New hop up

Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and I'm looking for some expertise, I have recently purchased a tippmann omega m4 and out the box it's pretty much trash, I want to buy a new hop up for it and I've been looking at the maxx and the prowin. What is the difference between them as the maxx is pretty much double the price, I'm going to get the prommy purple hop up rubber or the g&g green and a new barrel down the line, I would like to see what you guys think and thankyou.

22 minutes ago, Huxley said:

Don't go prowin, nothing but feeding issues.

Lonex I'm now using is great, all mags seat like they should.

Thanks I had a brief look at those too, does a new hop up make a good difference or will a new hop up rubber do about the same? 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've had a Prowin as my main unit for about two years now and had no problems at all. 

A new hop up is worth it, rather than just changing the rubber. Especially in a cheaper gun.

The arm/nub is more likely to stay where you leave it on a better unit, and the air seal should be better too. Just overall a good upgrade to do really.

9 hours ago, Mr B said:

Thanks I had a brief look at those too, does a new hop up make a good difference or will a new hop up rubber do about the same? 

Depends on the gun and the quality of the fitted hop. It's more done to improve the longevity, but yes you can get more consistent fps with a better unit.

The hop rubber and nub is what makes the real difference, I run a flat hop which can be bought everywhere, should come with a little square nub That presses on your bucking, as internally there is no nub.

That made a difference, my shots are tighter and I can run heavier bb's.

• Supporters

I have found the prowin is fine if you use a standard nub and bucking, if you try using it with a flat/r hop it is absolute pants.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Chad55555 said:

Hi did you ever figure out how to fix the accuracy on the omega? And what buckings would your recommend for flat hopping a gun. As I’ve tried 2 and both buckings make the BB’s get jammed in the bucking lips. 

No I didn't end up upgrading it, my friend had an omega and had the exact same problem with bbs getting jammed, that was with a prowin hop up unit. I just sold my gun as I couldn't be bothered with it anymore, sorry I couldn't be any help.

Archived