I like metal guns and I cannot lie.... Advice for more!

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's true. I cannot lie.
I run twin CZSP01 shadows - They're not the best guns, but I love them. I love the weight (1.1Kg) and I love how they feel in my hand.
I love my dan wesson - it's full metal and a true beauty. 
I know that some RS guns are polymer - but I'm guessing they feel like toys. The RS Glock 17 I got to shoot certainly did - I hated it.
I love my dan wesson - it's full metal and a true beauty
I just got hold of two TM pistols - a 226 and a M&P9 - both cracking guns. Well built and accurate. But I just didn't want to use them, because they didn't feel right to me. And I put this down to not being metal / being lower in weight. So I'm going to sell them. And a few other things. So I can buy some different, metal pistols.
But I don't want to get cack.
I'm after suggestions for decent, all metal pistols, but tbh, I don't know where to start.

sell the m&p and buy a nice metal kit for the 226. My personal opinion if I had to choose on the one to metal up would be the m&p but you already mentioned the polymer lower thing.

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

sell the m&p and buy a nice metal kit for the 226. My personal opinion if I had to choose on the one to metal up would be the m&p but you already mentioned the polymer lower thing.

What he said

Until very recently I would have agreed with you.

But I have just acquired a TM P226 E2 and the latest Beretta M9A1 and I am a complete convert to Marui pistols.

For function and accuracy they are unbeatable. I have two WE Glocks which I like and will keep for cqb and an AW Hicapa which has performed very well so far but is too heavy and blingy to use for skirmishing.  However the hefty all metal Sigs, Berettas and 1911s from WE and KJW no longer appeal to me. Not only do they have poor paint jobs, but they don't have the best track record for reliability.

I have no intention of buying metal slides and frames for my TMs. I will keep them stock and use them mainly for shooting at home and at my local range.

They may be made of plastic but the are made very well and the finish on some of them looks more authentic than that on some metal guns. The Marui Mk IV Series 70 Government is the best looking 1911 I have ever seen.

In future I will try to pick up the 5.1 Hicapa in black and compare it over time with my WA.

kyairsoft is a good place to get WE's as they do trades on them which is nice. It's where I'm getting my new toy. Wouldn't usually entertain WE but I can't resist gbb Colt25 and traded is even better.

We just got the new Rudis pistol in with the included RMR sight, incredibly solid and their internals are a lot better on this new gen, maybe take a look at them or SAI pistols in my opinion :) 

Tm plastic slide pistols are the way to go for skirmishing, but if ou just want something ridiculous and heavy for the sake of it, the WE desert eagle is monstrous. I had a play with Airsoft Enginuity’s gold plated one and it’s a tank of a pistol

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Tm plastic slide pistols are the way to go for skirmishing, 

But they're just not fun to me.
In the same way a plastic, electric rifle is not as much fun to me.
The MWS when it's on point is a blast.
My Nuprol Pioneer defender? Not so much.
The CZSP01 Shadow is about 60g lighter than the real steal version. It feels awesome to use.
Even though we're playing a game, I don't like pistols that feel like toys.
That's why I never field my WE 18c - it feels like a toy. It's yuck, yuck and thrice yuck!
Now some people like polymer guns and that's great. But I don't.
Fun guns are the way to go for skirmishing - CQB especially - engagement distance isn't more than about 10m, so superb accuracy over distance isn't relevant. 
So - still looking for more full metal partners.
Ultimately, I'd like to run a loadout with multiple pistols, so when one gun is out, I can just swap to another and carry on ad infinitum 😄

So here's a question is it just about weight or the material? For example heavy weight Tanaka revolvers, they are marginally lighter than the real steel but with a mainly abs body on the exterior. Would that float your boat or would you have to pass?

1 minute ago, heroshark said:

So here's a question is it just about weight or the material? For example heavy weight Tanaka revolvers, they are marginally lighter than the real steel but with a mainly abs body on the exterior. Would that float your boat or would you have to pass?

I think it's a combination of the weight AND the material.
There's something about metal (and wood, for that matter) that plastics just can't provide.....
For example - an AK with a poly furniture, vs an AK with full wood furniture - the latter gives me the horn - the former does nothing for me....

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

For example - an AK with a poly furniture, vs an AK with full wood furniture - the latter gives me the horn - the former does nothing for me....

this is the fundamental understanding of man-ness right there.

I understand your liking for metal - even though it is pot metal - because, to a certain extent, I share it. I bought what is effectively a G&G CM, but in metal.

However as far as pistols are concerned I feel you are in for some disappointment. Even Sig, Beretta and CZ are moving over to polymer framed guns. The latest US military sidearm is a polymer framed gun.

The Glock is probably the most popular and widely owned pistol after the 1911, a wonderful gun that is now over a hundred years old and has limited mag capacity. The Glock has replaced the heavy Sig P226 as the official sidearm of the British military.

It's only a matter of time before we have pistols with synthetic slides.

Like you, I have shot a real Glock. In fact I once owned one at the same time as a CZ75. I shot the Glock more frequently.

11 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

However as far as pistols are concerned I feel you are in for some disappointment. Even Sig, Beretta and CZ are moving over to polymer framed guns. The latest US military sidearm is a polymer framed gun.

I know that the trend is towards polymer for modern weapons.
However, thankfully, that's irrelevant to us as airsofters.
As you say, the 1911 has been around for a while - and is still made and used - it's iconic and I can't see it not being made for airsoft.
Metal guns offer added realism to their polymer counterparts - no matter what new weapons come out - a higher number of current and old models are all metal. A polymer AK? Hell no!
I think the only threat to metal airsoft guns is if people stop buying them.
So I'm going to go the opposite way.

Are there any decent CZ75B's worth buying?

I like the metal guns, but I do like the Glocks as well. Would love a nice CZ75B :)

1 hour ago, tasum said:

Are there any decent CZ75B's worth buying?

I like the metal guns, but I do like the Glocks as well. Would love a nice CZ75B :)

ASG do an all metal one - I believe its their rebranding of the KJW, but with all the trades. Or you can get the KJW one a bit cheaper with no trades.

And KWA also makes a metal one with a plastic outer barrel.

There are reviews of both on Youtube.

On 29/09/2018 at 10:02, sonofsammo said:

I know that the trend is towards polymer for modern weapons.
However, thankfully, that's irrelevant to us as airsofters.
As you say, the 1911 has been around for a while - and is still made and used - it's iconic and I can't see it not being made for airsoft.
Metal guns offer added realism to their polymer counterparts - no matter what new weapons come out - a higher number of current and old models are all metal. A polymer AK? Hell no!
I think the only threat to metal airsoft guns is if people stop buying them.
So I'm going to go the opposite way.

I have an Armorer Works Hicapa and have been quite impressed with it so far.

They are very nicely finished, and I was able to get three mags worth of bbs from a single gas fill during the hot weather. You can also buy co2 mags for them, but I am not keen on co2. 

They certainly look nice and have plenty of weight. Lots of kick to the recoil.

The Americans have been very impressed with them. Proprietory parts only but they seem to be widely available.

• Supporters
On 28/09/2018 at 22:47, emilianoksa said:

The Glock has replaced the heavy Sig P226

Airsofter: I want my toy gun to be heavier so it feels more real for 6 hours every 2nd Sunday.

Real gun user: I want my gun to be lighter because I'm carrying it all the damn time.

Archived