fan assisted goggles

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

like most on here i'm not a particular advocate of mesh eye pro, for a start it screws up the ability to see sights and that's before we even talk about safety.

being the definition of sweat and a woodland bushlurker i've been spending too much time crouching in a hedge doing the tactical wave trying to demist to get that precious 10s of vision clarity to dish out some righteous fury, needless to say i've tried every de-misting trick from fancy modern compounds to rubbing a potato on the lense.

so i've finally decided to get some proper fan assisted goggles, having a quick look around has turned up these:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/glasses-goggles/protective-goggle-mod-2-with-built-in-anti-fog-fan-dark-earth-fma

but figured it might be worth asking on here in case anyone knows of any more low profile alternatives, money is no object (well, until we get to the level where a pair of new eyes is cheaper ;) )

If you already run big goggles you could try this https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/habervision-eliminator-goggle-fan.html . You can get them cheaper I think but I just grabbed the first link. As with most goggles your mileage my vary, based on things people have sent me to mesh including high end fan assisted goggles. 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, heroshark said:

If you already run big goggles you could try this https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/habervision-eliminator-goggle-fan.html . You can get them cheaper I think but I just grabbed the first link. As with most goggles your mileage my vary, based on things people have sent me to mesh including high end fan assisted goggles. 

I currently run low profile glasses, not even full seal as whilst its a risk i need the air flow (and i still have problems)

Lower profile would definately be a plus.

I'll bear that in mind though, could grab myself a nice set of goggles and drop that on it.

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, heroshark said:

This is a very nice idea , especially the fact it has a humidity sensor built in to it so it’ll switch its self on when needed (Airsoft ? Most of the time ! 😂) BUT after a very short time it’ll drive you demented ! When it’s running it sounds like 16yr old chav on his ‘tricked out’ scooter giving it full twist through the housing estate ! There’s this hi-pitch whine that's horrible after just a few seconds of being on , id think if your running around the dulux splurge field for a couple of minutes then you’d probably not notice , but if your sat sweating your arse off in cover waiting to ambush someone then give it a minute max and you’ll run screaming out of the bush shouting “somebody shoot me please !🤣🤣🤣

The main issue with cheaper goggles is the lens quality and coatings are not as good. Also the fan component can  be of lower quality and be noisy, or just break quickly. The haber is reasonably quiet on the scale of things tbh but doesn't shift much air compared to the goggles with built in fans . Another thing to consider is a quality goggle with a thermal lens in combo with the haber. I think the lowest profile fan goggle I know of is the TM one which also has the attached mask, don't know if it would be preferable and indeed removable if not needed. You would hope it would be reasonable being tm, I remember there being clones of it too.

• Supporters

I tried one of these but I found the FMA goggles fan was actually quieter than it ! (Not as quiet as my TM fan goggles but they ARE TM!😉) and the FMA did send more air circulating through the goggles but I could see it working well in a splurge mask (somthing like an i4) where you’ve got more space around your face . It was the metal touching fillings in your teeth hi-pitched squeal I couldn’t stand . 😫

• Supporters

i guess by the sounds of it the trade off is the same for pc's, bigger fans move more air for less noise.

i suppose i can dodge the need for low profile if i just get a riser for the m4, everything else has a relatively high offset.

• Supporters

I fogged up everything that I tried and eventually settled for fan goggles similar to the OP's items.

Then I double glazed them.   A sheet of 0.75mm PETG cut to fit inside the polycarb lens and frame, a narrow strip of 2mm thick double-sided foam tape to form a polycarb / PETG sandwich and... oh wow... they actually work.  Pyramex iForce double-glazed glasses don't work for me, but ham fisted shed bodged goggles do.

To the extent that when I burned out the fan wiring (pro-top: don't insert a 3.7V 14500 lipo backwards while the switch is on), I managed to play a whole day without any fogging or fan support.

Might be work a try with your eye-pro of choice, although you'll want a biggish lens to begin with to take into account the area lost to the tape.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I fogged up everything that I tried and eventually settled for fan goggles similar to the OP's items.

Then I double glazed them.   A sheet of 0.75mm PETG cut to fit inside the polycarb lens and frame, a narrow strip of 2mm thick double-sided foam tape to form a polycarb / PETG sandwich and... oh wow... they actually work.  Pyramex iForce double-glazed glasses don't work for me, but ham fisted shed bodged goggles do.

To the extent that when I burned out the fan wiring (pro-top: don't insert a 3.7V 14500 lipo backwards while the switch is on), I managed to play a whole day without any fogging or fan support.

Might be work a try with your eye-pro of choice, although you'll want a biggish lens to begin with to take into account the area lost to the tape.

well i decided to take a punt on the tg ones, if they don't work i'll bear that in mind, ordered a riser too for the m4 as it's currently my primary bushlurking gun (well, the ak bushlurks but it's my "so 1 shot wasn't enough eh?" gun)

it's not so much a problem in the open, and especially if it's a windy day

Try these...guy selling cheap on Ebay...some tactical websites are selling x3 for £11!!! 😲 I've bought quite a few from this guy below and swear by them...stops fog dead!  Handed a few out recently to a few guys when I was at Drakelow Tunnels and they all loved using them.  **Does not stop sweat build up, but stops fogging on both single pane / thermal lenses.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revision-Anti-Fog-Anti-Fog-Cloth-Wipes-Choose-Quantity-Required/292007864217?hash=item43fd066799:m:mcZ9UmOd0TxVYSehimi2Xuw

• Supporters

Should be good, my fan goggles worked well with the fan on, and that was placed over at one side and blowing inwards.  A centre fan that I assume is venting upwards should work better.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Should be good, my fan goggles worked well with the fan on, and that was placed over at one side and blowing inwards.  A centre fan that I assume is venting upwards should work better.

Fingers crossed, at least it'll stop me looking like a tit flapping at my face in the bushes (oh god what did i just write :P )

maybe i'll even be able to actually wear a half mask too, i dont currently as its just a recipe for fogged glasses.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Monkman said:

Will be interested to see how you get on with fan goggles...could you do a review/post about your experience after.

Fan goggles are good.

They don't fog even at rest.

Haikus are for fogs.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Monkman said:

Will be interested to see how you get on with fan goggles...could you do a review/post about your experience after.

yeah i'll post something up about them, i'm hoping it'll be the cure for my problems.

1 hour ago, Huxley said:

Should be used to it coming from that other forum 😉

too true, too true.

• Moderators

a few have used them on here and seem to have no issues, i was wary of the lenses as the youtube videos seem to show them denting after being shot at...

i ended up getting revision fan one a few years back, you only have one set of eyes:)

It could be these are a newer version and have increased lens thickness?

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:51, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah i'll post something up about them, i'm hoping it'll be the cure for my problems.

hope they work for you - I'm considerable putting an order in so planning to wait until you have tested them :)

Archived