Novritsch unwilling to be responsable for faulty merchandise

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

"not compatible yet"

Translation- he's trying to corner his customers into buying only his branded kit for maximum intercompatibility.

Its like apple refusing to adopt microusb, he's a freakin genius.....

This, he's monopolising. Lets be honest, he's very very good at selling very average (if not below average) kit to people for overly inflated prices, there's no real surprise he's gone down this route to sell a load of overpriced SSG 'upgrade kits' that no one else sells to gullible fools. 

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

he's a freakin genius

I think you misspelled "cunt"?

(apologies to our more sensitive readers)

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

I think you misspelled "cunt"?

(apologies to our more sensitive readers)

Same thing when said with sufficient sarcasm :P

• Supporters

Will my eyepro be compatible with Novritsch 0.5Xg+ 6.45mm BBs, or will I need to upgrade that to play against them?

Oh gawd, the chronomaths.  No, I don't have 0.2g 6.45mm BBs, why would I?  No, I can't use your site 0.2g 6mms.  I have these 0.5Xg 6.45mms so you'll need to set the chrono for that to work out the energy, or keep a conversion sheet to hand just for me, or trust me when I promise I'm not over-power even though all SSGs seem to be over-power.

And by the way, did I mention that Novritsch says that they have different flight characteristics to 6mm, so I feel that I should have a shorter MED and a higher energy limit than everyone else, because Systema rules, peasant.

I have no personal grudge against the guy, I just hope that this crashes and burns and that he takes a huge personal financial hit and starves to death in the gutter, muttering "I coulda been a contenda" as the rats nibble at hit frostbitten fingers.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh gawd, the chronomaths.  No, I don't have 0.2g 6.45mm BBs, why would I?  No, I can't use your site 0.2g 6mms.  I have these 0.5Xg 6.45mms so you'll need to set the chrono for that to work out the energy, or keep a conversion sheet to hand just for me, or trust me when I promise I'm not over-power even though all SSGs seem to be over-power.

As someone who wishes sites would chrono on joules this brings great happiness. Wouldn't be any extra effort over chronoing joules as the only variable changed that would effect Eₖ is mass.

It is a good attempt at monopolisation à la apple I'll give him that.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Aengus said:

As someone who wishes sites would chrono on joules this brings great happiness. Wouldn't be any extra effort over chronoing joules as the only variable changed that would effect Eₖ is mass.

agreed, and it'll take out the effect of accidental joule creep if folk are chrono'ing on their game weight. sure you can get past it but it would require you to lie about what weight of ammo you're using.

i don't think it'd be that hard to chrono in joules anyway, just print out a strip and stick it on the chrono with the fps limit for x bb weight based on the joule limit, that way you don't have to keep changing the chrono settings.

Arnt 8mm bbs banned in many places? I wonder if they will allow 6.5mm bbs?

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, kasaran said:

i've heard this, but never really been heard a solid reason as to why, if the energy is kosher then a .48gbb is gonna hit just as hard as a 6mm as an 8mm, if anything the 8mm will be less as it'll have higher drag.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i've heard this, but never really been heard a solid reason as to why, if the energy is kosher then a .48gbb is gonna hit just as hard as a 6mm as an 8mm, if anything the 8mm will be less as it'll have higher drag.

Not sure how much effect it would have. iirc friction increases with v^2 so the larger bb and larger mass may end up keeping friction about the same or even less. It’s more likely imperfections and shit tolerances would make a bigger difference imo.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Not sure how much effect it would have. iirc friction increases with v^2 so the larger bb and larger mass may end up keeping friction about the same or even less. It’s more likely imperfections and shit tolerances would make a bigger difference imo.

drag is a squared relationship with velocity, but a larger diameter ball is going to have a larger surface area.

my point was that all things being equal (weight and energy) i don't see what would be wrong with an 8mm bb compared to a 6mm bb.

granted larger bb's do afford more weight (given there's a limit on their density) but if you have a weight limit then again it doesn't really matter the diameter.

