Plate carrier woes....... And suggestions please...

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was extraordinarily excited to receive the WAS DCS DA kit.
Until, that is, I put it on.
I look like a frigging militarised TellyTubby.
The PC doesn't do everything I wanted it to.
Yes, it gives me somewhere to carry stuff. Yes it covers some of my torso.
BUT it doesn't cover the only bit of my torso I actually wanted covering - the spare tyre.

I'm after something that
a) I can attach molle pouches to
and
b) That covers my torso down to the waist/hips

I like the vest used by Frank Castle in Ep11 of the new Punisher series, but I don't think it had any molle.
But something like that would be grand.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

• Supporters

Unfortunately bud as you also have the more ‘manly physique’ as many of us do shit like this just ain’t made to fit our body shape and to be fair it’s aimed at guys a lot younger AND thinner (I won’t say fitter as I may be a fat barstuard but I can still run rings around a fair few of the youngsters at my site , no stamina them lot !)than us 😱😇

Would think your options are either drop the shoulder straps as much as you can or have you thought about chest rig sort of kit ? Something like this perhaps.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/chest-rigs/tactical-rifleman-chest-rig-black-8fields

What about a Fort Defender 2 Molle like the product image shows on here http://www.bunnyworkshop.com.hk/airsoft/IRT_Defender_2_MOLLE_straight looks like it may fit your needs there's also this https://grey-shop.ru/armor/Original-bodyarmor/defender-2-stichprofi if that of any use to you.

Ferro danger pouch attached to the bottom of the carrier, covers the wobbly bits for me. 

Problem is, your plate carrier is actually covering the bits it should and is designed to cover Heart, lungs, liver etc. 

You may be better off with a more generic armour type, like an osprey or IBA etc. 

Modern plate carriers are designed to stop a critical hit often sacrificing abdo cover for mobility etc, try working in and out of a vehicle in full armour and you'll soon see why. 

It's a toughy but the dangler pouch has saved my podge more than once. 

I feel your pain been a similar build to yourself I suffer in the spare tyre region, i come away from Killhouse with some right bruises on the stomach, love handles !! I don't mind getting shot etc but it really is nasty in this area!

Best I've found is the condor gunner vest it's very adjustable but still not perfect, only thing I can think of is attaching a battle belt to bottom of it but reversed, like the below -

IMG-20180905-WA0008.jpg

2 hours ago, Lokai said:

I feel your pain been a similar build to yourself I suffer in the spare tyre region, i come away from Killhouse with some right bruises on the stomach, love handles !! I don't mind getting shot etc but it really is nasty in this area!

Best I've found is the condor gunner vest it's very adjustable but still not perfect, only thing I can think of is attaching a battle belt to bottom of it but reversed, like the below -

IMG-20180905-WA0008.jpg

Holy shit! We're both at the same site! - What are the odds? lol
When do you go? I'm normally there on a Tuesday/Weds -  I'm easy to spot - I'm in shorts/hoody/dye/fast with twin tracer pistols 😄 
We're probably running round shooting each other in the wobbly bits! And why oh why oh why does it hurt there like nowhere fucking else?????

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Holy shit! We're both at the same site! - What are the odds? lol
When do you go? I'm normally there on a Tuesday/Weds -  I'm easy to spot - I'm in shorts/hoody/dye/fast with twin tracer pistols 😄 
We're probably running round shooting each other in the wobbly bits! And why oh why oh why does it hurt there like nowhere fucking else?????

Lol, depends for me when the wife is working nights , so I play a mixture, your not the chap that has the TM non blow back pistol with the heavy BB weight (when not at killhouse of course)?  I tend to hang around with the guys with horde patches.

It really does tho, don't care where or how often I get shot but in the spare tyre has me swearing !!!

I'm the guy in the back with the warq helmet (will be sporting my afuk patch next week) -

received_2273944026035170.jpeg

8 hours ago, Lokai said:

Lol, depends for me when the wife is working nights , so I play a mixture, your not the chap that has the TM non blow back pistol with the heavy BB weight (when not at killhouse of course)?  I tend to hang around with the guys with horde patches.

It really does tho, don't care where or how often I get shot but in the spare tyre has me swearing !!!

I'm the guy in the back with the warq helmet (will be sporting my afuk patch next week) -

received_2273944026035170.jpeg

Yup, that's me - silenced mk23 and .4s (or tracer and .2s lol)

Do you ever play the proving grounds as well?

I recognise having been shot by most of the guys in that pic 😄 

Go with a Viper Elite and a battle belt combo.

The elite is actually well made and holds heavyweight mags on front, hydration bladder on back, and full weight NIJ4 sim front SAPI (haven’t tried osprey but it might work) back SAPI and side plates 6x6” with ease.

Wouldn’t have a problem walking into a war zone with it. Combine it with a battle belt, and nobody will notice the cheeky extra pizza here and there.

7 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Yup, that's me - silenced mk23 and .4s (or tracer and .2s lol)

Do you ever play the pricing grounds as well?

I recognise having been shot by most of the guys in that pic 😄 

Small world eh! Off to proving grounds next Sunday, will keep an eye out for you (if your going).

i use the black hawk cross draw tac vest and at 1 point was nearly 19 stone in weight and it fitted but dose lack molle capability but it dose work well with a m16 m203 set up 

Archived