fan assisted goggles

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Depends.  Depends on what FMA goggles you mean, and whether they're actually FMA, and whether the ones I have which look the same as FMA are FMA.

I have lookalikes of these:

http://www.fma.hk/ballistic-goggle-updated-version-version-tb886-p-742.html

And they've taken some good solid hits in CQB and woodland without any issues.

50 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Depends.  Depends on what FMA goggles you mean, and whether they're actually FMA, and whether the ones I have which look the same as FMA are FMA.

I have lookalikes of these:

http://www.fma.hk/ballistic-goggle-updated-version-version-tb886-p-742.html

And they've taken some good solid hits in CQB and woodland without any issues.

These are the ones I have as well, and like yours have taken loads of hits.

Cheers

G

I have friends who run the old FMAs, some that run new FMAs and one that runs the ESS fans. All work well but you definitely get what you pay for. Newer FMAs are certainly better than old, but ESS are by far the quietest.

Personally, I have a set of the Pyramex iForce things. I rarely fog and when I do it clears quickly. Usually occurs if I'm hugging dirt to avoid flying plastic. I tend to give them a good wash the night before each game, and I've opened up the holes with a dremel to maximise airflow. For ~£23 on Amazon, can't go wrong. Even taken a shot in the eye from Kicking Muckstain from what may or may not have been within MED and not left a mark.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, DorianW said:

For ~£23 on Amazon, can't go wrong

Unless they fog up, like mine do.  I have to go double-glazed fan, or go mesh, or go home. :(

8 hours ago, DorianW said:

Even taken a shot in the eye from Kicking Muckstain from what may or may not have been within MED

From watching his videos, if you took a shot from outside his MED, while he was in bounds, and you were more than 10 feet from your spawn, I'll be amazed. ;)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

From watching his videos, if you took a shot from outside his MED, while he was in bounds, and you were more than 10 feet from your spawn, I'll be amazed. ;)

You know him well then?

• Supporters
9 hours ago, DorianW said:

Even taken a shot in the eye from Kicking Muckstain from what may or may not have been within MED and not left a mark.

from his description and guessing his med is 20m his .48's are still gonna be smacking you with ~1.2j of energy or the equivalent of a 350fps gun point blank.

needless to say that's going to be worse if he was within med.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

from his description and guessing his med is 20m his .48's are still gonna be smacking you with ~1.2j of energy or the equivalent of a 350fps gun point blank.

needless to say that's going to be worse if he was within med.

Well, it knocked my glasses cock-eyed and felt like being poked in the eye with a muzzle. And the area we were playing probably has ~25m range which is the sniper MED at BL.

It will probably be in his part 2 video of the Battle Lakes game. But he is probably still editing out the section where 2 of my team found him, shot the stuffing out of him before he ran away without calling a hit. The boy is classless.

Anyway, to return to the point: adapting the Pyramex iForce has worked well enough for me that I haven't felt the need to go to fans.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

You know him well then?

I know enough from how he chooses to present himself to know that I don't want to know him.

1 hour ago, DorianW said:

Well, it knocked my glasses cock-eyed and felt like being poked in the eye with a muzzle. And the area we were playing probably has ~25m range which is the sniper MED at BL.

It will probably be in his part 2 video of the Battle Lakes game. But he is probably still editing out the section where 2 of my team found him, shot the stuffing out of him before he ran away without calling a hit. The boy is classless.

Anyway, to return to the point: adapting the Pyramex iForce has worked well enough for me that I haven't felt the need to go to fans.

Your scenario is exactly the same as when I played at BL with a few mates against the same foe. KMs complete disregard for the MED and shooting one of us very close in the face.

Apparently his camera broke when we asked about his footage. We wanted to see his ignored MED shot plus when we hunted him down and rinsed him.... typical. He may be good at shooting but he's no sportsman.

And the staff where no better, zero interest cause he's a "Celebrity" and can do what he wants. lol

Anyway back to fans....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I know enough from how he chooses to present himself to know that I don't want to know him.

Oh, well, unfortunately I know him. My team mate knows him very well. First time I met him he wasn’t “famous” and he was quite shy, and relatively normal.. last time I met him he had turned into his reputed self. Think it’s actually his way of getting press.

• Supporters

ok so tg came through today, goggles and mask, took a bit of fiddling and cable ties but i have the mask onto the goggles now so protection of teeth is a possibility.

the goggles are ok, although they feel like they're made for a smaller head size than me as they're not the most comfortable, hopefully that'll wear in over time though.

noise wise it's pretty obnoxious with my full setup on, but then that's while also running a set of noise amplifying headphones and i reckon it's transmitting more through my skull to the headphones as with them off it's very quiet (enough to make you question if you have it on or not)

fan has 2 speeds (i think), the slower speed you can hear the pwm going although that'd quickly get drowned out by the noise of battle and again, noise amplifying headphones. it doesn't feel like it's moving much air, but maybe it's enough. i'm not going to make a call on that until i've run them in the field for a bit as just sitting in my chair doesn't exactly generate much sweat.

• Supporters

well, little update after a day in the field.

was a new site for me with a bit of indoor cqb which was something different, but still enough to make a few observations:

start of the day they were great, i'd still start fogging a little towards the end of a match but they definately prolonged the process. as the day went through seems they became less effective, part of this is they are too quiet, in an actual noisy environment it's next to impossible to tell if they're on or not. i'm considering doing away with the fancy full/half/off digital controller they have and just wiring to a simple on/off switch so i know if they're on or not by feel.

the battery compartment is a bit meh, it's possible when putting them on for a battery to be popped out and the rubber casing lets it stay sitting out, not ideal for ensuring they're definately on.

comfort wise however, they wore in well, even with the mask on they were definately wearable for the full day which is good, i was a little concerned of the shape when new was putting pressure on my cheeks which felt like it'd be agony after a while but they wore in very quickly.

Archived