king arms L1A1

the guru
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a semi-working king arms L1A1 in black it all seams to run fine apart from the rounds rolling out the end so could just be way down on power.

it has a battery 90rd mid cap and 4 high caps just wounder what the going rate would be for it.

Depends where you advertise it - I would advise some of the Cold War FB pages might be some demand there.  Though most of us use the Ares version.

• Supporters

I'd give it a ballpark figure of £300-£350, BUT that would be for a working model.

There is a big demand for L1A1's, partly fuelled by their rarity & limited production runs by either manufacturers, but again the "issues" yours has may scare off potential buyers, might pay you to get it assessed by a decent tech, either in order to have the repairs done yourself or inform potential buyers ?.

I think your about right for a fully functional gun @Tackle

Trouble is it isn't fully working. And some of the basic parts for those guns are no longer available at all. Gearbox parts are fine it''s a standard V3 box in it, but try find a hop unit and you'll be looking for a long time as the Ares one isn't compatible with that model.

I did put an offer in on this one, but the seller wanted far more than I would want to pay for something that could end up been a non shooter. Just too many variables for me to warrant top money.

I did a little evaluation on it before I put my offer in. Age alone means it will want at the most basic level a rewire and hop rubber and main spring. Time to do that is about an hour. And £30 in parts +£30 in tech costs since it's a stock gearbox with no QC system.

Added into that you have the troubleshoot and repairs to do, Could be: Stripped piston, binding tappet plate, smashed air nozzle. Or in the very worse case a smashed hop unit. So say £20 on needing an internal part replacing.

So just to get the gun running as a basic gun without upgrades you might be looking at £50-80. To upgrade the motor, barrel, mosfet as well add another £70. Before long you could end up in the situation where an Ares is cheaper, Especially if you can't do the work yourself so you have to pay tech costs as well.

Archived