New player👋Which gun out of these?

RENOVIERT
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Christmas is coming.. Mrs is buying me a gun and I need to choose one! I’ve narrowed it down to a few at a reasonable price. Mainly play outdoors/tunnels etc. Thanks in advance for any help/advice Matt👍 

VFC AVALON SABRE CARBINE £399

KRYTAC TRIDENT MK2 SPR £339

KRYTAC MK2 WARSPORT LVOA-C £389

ARES AMOEBA OCTARMS X M4 km13 £349 (12”) 

They are all very good systems out of the box, and all 4 of them have excellent aftermarket support for repairs/upgrades. So as a first gun, I would choose whatever you think looks the best as you can't go wrong internally with any of them. Personally, I have owned a lot of VFC, and Ares guns in the past, so I would pick the Krytac just to try it out and also because I have heard many good things about them. Just remember that every gun on the market has its flaws, but they are all easily fixed with aftermarket parts, and you shouldn't have to worry about that with any of these guns unless you really abuse them.

Sorry bud, I'm here for selfish reasons.

Like you I'm new to Airsoft wargaming and I shall be looking for a decent sidearm myself. I have been looking and looking but to be honest I have no idea what the hell it is I'm looking at! I have some knowledge of firearms manufacturers but this is totally unrelated to Airsoft manufacturers so the research you have obviously done will save me a great deal of time and the codes will help me to decide, which I prefer the look of and which is easiest for me to shoot.

Hope you don't mind

Regards

Rumblesplitskins

They are all good known brands but it all comes down too what you like the look of. 

Though I will throw something else in there the G&G TR16 MBR 308SR @ £329.99

2 hours ago, RumbleSplitskins said:

Like you I'm new to Airsoft wargaming and I shall be looking for a decent sidearm myself. I have been looking and looking but to be honest I have no idea what the hell it is I'm looking at! I have some knowledge of firearms manufacturers but this is totally unrelated to Airsoft manufacturers so the research you have obviously done will save me a great deal of time and the codes will help me to decide, which I prefer the look of and which is easiest for me to shoot.

Firstly, sorry for the long post.

In my opinion, you should look at what makes airsoft appeal to you. To me, "looking cool" plays a big part of my fun in airsoft, so I would shorthand a list of sidearms you think "look cool" and then look up which manufacturers make it for airsoft. Assuming you are looking for pistols, good brands to look out for are any brands that base their systems on the Tokyo Marui gas blowback system (the majority of gas blowback pistols are based on the TM GBB), or even the KSC System, although these are getting a bit less popular now. Compared to 10+ years ago, there are so many choices for sidearms it doesn't really matter which you choose. But one thing you have to be sure of is the availability of aftermarket parts for when you need replacements.

TLDR; Pick a pistol that either runs on a reliable GBB system, eg. Tokyo Marui, KWA, System 7 etc. KJ (TM, WE are based on the TM system, although there are other brands use it too. Maybe Umarex, but not 100% sure), The KWA System is also reputable and widely used especially in the US. Both TM, KWA, KJ and Umarex systems have great aftermarket support for spare parts.

Remember that in airsoft, manufacturing tolerances are much looser than the real steel world and you should expect things to break after use. Some brands/systems offer more longevity than others, but any system you choose will eventually fail to some extent (some earlier than others). The most popular systems will be the Glock and 1911 platforms and those will have a plethora of aftermarket parts and support available. However, this is not to say other systems won't have any at all, you will just have less choice for parts for eg. the USP or M9.

Look up the Novritsch SSP1 and see how it's system operates. (Novritsch has a second YouTube channel explaining it in detail.)

Edit: Keep in mind, that even if a system is based on the TM GBB system, it may not be 100% compatible with it. For example, the WE Glock 18c is based on the TM system, and shares certain parts with it, but the slide would not be compatible with TM slides. I personally own a WE glock and use TM upgrade parts in it. The slide would be the last thing I would expect to break, so the incompatibility with TM slides doesn't matter much to me.

@RENOVIERT I was/am in same boat and after 3mths decided on Krytac MK2 CRB.  I pick the CRB over the SPR and LVOA as where I play the DMR/Sniper gun are restricted to 10m range.  MK2 CRB felt more appropriate for me and Krytac make would stand me in good stead for quality but not highest end/cost with good upgrade/custom path in future.

If helps I have also made shopping list of all items need when buy gun, post more research on all items and found all on PatrolBase :

Gun KRYTAC Trident CRB MK2 FOLIAGE GREEN   1 £330.00
Magazine
Nuprol Airsoft M-Series N-Mag 300 rd Flash Magazine
  1 £11.00
BBs 0.25g Ares Amoeba 4000 1kg   1 £8.99
Batteries Nuprol 11.1V 1450mAH 30C Stock Tube LiPO   2 £22.00
Lipo Charger
TURNIGY ACCUCEL 6 - NIMH/NICD/LIPO/LIFE/PB
  1 £50.00
Lipo Charging Bag GIANT POWER LiPo Safe Charging Bag   1 £4.00
Gun Case 8Fields Tactical Padded Rifle Case-130cm   1 £40.00

Just my choices.

I've got a Krytac mk2 CRB, very good and recommended, you don't really need the extra length you get with the SPR etc. but your choice as they're basically all the same bar barrels/rails. Any will do you fine and you don't need to upgrade anything for a fair amount of time! Battery storage is a bit tight but nunchuck 7.4v's fit...just.

Nuprol Mid cap's also fit and feed perfect. 

Archived