Any ideas where I can find this?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Whatever you find, you'll be needing some pretty serious sewing skills. That's almost entirely custom built!

• Head Moderator

Out of interest, what film / TV show is that kit from?

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Out of interest, what film / TV show is that kit from?

Ghost in the Shell

On 21/09/2018 at 10:12, sonofsammo said:

f3d6e4318596ed3cf08527c79c8dc44c.jpg

I'm after a vest like this, or very close to this.....
Any ideas? (that aren't the original from the film - cos that's eleventy billion dollars....)
TIA

That's a SDU plate carrier that has had it's dye discharged, probably distressed using paint spray, stone and lighter the pouches and extended shoulder pads are custom. Here is the photo of the standards vest and yes you can discharge dye from Nylon to give it an off-white/shabby grey look (it does damage the velcro). 

This is the closest thing I can find available in the market atm. 

s-l300.jpg

• Supporters

Wouldn’t be difficult to replicate the GitS carrier with one of these at all , be a relatively simple conversion job . 👍

1 hour ago, cropzy said:

Shame the live action was absolutely trash.

Ruined the story and it was piss poor.

I watched that first. 
I actually thought it was good - as I have nothing to compare it to. My opinion may have differed had I read the source material first (as with so many screen adaptations).
Had I not watched it, I'd have never bought the deluxe box set, which I'm currently sat imprisoned reading.
And I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's truly awesome - I can't believe how much of what he's written has happened, given he wrote it over thirty years ago now.
And I love the film, because it brought me to the graphic novels.
So the film isn't all bad.......

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I watched that first. 
I actually thought it was good - as I have nothing to compare it to. My opinion may have differed had I read the source material first (as with so many screen adaptations).

Exactly the same for me with the ‘Sharpe’ books , watched the first and second tv progs then bought the ‘Sharpe’s eagle’ book THEN bought the full box set and have now read them umpteen times to the extent I think I’m going to need to buy the whole box set again soon due to the condition of my originals ! 👍

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I watched that first. 
Had I not watched it, I'd have never bought the deluxe box set, which I'm currently sat imprisoned reading.
And I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's truly awesome - I can't believe how much of what he's written has happened, given he wrote it over thirty years ago now.
And I love the film, because it brought me to the graphic novels.
So the film isn't all bad.......

Watch the original movie and the SAC series. Read the manga and novels. 100000000x better. The only redeeming factor of the movie was Scarlett.........

Archived