New

darrenwoodward
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Not played at AWA.

You can turn up without buying anything, but I was glad I had proper boots, gloves and my own face and eye pro, for my first game.  Loads of recomendations on the site, if you do a search.

Of those I would say the eye and face pro were the most important for me.  Rental mask are pretty basic, often are mesh and can be a bit manky, next the boots then the gloves.

Getting hit in the finger does hurt a lot, without gloves it's a lot worse.

Cheers

G

1 hour ago, darrenwoodward said:

Thank you mister g what gloves would you recommend.

prince may be i will bump in to you there .

Hello mate, if your renting then gun, overalls and mask will be provided for you but that’s not to say you can’t being your own stuff if you have it. One thing I would recommend being that it’s starting to get colder is a sturdy pair of gloves that are good for shooting personally I’d go mechanix. For the love of god though please buy yourself a decent pair of boots 😂 have a look in sports direct as they have deals on karimor boots (which I wear and got two pairs for £120 down from £179 a pair!!) any questions on before coming down drop me a message or send our Facebook page a message (I don’t run that the owners do)

2 hours ago, darrenwoodward said:

Thank you mister g what gloves would you recommend.

prince may be i will bump in to you there .

Clumpy has already given you a few tips. 

Some of these are down to personal taste, e.g. I prefer thinner gloves as thick gloves tend to make my hands cramp up.

Loads of threads on gear, just type in boots/gloves/ Eye Pro etc in the search bar.

Cheers

G

Welcome

I'm reasonably new too and 1st game rented all kit.

But quickly realised goggles, mask and camo my first purchase.

Goggles ESS ones off EBay £24 comes with excellent 3x lens sets, clear, smoke, yellow tint

One Tigris Mask off Amazon £14

One Tigris Multifunctinal Helmet £34

Gloves Mechanic Easy fit £13

Invader ATP Tropic camo gear £64 bought 2nd month of UBAC top and Revenger TDU trouser 

Boots are this month.. looking at EBay used Magnum Viper 8 app £35-50

Gun hoping to buy  November time.  See my shortlist post if helps.

Before all that definatley recommend the beginner guides, they excellent.

Hope this helps 

• Moderators

welcome,

dont play there myself but a friend at work who has taken up airsoft plays there ;) 

Archived