Need Lipo help! :-(

ScouseReaper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm trying to discharge my lipo batteries, please forgive my noobness but I can't figure it out, I'm using a htrc B6 mini v2, and the instructions are shit, and the Google searches haven't helped at all.

I'm using 3 cell 11.1 and I probably won't use my m4 for a good few weeks now.

Can anyone help me with the discharge/ storage settings and what needs connecting where please? 

whatever I try the charger just keeps saying disconnect. 

20180925_174533.jpg

• Head Moderator

Not familiar with that particular charger.  I would recommend the iMax B6 balance charger; has a storage setting to keep the battery healthy by not fully discharging it.

(You can use the search tool, use term "imax" to see what others say about it).

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, BigStew said:

are you actually meant to discharge lipos?

iirc you're meant to store them at 50% for long term storage, but generally unless it's like 6 months i don't even consider it.

I'm also a noob but may be able to help a bit. 

Are you trying to put them into a storage state (I.e 3.8V per cell?). How did you charge them before? If you can answer these I might be able to give a little advice. I'll also do a bit of research on that charger as while it looks different the interface seems almost the same.

For short term storage no need to do anything, for long term store them at 3.7 to 3.8 volts per cell. (i've got lipos that are still good having been stored for years at this voltage)

Generally it's unwise to leave them stored anywhere near fully discharged, as even though they have fairly low self discharge, they can still drop just enough to render themselves totally unrechargable.

Ok, thanks for the replies, I'll keep it charged then, turns out I was missing an adapter so I ordered a tayima to mini tayima adapter, now I'm no cable expert but this looks dodgy as hell to me, aren't the cable colours supposed to match?

15380712299163152958204834039631.jpg

You have a R/C car cable.

Airsoft reverses mini tamiya connectors.

You can reverse it yourself if you are careful. There should be 2 metal tangs holding the metal part into the plastic. Push in the tangs and you can gently slide the pin out of the plastic.

43145738440_ac3e036647_o.jpg

You need to push both of the blue arrows (tangs) on each pin. And pull the wire in the direction of the red arrow out of the connector block.

Once out pull the tangs back out and push the pins into the correct holes.

6 hours ago, Iceni said:

You can reverse it yourself if you are careful. There should be 2 metal tangs holding the metal part into the plastic. Push in the tangs and you can gently slide the pin out of the plastic.

You need to push both of the blue arrows (tangs) on each pin. And pull the wire in the direction of the red arrow out of the connector block.

Cool thanks for the help, it's a bit naughty, seller said it was for airsoft, just as well I questioned it.  👍

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Iceni said:

good point, forgot i missed that.

as a note you can also swap around the banna plugs that go into the charger.

On 28/09/2018 at 07:29, ScouseReaper said:

Cool thanks for the help, it's a bit naughty, seller said it was for airsoft, just as well I questioned it.  👍

Did you by chance get them from amazon? In theory you could just reverse the plugs in to you charger. But I think changing the pins around is probably a lot more reliable for the future. (And you charger should give off a warning if the pugs are in the wrong way round. I tested mine when I got it, just bleeps and wont allow charging to start, useful if you where clumsy I guess!

Archived