New AEG not firing

Michael L
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a brand new JG G608 (https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/jing-gong-g608-g36c-railed-handle-w-folding-stock?pv=5357) and when i charged up the battery it fired for a little while but then the rate of fire began to slow down. I charged it up again and all it does is make a little clicking sound. Did i just get sent a bad battery or is the gun faulty?

• Supporters

Sounds like the gearbox locked up. It will need a tech to look at it if your not confident opening up the gearbox yourself.

Edit: Damn, beaten by a second.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Try firing it on full auto if that doesn't work your anti reversal latch has locked up by the sounds of it.

Yeah tried firing on full auto and still just clicks. Sometimes i can get it to fire a shot or two off but then it just slows down again to a click. Not sure if i should send it back or buy a new battery

• Supporters

It might be a crap china pi$$ poor defective 8.4v £2 stock nimah battery

At times the stock battery is crap - well no the stock battery is really crap

but sometimes you get a really really really crap almost dead/defective battery

It is only really just to get you going as a pi$$ poor £2 battery that often won't last half a day

even a full round/game - not uncommon to find the supplied battery is f**ked

I'd see if you can test it with another 8.4v or 9.6v or 7.4v lipo first

high chance the cheapo china freebie battery is f**cked

one of the first things you need to consider is chucking it and getting better battery/charger

so see if you can try a better decent battery first perhaps

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that.  I''d caution against continuing to attempt to fire it, as it is begging for it to lock up if the spring gets nearly fully compressed, but there's not enough power to complete the cycle.

It does sound like the stock battery is toast, but I'd suggest that's a blessing in disguise and you should go lipo anyway.  The response and ROF is much better than with nimh, although the wiring in these guns doesn't do them many favours either: two mini-Tamiya connectors and a fuse are all going to introduce unwanted resistance.

I'd suggest going to https://hobbyking.com and getting yourself two 7.4v (2 cell) lipo batteries.  Two so that you can swap them at lunchtime to stop either one getting too discharged, although if one dies you should get a day (or thereabouts) out of the other.  If you're not wanting to touch the wiring then getting them with mini-Tamiya is fine for now - you can always swap the gun and batteries over to Deans later when the mood takes you.  I won't recommend a specific battery, because there's not a huge amount of room in your battery compartment and I don't want to steer you wrong.  Just ensure that whatever you get is no bigger than the stock nimh in any dimension.

You'll also need a lipo charger.  https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batteries-chargers/chargers/ac-dc.html?dir=asc&order=price

Cheap, cross your fingers: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-e3-compact-2s-3s-lipo-charger-100-240v-uk-plug.html

Mid range: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ecube-e4-with-uk-plug.html

Flash: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6ac-v2-professional-balance-charger-discharger-uk-plug.html

• Supporters

Call them, explain what its doing & that you've been advised by other players that its a crap battery, ask for them to send you a better quality one as an alternative to you sending the whole package back AT THEIR COST as its faulty, I'm sure they'd rather swallow on one half decent battery than lots of messing around & a potential complete refund.😉

Forget about everything except this:

You bought a product online, it is defective. Contact the seller to arrange a return and replacement. You should not pay for return postage in this situation.

I bought my first AEG from Crawley Surplus, had a problem with it not firing properly and I called them and spoke to them about the problem. They sent me a new battery and new battery charger in the post, which fixed the problem, and nuff said. It was the right customer service one would expect from anyone, so I would expect no less from PatrolBase.

All other technical advice is second to this - a basic consumer right. Doesn't matter if it's an airsoft gun or a matchstick.

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

What was the outcome?  I do love a mystery

Image result for its deadjim meme

Actually was gonna post post Bob the Builder - can we fix it - no it's f......

Aaaand then I remembered to try to keep it subtle.....

Ahh screw subtle if there is gun meme already to go

Image result for bob the builder no it's fucked meme

OK nothing like a G36 but hey it's gun related ffs

9 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

Image result for its deadjim meme

Actually was gonna post post Bob the Builder - can we fix it - no it's f......

Aaaand then I remembered to try to keep it subtle.....

Ahh screw subtle if there is gun meme already to go

Image result for bob the builder no it's fucked meme

OK nothing like a G36 but hey it's gun related ffs

There you go..

