New 3D printed Grenade

potyexprora
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, potyexprora said:

What's everybodys view on this?

That you seem to have a bit of an interest in 3D printing.  A professional one, perhaps?  Got anything that you want to disclose to us?

My view is that it's a teaser video of a prototype that isn't available yet, might not be available ever,  and that I'd never order anything directly from a device manufacturer again as opposed to buying from stock from a reputable retailer.

On the device itself, it does appear to produce a spread of BBs unlike the Cyclone.  However, it does't produce many of them and going by the video that the creator has chosen to produce, it has a nearly inaudible pop.  So just like a Cyclone grenade it's unlikely to be noticed unless it goes off right at your target's feet, and sometimes not even then.  I'd predict lots of shrieks of "PYROOOOOOO!  CALL YOUR HIIIIIITS!" and grumpyface in the safe zone.

• Supporters

Also feel it’s a very slick teaser video (bit too slick for me) of a one off product that’ll probably end up bearing absolutely no similarity to what they sell in the end ? 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, heroshark said:

I'd rather invest in a MAS-G :D .

Wow, that's still going.

we have to make the money to be able to refund people and continue to work on the grenade

Translation: we need to take more money from a new batch of true believers in order to refund you treacherous heretics.

We're super close [again] so expect to see some photos of units being assembled early [in September 2018]

<tumbleweed.gif>

I dont like bb 'nades like this as there is no control over the direction of the bbs. What happens in the few seconds after deployment if you hear WEAPONS DOWN as the guy in the room has lost his eye pro?

What is wrong with ones which go BANG?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, potyexprora said:

if the  mechanical countdown is "Precisily" ...

That's beyond the laws of physics with 3d printed stuff. I have extensively experimented with it and it's a solid no.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2018 at 09:43, Samurai said:

That's beyond the laws of physics with 3d printed stuff. I have extensively experimented with it and it's a solid no.

Actually, it depends on the printer that you have access to and the medium you're printing in. SLS with Silicon Carbide for example is stronger and more accurate (print resolution of 32 micrometres is achievable now with ceramics) than just about anything.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Actually, it depends on the printer that you have access to and the medium you're printing in. SLS with Silicon Carbide for example is stronger and more accurate (print resolution of 32 micrometres is achievable now with ceramics) than just about anything.

Yeah, but precise mechanical timing is still not in that realm I believe. And by precise I mean always between 3-5 seconds. If it's something that slides or uses pressure it's already too much influenced by lubrication, dirt, temperature and the couple of shocks from the impacts. If it's gears like in mechanical clocks, then the impacts, the spring power, orientation and it must be so delicate that I'd be worried about throwing it.

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

Yeah, but precise mechanical timing is still not in that realm I believe. And by precise I mean always between 3-5 seconds. If it's something that slides or uses pressure it's already too much influenced by lubrication, dirt, temperature and the couple of shocks from the impacts. If it's gears like in mechanical clocks, then the impacts, the spring power, orientation and it must be so delicate that I'd be worried about throwing it.

There airsoft gear set's in certain platforms that already used sintering as their production process (CTW planetary gears), and that is with less accurate tolerances than 32 microns.

• Supporters
On 02/10/2018 at 17:52, Albiscuit said:

I dont like bb 'nades like this as there is no control over the direction of the bbs. What happens in the few seconds after deployment if you hear WEAPONS DOWN as the guy in the room has lost his eye pro?

What is wrong with ones which go BANG?

To be honest bud I don’t think I’ve EVER encountered a B.B. grenade that had enough ‘umph’ in it to puncture a wet paper bag let alone take someone’s eye out !😳

😂😂😂

Archived