Novritsch unwilling to be responsable for faulty merchandise

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 12/10/2018 at 13:21, sniperslucky said:

I ordered a left hand conversion kit and had no problems with getting a return code to send back the gear as it was not compatable with my current sniper. So perhaps he's is listening??

Whoa, I didn't know it made a difference if you were a rightie or leftie? I've never shot a gun before so I always thought the mechanics were the same regardless of hand dominance? I'm lefty too so its a good thing I found this out. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Eddie The Headshot said:

Whoa, I didn't know it made a difference if you were a rightie or leftie? I've never shot a gun before so I always thought the mechanics were the same regardless of hand dominance? I'm lefty too so its a good thing I found this out. 

You can cock the rifle right handed but there are left hand conversions for standard guns look online, you're find them. I went for a manufactured set ( that didn't fit ) to replace myself but you can strip the gun down and reassemble left handed if you cut and change the cylinder set.

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Valkyrie Productions said:

Yes I have the same issues - I just got it yesterday and it is utter crap 😞

Made a video about it even which I am gonna send to Novritsch and see what he says about it.

He'll likely say you need a pop filter for your mic 😂

• Supporters

Army Armament G17 Master Race represent. :D

These are all cheap toys with random QC.  It's really just a question of how big a badge/brand premium you want to pay.

To be fair to the Nov pistol, I'd like to see a test of the tenth mag, after you've lubed it and dialled the hop in.

16 hours ago, Steveocee said:

He'll likely say you need a pop filter for your mic 😂

Lol yeah first video ever made so bit of a learning curve! 🙂

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Army Armament G17 Master Race represent. :D

These are all cheap toys with random QC.  It's really just a question of how big a badge/brand premium you want to pay.

To be fair to the Nov pistol, I'd like to see a test of the tenth mag, after you've lubed it and dialled the hop in.

Surely the point of a pistol advertised and promoted by the vendor as "pre-upgraded" and "reliable" , "out of the box"  should not need to be seriously worked on to just hit a target 20m away or at the very least consistently chuck BBs out of the barrel?

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Productions said:

Lol yeah first video ever made so bit of a learning curve! 🙂

Surely the point of a pistol advertised and promoted by the vendor as "pre-upgraded" and "reliable" , "out of the box"  should not need to be seriously worked on to just hit a target 20m away or at the very least consistently chuck BBs out of the barrel?

I get what your saying (and I may be totally naive here) I agree with @Rogerborg yeah this things are supposed to be great out of the box, but still would need some use or 'bedding in' surely?

Put a few hundred rounds through it and see if its any better. Things can rattle, move in transit and sometimes things do need a bit of wear in them to start working effectively. All the seals, washers and orings would all be new and stiff for example so "maybe" a little use or time might be all they need?

I am bored at work and typing with no real experience of these things so feel free to shoot me down if this is all bollox! :D

• Supporters

It's actually a decent video, clear and straight to the point.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Productions said:

That is a fair point, and I'm not going to disagree with it.

However, a followup if the toy does bed in would also be appreciated.

My AA G17, for example, was shooting at just 220 fps, occasionally mis-cycling, and hugely over-hopped (at minimum adjustment) when I first used it.

After a few hundred BBs, it was closer to 300, cycling and feeding reliably, and the hop was fine for 0.25g.

Both of those statements are true, but the second one is more significant for a potential purchaser.

Or buy a Tm that shoots consistently and accurately out of the box? I said those novrich guns were shit the second I saw his video, but nobody listens because of the name. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Or buy a Tm that shoots consistently and accurately out of the box?

agreed, if that's what you want from a pistol it's hard to defy the mighty hicapa

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Or buy a Tm that shoots consistently and accurately out of the box? I said those novrich guns were shit the second I saw his video, but nobody listens because of the name. 

or buy a kjw without the nov badge if you're a muh metal type

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Just an update - had yet another of his sniper rifles turn up on site at the weekend....590ish FPS 

🤨

Yeah but its under 400 on .48's so if anything it's underpowered. ;)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Just an update - had yet another of his sniper rifles turn up on site at the weekend....590ish FPS

So, a 3.2J firearm rather than a sub 2.5J airsoft gun. :(

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

3.2j firearm... really?  I'd expect it to fall under the definition of an air weapon, and not a specially dangerous one either.  

10 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

3.2j firearm... really?  I'd expect it to fall under the definition of an air weapon, and not a specially dangerous one either.  

