[TMA] G&G Sig SG553

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience, knowledge or even currently owns a G&G Sig SG553. I'm curious to know what it's like in the quality department, how it performs, how reliable it is... all the usual information surrounding a potential new purchase.

I've had a look for reviews and there are a few floating around but I'm curious to hear from people with hands on experience.

Furthermore can anyone advise on where to obtain magazines (low or mid cap) for it? In the event I go ahead with the purchase.

Many thanks.

Getting magazines is what put me off this style of RIF, could only find Hi-caps from JG in stock (Taiwan Gun). No idea on their compatibility. In addition I am pretty certain this gun is discontinued production.

That being said, I still think they look brilliant and still think about getting a RIF in this style. I may envy you slightly, let us know how you get on finding parts etc.

7 hours ago, YorkieT17 said:

Getting magazines is what put me off this style of RIF, could only find Hi-caps from JG in stock (Taiwan Gun). No idea on their compatibility. In addition I am pretty certain this gun is discontinued production.

That being said, I still think they look brilliant and still think about getting a RIF in this style. I may envy you slightly, let us know how you get on finding parts etc.

I'll let you know how I get on. At the moment it's a no go unless I can find compatible mid/low caps which are available and unless I can also locate the appropriate rail sections as these aren't included either.

Thanks for having a nosey Yorkie.

Unfortunately I'm after the G&G 30 round mag's which I've read about. Apparently they're a perfect fit and due to the design they feed every single round. I realise it's arguably being fussy but in an idea world this is what I'm after. I appreciate the mag links though.

I managed to locate the rail set. It's actually a complete set which is available and I've found them from a UK retailer. I have read a rumour that real steel ones fit too but I'll go for the ones made by G&G.

I greatly appreciate the assistance and I'll keep you posted with the progress. One thing I'll have to do is order a spring and change out the one that comes with it.

On 25/09/2018 at 16:12, FreeFrag.UK said:

Thanks for having a nosey Yorkie.

Unfortunately I'm after the G&G 30 round mag's which I've read about. Apparently they're a perfect fit and due to the design they feed every single round. I realise it's arguably being fussy but in an idea world this is what I'm after. I appreciate the mag links though.

I managed to locate the rail set. It's actually a complete set which is available and I've found them from a UK retailer. I have read a rumour that real steel ones fit too but I'll go for the ones made by G&G.

I greatly appreciate the assistance and I'll keep you posted with the progress. One thing I'll have to do is order a spring and change out the one that comes with it.

If I wasn’t in my overdraft at the moment I’d be tempted to join you in getting one. Bloody other half stealing all my money. Why we can’t live on plain boiled pasta is beyond me, women can be so demanding.

20 hours ago, YorkieT17 said:

If I wasn’t in my overdraft at the moment I’d be tempted to join you in getting one. Bloody other half stealing all my money. Why we can’t live on plain boiled pasta is beyond me, women can be so demanding.

You could buy her one for her birthday. I am she would love it and definitely let you borrow it for the odd game.9

Archived