question about importing parts.

epicstan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am looking to replace some parts on my KWA USP tactical and the only way I can get a lot of the parts is buy them from Asia is there any advice you would give me for importing these the main ones are the frame and the slide because both have become quite worn.

Depends upon the site,  but generally they’re not a problem, order the parts, wait up to three weeks, pay your import duties & handling charges, and you’re golden

4 hours ago, epicstan said:

I am looking to replace some parts on my KWA USP tactical and the only way I can get a lot of the parts is buy them from Asia is there any advice you would give me for importing these the main ones are the frame and the slide because both have become quite worn.

Check the HMRC website for the import duty thresholds, then check out your options on postage costs

When buying multiple items the combined value goes up and you may cross a threshold under which there would have been no import vat or import duty 

If Asian sellers are giving free post then make different orders, if it’s not free post then work out the difference between one and multiple packages

Finally don’t assume you can’t use a UK retailer, pick your favorite and see if they will import on your behalf

Archived