub £100 or any AEP with a lipo conversion will be good. Gas wise other than its size a MK23 NBB is the most practical year round gun. if you must have a GBB go Tokyo marui Double stack (plastic slide and large gas tank will work in relatively low temp). if you want metal KWC CO2 range but you might have FPS issues with new bulbs .

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

What would your opinion be on getting this as a starter AEG? I love the look and how it's different to your normal M4/AR but am concerned about the "skillful" rating...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ics-l85-a2-assault-rifle-aeg?pv=3819

50 minutes ago, Guardsman394 said:

What would your opinion be on getting this as a starter AEG? I love the look and how it's different to your normal M4/AR but am concerned about the "skillful" rating...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ics-l85-a2-assault-rifle-aeg?pv=3819

I've got one.  Don't worry about 'skill' rating.  Duno what they're on about.

Its good but heavy.  Feels great but a full day can be tough.

Ah that's good, do you use a rail modifier at all? Most people say that 90mm are rather uncommon so is difficult to mount a sight.

Archived