New (forces) player, Bucks

Subatomichades
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Currently serving in the Military however, due to a change in branch...missing the buzz a little so thought i'd take up Airsoft! I'm new to Airsoft and don't really know where to get started, i understand i need to be UKARA registered to buy a RIF but wonder if there's any dispensation for currently serving military? (i don't want to buy a two tone to then re-paint it later on).

Also does anyone know where's the best sites around buckinghamshire? I'll probably end up going on my own (wife doesn't feel like it) but if anyone is willing to show me the ropes / team up i'll defo be interested! So far as kit...goes budget isn't really a problem but i was thinking about going with a Glock 17 & M4?

Thanks for your help!

James

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

There are no exemptions for HM Forces, whether currently serving or with previous service.

You need a defence to buy a RIF, i.e. site membership. Being on the UKARA database is good to have but not necessary, although it can make it easier to buy from some retailers.  Best for you to rent for your three games to obtain site membership, and then buy a RIF to avoid the IF (two-tone) route.

Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) posts in each section, start here:

• Supporters

Where abouts in Bucks are you based fella?   I’m just over the border in Herts, but we travel in and out of county quite often. Quite a few around the Herts/Cambs border.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this topic.

Cheers

G

Archived