The Mall - Closing Date

BibbsOnTour
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Well, there's always the 3am queue.

Disposable BBQs, coffee and banter 

I'll  post you a cardboard cutout so you can save me a place in the queue 😁

Same here, didn't get in.  20 slots for unbooked

if I lived closer I might consider it, but to drive 1 hour +, to get turned away doesn't appeal, especially as I am sure some will line up from the wee hours of the morning.

Might be on the news - sudden rise in rough sleepers in Reading 😉.

Cheers

G

4 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Same here, didn't get in.  20 slots for unbooked

if I lived closer I might consider it, but to drive 1 hour +, to get turned away doesn't appeal, especially as I am sure some will line up from the wee hours of the morning.

Might be on the news - sudden rise in rough sleepers in Reading 😉.

Cheers

G

Why would they leave unbooked slots?? Just setting people up for disappointment that is

AFAIK, tt was always like that.  When I played in May, a group turned up for someone's last minute bday surprise and were keeping fingers crossed they could get it.

Fortunately for them, they did.  They did canvass the queue to see who had booked vs unbooked to try and work out if they would get in.

Not got access to me emails at work so will find out if I got on for 21st at home.  I will be disappointed if not but not going to cry about it as the memories were fantastic by themselves....

33 minutes ago, MisterG said:

AFAIK, tt was always like that.  When I played in May, a group turned up for someone's last minute bday surprise and were keeping fingers crossed they could get it.

Fortunately for them, they did.  They did canvass the queue to see who had booked vs unbooked to try and work out if they would get in.

Yea I get that it’s what they’ve always done, however for events the that know will sell out surely it makes sense to book all spaces so you don’t get loads of people disappointed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nah missed out. Fucking gutted is not the word!! 

Looking to book up every Thursday I can manage. 

Failing that who’s up for breaking in the first Sunday of November for an illegal game? (Joke)

(maybe not, pm me haha ;) )

My mate rang Luke and apparently walk ins have no chance. About 200 people want to play and at least 20 will either get a hotel room or camp from sat night so looks like ima miss it 😢😢

unless one of us DID get a spot and fancies opening up a fire escape?? Hahaha 

(joke)

not!! Pm me lol

So I emailed the mall and my mate called Luke and it seems there is another CQB site on the cards to replace Mall. 

Hopefully it all works out and doesn’t fall through etc and opens up pretty bloody quickly!! 

8 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

So I emailed the mall and my mate called Luke and it seems there is another CQB site on the cards to replace Mall. 

Hopefully it all works out and doesn’t fall through etc and opens up pretty bloody quickly!! 

Let's hope so!

Fingers crossed it's more east of London this time too! :D

All that’s east of London is Essex, and the bits of Kent best forgotten about so no idea why anyone would want to go that way .. ;) 

from my source (I sound like a spy haha) it’s in Reading

• Mostly Retired Moderators
6 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

All that’s east of London is Essex, and the bits of Kent best forgotten about so no idea why anyone would want to go that way .. ;) 

Thank Christ for that if true.

I heard staines was going to be the new location. I wouldn't be able to go there too often :(

Love this rumour and speculation though :)

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

36 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I heard staines was going to be the new location. I wouldn't be able to go there too often :(

Have fun speculating but at the moment there is no news on anything but once the owner or manager have something it will be announced.

Until they do that officially treat anything you hear as gossip and bullshit. As no one else has knowledge of anything.

• Moderators
On 28/09/2018 at 06:00, L3wisD said:

The entire area....not that would be good! :D:lol:

looks like i'll never get to experience the mall now, just never been able to get free time..... :angry::(

curious....but will google......, whats going to be built in the area, is there a name of the development?

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, djben9 said:

The entire area....not that would be good! :D:lol:

looks like i'll never get to experience the mall now, just never been able to get free time..... :angry::(

curious....but will google......, whats going to be built in the area, is there a name of the development?

Flats, retail and offices.

• Moderators

Typical, that’s what Urban Assault will one day become!

• Supporters
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 23:26, Albiscuit said:

bits of Kent best forgotten about so no idea why anyone would want to go that way .. ;) 

OY OY, dont start on Kent, got lots going for it ?....me for starters😉

frabz-KENT-What-my-friends-think-I-do-What-my-mom-thinks-I-do-What-soc-0a5c78.jpg

Head Marshall at Battle lakes said today lots of alternatives are being floated around for The Malls replacement so happy days :D 

Archived