Air rifles are firearms by UK legal definition . Rogerborg was being slightly dramatic but correct 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

Air rifles are firearms by UK legal definition . Rogerborg was being slightly dramatic but correct 

What's he saying about you Rog 😜

IMG_4408.PNG

22 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's actually a decent video, clear and straight to the point.

That is a fair point, and I'm not going to disagree with it.

However, a followup if the toy does bed in would also be appreciated.

My AA G17, for example, was shooting at just 220 fps, occasionally mis-cycling, and hugely over-hopped (at minimum adjustment) when I first used it.

After a few hundred BBs, it was closer to 300, cycling and feeding reliably, and the hop was fine for 0.25g.

Both of those statements are true, but the second one is more significant for a potential purchaser.

I am not sure I want to keep it long enough to bed it in as I am inclined to just request a refund and buy a TM instead...

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the AA G17 does rule for the price it cost and is a complete bargain really imho for £59.

22 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I get what your saying (and I may be totally naive here) I agree with @Rogerborg yeah this things are supposed to be great out of the box, but still would need some use or 'bedding in' surely?

Put a few hundred rounds through it and see if its any better. Things can rattle, move in transit and sometimes things do need a bit of wear in them to start working effectively. All the seals, washers and orings would all be new and stiff for example so "maybe" a little use or time might be all they need?

I am bored at work and typing with no real experience of these things so feel free to shoot me down if this is all bollox! :D

I agree that it has the potential to improve but having looked around it seems the misfeed is probably a design/manufacture flaw which they seem to have known about since batch 1 as there is now a video on Novritsch's site showing how to take the mag apart and literally they expect purchasers to file off metal from the mag feed shoulders!

I already spend hours testing out home made R hop variations, for example, with my  M4 collection and, although it could be interesting to see what it might be capable of, I didn't buy it to f@rt around with as I just wanted a reliable pistol to skirmish with that doesn't weigh three tonnes like the Deagle does that I could use out of the box and count on to hit people at least half the time if needed 😉

21 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Hear, hear @Wo1f

I actually had the TM G18C which was good fun and accurate but I actually (foolishly) sold that to  buy this damn Novritsch thinking that those video reviews done by Novritsch's buddies weren't lies by biased individuals 😞

• Supporters
12 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

It's both, depending which Act and section you read.  Remember, the State chooses the grounds for prosecution.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/57A - "An “airsoft gun” [<=1.3J auto, <=2.5J otherwise] is not to be regarded as a firearm for the purposes of this Act." - the corollary being that anything over that limit is to be regarded as a firearm.

No?  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/57 -  In this Act, the expression “firearm” means a lethal barrelled weapon [which]  means a barrelled weapon of any description from which a shot, bullet or other missile, with kinetic energy of more than one joule at the muzzle of the weapon, can be discharged

So, yes, firearm.  Also, air weapons.  For us Scotch, that's an issue in itself, as we'd have to be licensed for anything that's an air gun but not an airsoft gun.

Further, it's an offence to sell any (non-airsoft) air gun other than face to face.  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/32

As an aside to this discussion, it's an offence to purchase or possess any (non airsoft) air gun that uses a self contained gas cartridge system - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27

The goods news is that pretty much none of this is policed, but strictly speaking, there's a whole heap of legal problems created by sending >2.5J airsoft guns around.

Also, I am a pretty, pretty drama princess, not a queen. :P

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The goods news is that pretty much none of this is policed, but strictly speaking, there's a whole heap of legal problems created by sending >2.5J airsoft guns around.

I'm going to add to that slightly by saying that People and Companies outside the UK are not subject to our laws . However the person importing it would be the one getting a knock for it as the import is a crime in itself 

@Valkyrie Productions that’s what I currently run. The Tm G18c. I’ve got a mixture of TM, WE and AA mags and they all work flawlessly. Shot very accurately within the 30m range. I’ve since dropped in a maple leaf decepticon 50 and an I key and it shoots silly range now. Comfortable 50m body shots 

I think we've found the problem chaps, you're using regular BBs, not the new SUPER ACCURATE BIGGER BETTER AND HARDER Novvy own brand BBs... Which bizarrely seem to be... 6.5mm BBs... 

IMG_20190627_173435_933.thumb.jpg.17d9d8b181160d8ed332898cbcf6e0c8.jpg

• Supporters

"not compatible yet"

Translation- he's trying to corner his customers into buying only his branded kit for maximum intercompatibility.

Its like apple refusing to adopt microusb, he's a freakin genius.....

Archived