Looking to get into airsoft

Daniel Alford
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Airsoft is quite easy to get started with.  Find a site near where you live, either by seachng the forum or google, or say which town/city you live in and people can make recommendations.

Book a skirmish with a rental gun.

Turn up and play!

Follow the marshall's advice at the breifing.

You don't have to invest in anything beforehand, but I was glad i got my own ey/face pro, boots and gloves beforehand.  Typically rental eyepro is mesh.  Good pair of boots with ankle support is a good idea, and BBs sting especially on the fingers.

Search the forum, lots of opinions on what to get.

Wait until you qualify for Ukara before buying a gun. 

Will give you time to see what is around, maybe hold a few at skirmishes.  Same for camo, have a look at what others wear before diving in, some like to follow the crowd and others like something more unique.

Cheers

G

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of the pinned (sticky) posts in each section, they have some useful information. Start here:

• Supporters

I can only echo MisterG's advice.  No need to splurge on anything until you've found out if airsoft is for you, but you will want sturdy boots, and dropping a few £££ on some impact glasses might be an idea.  Pop in to Screwfix, pretty much anything by Bolle is going to do the job.  Take the offered face protection on site, then try it versus glasses to see which you prefer.

And don't worry about turning up alone.  Airsofters tend to be a friendly, welcoming bunch.  Just ask someone about their gun and they'll bend your ear off. ;)

1 hour ago, Daniel Alford said:

Thanks for the advice, I have just purchased protective eye protection and face mask, also boots.  What advice would you give regarding weapons?

Play a few games with rentals to get you started, have a chat with folks at the games and look at their guns, they will be only to happy to show them off, and see what you fancy. Type of game play and site layout will affect what you want, no sniper rifles for CQB that sort of thing. By the time you get your UKARA you will have started to get an idea of what particular gun you want.

Archived