On 19/09/2018 at 18:09, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

What a rotter.

how very polite of you sir

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

drag is a squared relationship with velocity, but a larger diameter ball is going to have a larger surface area.

my point was that all things being equal (weight and energy) i don't see what would be wrong with an 8mm bb compared to a 6mm bb.

granted larger bb's do afford more weight (given there's a limit on their density) but if you have a weight limit then again it doesn't really matter the diameter.

I know. Just going off on a tangent as usual. To be fair plastic can only get so dense and the more simple the manufacturing process (bigger bb over having multiple materials) means a cheaper end product, not going to happen with novvy boy doing it, and less overall inaccuracies. 

If you could achieve a heavier weight with larger bbs you should be able to get more range as the lower velocity would more than counteract the surface area increase (assuming friction coeffs would be similar) and therefore drag would be lower so range higher?

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I know. Just going off on a tangent as usual. To be fair plastic can only get so dense and the more simple the manufacturing process (bigger bb over having multiple materials) means a cheaper end product, not going to happen with novvy boy doing it, and less overall inaccuracies. 

If you could achieve a heavier weight with larger bbs you should be able to get more range as the lower velocity would more than counteract the surface area increase (assuming friction coeffs would be similar) and therefore drag would be lower so range higher?

i'm not sure, i did the math for 6mm bb's, but not for 8mm. i suspect there'd be a crossover where a 6mm bb of a lower weight would go further than an 8mm one of the same density (ie where the weight difference doesn't overcome the drag difference), but precisely where that point is i couldn't say.

certainly for the same diameter a heavier bb with enough spin will go further than a lighter one of the same energy.

What I see happening is the introduction of this 6.5mm BB size. Upgrade kits are released for older SSG's and then all new SSGs after that ship as 6.5mm version with no 6mm option. Total monopolization.

It's one thing launching an item onto a platform in a large marketplace, it's totally another creating yourself a platform in that established marketplace.

Wonder if he even believes in his products?

13 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

What I see happening is the introduction of this 6.5mm BB size. Upgrade kits are released for older SSG's and then all new SSGs after that ship as 6.5mm version with no 6mm option. Total monopolization.

Dont forget we’ll also be flooding macks thread with massively overpriced secondhand “rare” 6mm version SSG’s 🙄

1 minute ago, E21A said:

Dont forget we’ll also be flooding macks thread with massively overpriced secondhand “rare” 6mm version SSG’s 🙄

I may go buy a brand new one now so I can sell it for more in a years time.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Steveocee said:

I may go buy a brand new one now so I can sell it for more in a years time.

Already done that. Purchased mine in The Feb they came out. Sold it a year later for £100 more than I paid for it. And I didn’t even have to negotiate. I could have sold it 20times over for the price I got for it.

Let's face it , all the Novritsch fan boys will buy the upgrades and his 'special' BB's and probably his branded tissues to mop themselves up with after . For the rest of us , all I can say is Betamax ! 

22 hours ago, kasaran said:

heard it in the odd briefing back in the day . I think it was mainly laziness of figuring out whether it was under limit because they couldn't just stick a 0.2g in to measure and they never bothered with joules. Most people used 0.2g or 0.25g unless they were on bolt action . Dmr didn't really exist bar the tm psg1 and other obscure stuff. I always used mine anyway but they weren't powerful. Never heard it in a modern briefing but I think they became too old hat for modern AS to remember/consider. 

• Supporters

Can just imagine nov's r&d conversation:

"What do you mean they wont let us use depleted uranium!?"

"So how do we make heavier bb's people can claim are .48's?"

"Make them bigger? Hey that could work, we can sell speedloaders and magazines too!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

gotta love how he's trying to spin a safety document into a sales advertisement.

this is the same guy who we all remember running around full tilt hitting people with 40-mikes from about 4m away.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is the same guy who we all remember running around full tilt hitting people with 40-mikes from about 4m away.

He didn't do that.  However, he featured other people doing that on his channel.

He, personally, loaded and fired a 40 Mike in a safe zone, next to people not wearing eye pro.

He's dead to me now, and his magical 6.5mm BBs can fuck off, then keep fucking off, then fuck off some more.

Reported as harmful/dangerous, as I do whenever his adverts disguised as content come up on the YouChoobs.

Archived