Cold War Airsoft

EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, those unfortunate souls I have met in person will have heard me banging on about Gunman Nam and Cold War games - so here is the link for the next iteration of the excellent Gunman Cold War series.  If you are interested in getting away from the shit hit taking, whinging and general ass fuckery of a skirmish day come and try some historical airsoft.  No need to have any of the kit as its all provided (we have loads of East German stuff).  Just bring your self and a suitable gun.  Don't worry about people being stitch counters (we shoot them).  Also below is a link to a good kit guide for the period....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1659863994058605/

https://www.coldwarairsoft.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2018 at 10:43, Albiscuit said:

Looks interesting

There is a game coming up on 10 Nov.  Great thing about it is if you lack kit there is a literal tonne of loan kit available so all you need is an appropriate weapon.  Shout me if you want to know more.

• 3 months later...

Some of the tomfoolery from this weekends event at Gunman Airsoft.  Photos courtesy of Wyvern Airsoft

p3273042468-2.jpg

https://www.wyvernphotography.com/p209516877/hC316AA24?fbclid=IwAR0LheqTYsSyp6wl067F9ajFHG8Cv2aCMutODRzP2Bm1uTh2iL0UQRc40bE#hc316aa24

6 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Some of the tomfoolery from this weekends event at Gunman Airsoft.  Photos courtesy of Wyvern Airsoft

p3273042468-2.jpg

https://www.wyvernphotography.com/p209516877/hC316AA24?fbclid=IwAR0LheqTYsSyp6wl067F9ajFHG8Cv2aCMutODRzP2Bm1uTh2iL0UQRc40bE#hc316aa24

Sweaty I bet! Cool in a bizarre way though....

The NBC suit was fine - it was the mask that was awful.  Really hard to breath and you sounded like an elephant giving birth.  Check out the other photos.  We have another game in May

14 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

<snip> Check out the other photos.  We have another game in May

Just had a look through, looks like a great day. Proper immersion. 👍 I like.

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

We have loan kit for beginners if you are interested....just saying

I certainly am and thank you very much. I can't currently play however when I am back on my feet I'd love to tag along. 👍

Very kind to offer.

Well, when you are able to play let me know.  The games are usually at Hook so down your neck of the woods.

2 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

nice idea, 

What the game concept? Its been running for around 6 years....so not exactly new.  Best airsoft I have been to.

19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'll be attending Gunman quite often in the near future hopefully. 

I'll keep an eye out for you Monkee.

Its not my local site, I only go there for the Filmsim games.  Nam and Cold War.

56 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

What the game concept? Its been running for around 6 years....so not exactly new.  Best airsoft I have been to.

its new to me 0okay. :P

Nice sig,

• 3 months later...

Tiny bit of a necro post - but we have a game coming up this weekend at Eversley - I will be in attendance with the new GHK AKM.  If you are at a loose end this Bank Holiday weekend I recommend coming along if you are in the area, even for just 1 day.  Superb airsoft experience and immersion.  We will even let you fill out some forms in triplicate for the East Germans.  We do like our Admin.

Out of interest. Do you think a FAMAS would be usable in one of these? Very late stage cold war introduction. 

Yes.  There are people who run french kit.  Not many and not often but yes it's usable

The L85A1 (SA80) is on the allowed list too.  We aren't really that big a stickler TBH.  In

fact, I could loan you some British kit and you could bring your L85 :)

• 5 months later...

Bumpage incoming.

Again to promote this most excellent of niche airsoft scenes.  There is an event on this weekend 23rd Nov 19 at Gunman Airsoft Tuddenham if you would like to get a feel for the scene and avoid the usual bullshit that attaches itself to airsoft skirmishes.  There will be loan kit available.  Sadly you will be deprived of the pleasure of my company as I can't make this one.

The next Cold War event after this will be 4/5 April 2020 at Gunman Airsoft Eversley site near Hook in Hampshire.  Again, if anyone has even a vague interest, come along its a very friendly scene and easily the best airsoft I have taken part in.  You can look up the Facebook pages Gunman Cold War Airsoft and WARPAC Cold War Airsoft for further details.  

• 1 month later...

Correction, the next event will be end of Feb 29th -1 Apr at Eversley as usual.  Anyone interested in attending please PM me.  No need to have any kit bar an appropriate weapon and even those can be provided.

• 7 months later...

Incoming warning of potential nuclear holocaust........Red Mist 32 (has it really been that many!!) is due to hit 14 Nov 20 at Gunman Eversley.  Large amount of notice fo rthose of you who may be interest in the best airsoft you have never been to yet! @Asomodai bring that Frenchie kit dude! Happy to pick you pup from Hook train station

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.