More range from CA M249?

Game Cam
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey boys/girls,

I have had my CA M249 for a while now and it seems to work fine.

I love having a lot more bbs to unload, I am a big guy so don't mind lugging it around and I feel more valued to the team as I am usually the only one around with a M249.

The only issue I am having is that I am getting out ranged by almost everything which means I have to close the distance to do any real damage.

I have messed around with the Hop a bit but I am hoping to sit down on Saturday and really try and dial it in.

In the mean time I have been trying to think what the best upgrades for my CA M249 would be to get more range from it. (I am still debating whether to do it myself or find a tech)

(I looked up machine gun upgrades but couldn't find any recent threads, so I have made this)

35082704_2167460996809088_382988500141604864_n.jpg

• Supporters

I would definitely use a tech, the gearboxes on these are very different to your usual V2s.  

What FPS are you at? Are they consistent?  

If fps is low, spring upgrade, if they are consistent, air seal and service.  

Once thats all done, there is a different hop rubber for these, @Lozart, I think,mentioned it before.

• Supporters

for range you need bb weight, spin and energy.

if you're firing 308 and your site limit is higher i'd definately start with looking at a stronger spring to bring it up to the level, spin wise a fancy hop unit isn't going to give you more overall spin but a more consistent spin and better accuracy will increase your effective (read able to hit people) range although as a support gun you may well be happy with a bit of spread, then that just leaves bb weight, which depending on how much you embrace the role of being the guy with the bb hose might leave your wallet aching at the thought of having to fill it with .3's.

certainly dialing in the hop nicely will be a good first step.

You're going to have trouble getting the most out of it with the full length barrrl as you don't really have enough cylinder volume for it. Before upgrading the spring it'll he worth checking the airseal and plugving any leaks. A decent airseal can get a M100 pushing 370 with a 300mm barrel on .2s. As for the hop, you're going to have to do some work on the hop. The original design is notoriously crap but with a bit of filing, a new rubber and r hopped barrel  you should get around 60-70m effective range

Archived