Stipple my gripple - The stippling emporium

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Always wanted a stippled grip on my G17 so thought I’d have a go on a couple of spare back straps I had knocking around. 

Pics are are of my second attempt. 

I bought a textured lower lower frame so I’m going to stipple my original lower as well. 

Let me know what you think.

01DB6568-5EE0-42C9-B99A-DF3AFFE62D81.jpeg

E19B35B6-6F3B-4522-980D-4CE257536046.jpeg

884F2D06-2B8F-4524-8F96-7178408DA031.jpeg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

It looks neat, and aesthetically nicer than the big chunky woodchip-style stippling that we've lolled at in the Airsoft Dreamers thread.

This article suggests that deeper (messier) stippling provides more grip, but that's not such a big consideration for us as for real steel (or polymer) shooters.

• Supporters

Fecking hate it ! the concept that is but I must say you’ve done a very neat job , well done mate 👍

PS still fecking hate stippling ! 😇

One day I'm gonna get a tm glock and stipple the whole thing including the slide, trigger, barrel, mag base plates, if I can melt it I'll stipple it. It'll be hilarious.

33 minutes ago, heroshark said:

One day I'm gonna get a tm glock and stipple the whole thing including the slide, trigger, barrel, mag base plates, if I can melt it I'll stipple it. It'll be hilarious.

Funny you should say that, I have a TM G17 I was considering doing that too as well 😂

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Care to share your technique, as that again looks very well done

Ermm 🤔🤔🤔 I just poke it lots with a hot thing 😂

After a bit more practice I’d be happy to do some bits if you wanted? 

6 minutes ago, E21A said:

Ermm 🤔🤔🤔 I just poke it lots with a hot thing 😂

After a bit more practice I’d be happy to do some bits if you wanted? 

😂😂😂 Awesome technique. I think you could offer it as a service the amount of ruined kit I’ve seen 🙈

42 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

😂😂😂 Awesome technique. I think you could offer it as a service the amount of ruined kit I’ve seen 🙈

I think after I’ve run out of my own guns to do I may start offering it. 

I would give my right (not left) testicle if someone could stipple a frame for me as shown below.

Looking good for just starting out!

I have seen some terrible stippling jobs in my time. Straight up looking like they just jabbed the frame with a knife a million times.

FB_IMG_1537858095008.jpg

FB_IMG_1535446975181.jpg

Archived