G&G ETU replacement module on the way

Sitting Duck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Nahhh not me ( I wish )

but these guys seem to have one in the pipeline due soon-ish....

http://perunairsoft.pl/en/products/gg-etu-upgrade-kit/

A few extra bells n whistles plus shouldn't have the picky battery bollox

ANNNNNDDDDDDD ability to turn on/off AB too

How reliable is it - I don't f**king know it ain't out yet ffs

but can't be no worse that the G&G one

Question is, the price I guess at end of the day

looks like a straight forward swap out of w @ nked ETU mosfet module

hopefully under £40 ~ £50 I reckon, I'd like it lower but any module with bells on ain't cheap

If your G&G gets a bit picky, or are worried it will go kaput at some stage

well could be a bit of good news on the horizon

Oh and G&G - if it's any good you might want to approach these guys and call it you ETU 3

(saw a post on G&G FB that some bloke with the new blue ETU 2 crapped out and needs a replacement

so looks like the new 3/5 round burst blue ETU 2 still has issues - way to go G&G)

Took them long enough to get this ETU 2 to market - posting on FB just recently...

Image may contain: text

https://mailchi.mp/guay2/gg-upgraded-etu-and-mosfet

mods move this as n where it needs to go - maybe news or general heads up

(if not too dear I might get one as I got another FFR A2 somewhere untouched still in box to test)

Nice... I'll wait to see the problem threads before  I go chucking one in anything I own tho.

Looks like a lot of the ETU bashing has paid off. It's like they read the comments on here! Battery support for all voltages, Electronically fused (no idea why if it has an electronic fuse they still have a mechanical one), AB toggle.

Provided they actually work and don't fail constantly like the ETUv1 it might make the mid range G&G's worth looking at again.

Have you seen the new gen gearbox as well.

image.png.1921d5b6951580e37a9e20cce48d2ad9.png

Some interesting features there. Radius shells, Interesting selector arrangement, AOE inspection port, Double stacked wires with relief at pinion.  Looks like it might be a promising unit.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Iceni said:

Nice... I'll wait to see the problem threads before  I go chucking one in anything I own tho.

Looks like a lot of the ETU bashing has paid off. It's like they read the comments on here! Battery support for all voltages, Electronically fused (no idea why if it has an electronic fuse they still have a mechanical one), AB toggle.

Provided they actually work and don't fail constantly like the ETUv1 it might make the mid range G&G's worth looking at again.

Have you seen the new gen gearbox as well.

image.png.1921d5b6951580e37a9e20cce48d2ad9.png

Some interesting features there. Radius shells, Interesting selector arrangement, AOE inspection port, Double stacked wires with relief at pinion.  Looks like it might be a promising unit.

Looks nice, they radius their old stuff for quite a while up front, don't know why radius the back tbh

(it cracks up front)

Interesting selector arrangement is the ambi fire selector like Krytac/VFC and others use

(not fussed tbh as I'm not a lefty)

odd twin rear receiver pin holes - probably goes in a bespoke v2 based gun ???

but you missed the biggest G&G innovation....

They are now putting the screws on the right side !!!

(well blowbacks had screws on the right side instead of left/underneath)

They have thickened the box up a bit too

As long as they improve upon stuff going forward

but in the electrical side of things mosfets were never G&G's strong point

The G&G boxes are easy to work on, cheapo Cyma's are cast and never finished at all

friggin' razor sharp edges on a v3 028a box - nasty bastid

But G&G's are a nice box to tear down & redo etc....

Just some of their innovations seemed to go one step forward and 1.5 or 2 steps back at times

Think they could abolish their grey 18k motor for the blue powerful one as std motor in all Combat Machines

Ifrit ain't bad for higher mid range guns

Think they have shelved their MARS SYSTEM, a vid that is nearly 5 years old now....

YEAH so glad I wasn't born in France, I can't speak a word of French

& ANIMATION of MARS with no tappet plate....

Nah - just make the bastid work if you bring out new stuff

bringing out stuff NEW but NOT IMPROVED don't sit well with customer base

Oh well we shall wait n see I guess - here's hoping a new 3rd party ETU arrives soon

If they start getting their act together - I'll have to find another hobby or something else to moan about

Archived