TM 870 Breacher alternative?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

there are clones made by Golden Eagle that you can get from $99.00 + shipping + tax. however there is a reason TM cost that much.

• Supporters

Secutor Velites GII, although the next consignment seems to have got lost en route to Europe, same as the last one.

I'm pretty tempted by one in tan, if they ever show up in stock anywhere.

I've owned both tms nice guns but in the end neither were for me. I prefer something small I can chuck over my back and forget about  and not worry I'll break it. I've since modded a kwc co2 colt python to x4 shot and is the most practical, usefull shotgun I've owned.

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

I've owned both tms nice guns but in the end neither were for me. I prefer something small I can chuck over my back and forget about  and not worry I'll break it. I've since modded a kwc co2 colt python to x4 shot and is the most practical, usefull shotgun I've owned.

I know I'm being dim here - but I thought the Colt Python was a revolver, not a shottie?

6 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I know I'm being dim here - but I thought the Colt Python was a revolver, not a shottie?

Correct but functions as one. Like the Raging Judge. Just need to take the head out the shell an drill from the back and they take 4bbs. I like it because its small and wieldy more so than even a breacher, also semi auto. Nice thing about the kwc it has a hop so the range and grouping is better than most co2 revolvers. I've got the 2" using 0.25g get 20m but best at 15m with a torso size spread but it would be better with longer barrels. A tm shotty spring or gas would piss all over it in range but I would use a different tool if I wanted range.

1 minute ago, Interloper393 said:

I'd love that shotgun but £300 is a bit much for a bit of a giggle and do sites allow 3 or 6 shot bursts? It's another reason I would not buy one.. the whole point of a shotgun is burst fire not single..

some don't allow 6 but 3 is fine.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, heroshark said:

Just need to take the head out the shell an drill from the back and they take 4bbs.

That's so trailer park - I love it.

I've not heard my local site say anything specific about 3 or 6 shots, but I'm pretty sure one of the marshals blew a huge load on me from his gas shottie, so it's unlikely to be much of an issue.  It's the same amount of gas / pistoned air going down the barrels either way, so the impact is going to be much the same.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

one of the marshals blew a huge load on me 

Whatever gets you through the night dude.

1 hour ago, Interloper393 said:

I'd love that shotgun but £300 is a bit much for a bit of a giggle and do sites allow 3 or 6 shot bursts? It's another reason I would not buy one.. the whole point of a shotgun is burst fire not single..

It's £250 in some places 😄
And my local allows 3 shot.

I’ve owned the secutor shotgun. Looks and feels cool but what an utterly pointless airsoft gun. It’s like a giant, low capacity spring pistol. I can throw BB’s further. 

I think with shot guns you use them for the love of it ,same with revolvers. Its a lot more tactile and although in many ways more impractical it's very satisfying to get kills with. 

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve owned the secutor shotgun. Looks and feels cool but what an utterly pointless airsoft gun. It’s like a giant, low capacity spring pistol. I can throw BB’s further. 

What was yours shooting at, and did it have an effective hop unit?  I'm wondering if it's more or less random how much "fixed" hop you get out of shotguns.  My ASG springer apparently has a fixed hop, but you'd never know it.

52 minutes ago, Interloper393 said:

The tm ones 300fps tho, so 6 shots at that I wasn't too sure

Best case, shooting 3 BBs.  It should be lower shooting 6.

5 hours ago, heroshark said:

Correct but functions as one. Like the Raging Judge. Just need to take the head out the shell an drill from the back and they take 4bbs. 

Well, I know what I’m doing this evening. 

My TM gas shotties always hopped .25 pretty good. God I wish I never read this thread. It made me start tinkering. Always wondered what it would be like X6 shot. Modded a shell to try, not enough gas. Upped the gas out put. It's bloody evil and firing like a blunderbuss ATM because I oiled the seals and it's all over the hop. Also about as loud as one so I don't really want to test it in the garden anymore.

I've got a CYMA tri shot m870.  Short barrel with the full stock.

I chuck 0.25 or 0.28s or whatever I have in there.  With all 3 .25s it tends to over hop one, underhop one and one shoots straight.  Its not a huge variation though.  Heavy bbs help keep the group a bit tighter, laterally and vertically.

They do short and long barrel (inner barrel is the same) and full stock or pistol grip.  At my site three of us have 3 different ones and they perform at the same level, Which is pretty good especially given the price.

I wish i had got the no stock version because it woyld be easier to throw in my rucksack amd would get more use. That said It's nice to have the stock to help pump it as it can be quite stiff but once you get used to it you learn to holding steady.

Also you can tuck the shotty shells into the spare weave of your molle so you look like a badass.

@Rogerborg I think around 300 from memory. It shot .25’s about 20 meters max. It was boxed up after the first shell and sold. It offers nothing but disadvantage against absolutely everything 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I think around 300 from memory. It shot .25’s about 20 meters max

Awww. :(

Sounds like it had no effective hop then.  Given that the first batch apparently got held up for months in the Great Crate Hack of 2017, I'd wonder if the hop rubbers dried out like the gas seals.

Archived