Cheers

G

image.thumb.png.fa72f977972467629ba223fb69e38f4f.png

• Supporters

I've just noticed this on most PatrolBase electrogun listings:

image.thumb.png.64334d7494070c9e3895474b5ded0517.png

Yeaaaah, but no.  No.  I'm pretty sure that you can't disclaim away buyer's statutory rights.  It'll be interesting to see if they try.

That said, I would consider stock nimhs and trickle chargers to be disposable junk, but having the seller try to assert it would really put my back up.

• Supporters

Batteries are the one item that is always disputed with s/hand re-con stuff

YES this is new item but it is produced by a third/forth party

Patrol-Base or JG don't make the thing, it is made as I said as a cheap $hit £2 battery

and many places can/will not guarantee these piles of poop

They are in effect a freebie to get you started - the charger is crap

a smart charger turns off when the correct voltage is reached - these plugs do not

so there is risk of over-charging the battery and that might be an argument to refuse to offer a gurarantee

they could claim you may have over charged it, if challenged about consumer rights & crap

but in reality - nah it was $hit to begin with and not worth a w @ nk tbh

Hence my suggestion of seeing if you could borrow another battery first before sending the gun back

Reality is that buying batteries from Airsoft shops- they put on a tidy mark up

there are other places to buy 7.4v LiPo's from like HobbyKing etc....

A G36c uses a block type battery - quite small in size 

about 34mm wide x 18mm thick x 106mm long

this "could" be stretched to say 36 x 20 x 115 BUT DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS !!!!

You can obtain a very cheap 7.4v block Lipo....

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1800mah-2s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack.html

Dimensions: 103x13x35mm 

so "should" fit but offer no guarantee, but can't see why not tbh

cheapy B3 charger charging through balance lead -so no hassle charging it

though a B6 is much faster charging, but need to ensure adapters from banana/deans to small taimya

Or if you are sad and get into it you can other batteries at nearly a fiver when on sale, use deans, B6 charger etc....

BUT we are getting carried away here - first you should try to test it on another battery

before shipping it back coz it seems f**ked

could be f**ked but quite likely the battery supplied is shagged and won't be guaranteed

if you was local I'd send a few piles of crap batteries chucked in some china guns

they are never great and not worth a w @ nk as I said

Most of us have ditched nimah and gone LiPo

and think 99.9% of us won't bother with those freebie batteries - they get tossed to one side/bin

BUT YOU SHOULD SEE IF YOU CAN TEST GUN FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING

Usually the battery supplied is crap and won't really be guaranteed no matter what you argue

so try another battery from a m8/club if you can first if possible is the best advice

2 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

A G36c uses a block type battery - quite small in size 

about 34mm wide x 18mm thick x 106mm long

this "could" be stretched to say 36 x 20 x 115 BUT DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS !!!!

You can obtain a very cheap 7.4v block Lipo....

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1800mah-2s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack.html

Dimensions: 103x13x35mm 

@Michael L,   I had a look at the battery that came with mine, the old block type is fairly snug and the rounded edges allow it to sit lower in the handguard, so a block shape Lipo may be a bit too tigjt, but let me know if you try one and it fits.

I've used a slimmer Lipo, only slightly longer than the one in the link with no issue.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

Patrol-Base or JG don't make the thing

Ford don't make the tyres that they put on their cars.  Neither does the dealer.

Does that mean they can disclaim responsibility for the goods that they have chosen to provide and sell by describing them as "free gifts" if they explode as soon as you drive away?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ford don't make the tyres that they put on their cars.  Neither does the dealer.

Does that mean they can disclaim responsibility for the goods that they have chosen to provide and sell by describing them as "free gifts" if they explode as soon as you drive away?

Well if a tyre explodes (bit drastic using explode), you would likely have driven over a big friggin' nail

and if there is massive nail nail sticking out of the tyre I doubt if that would be covered under warranty

Also certain extended warranties will not cover certain parts like brake pads, tyres, clutches that will always be prone to wear n tear

If you have ever bought an ultra cheapo chinese battery for your mobile etc....

You will quickly realise the capacity say on G36c saying 1100 mah is more like 50% to 75% in real terms

Very often those cheapo batteries are severely mislabelled - aka they tell f**king lies

Go & buy some cheap 3034 mosfets from fleabay and see how long they last

Forgetting the daft analogies a second & back to topic......

Patrol Base don't actually disclaim or refute the battery/warranty as such

They state the battery & charger WILL FUNCTION PERFECTLY....

ergo they are to all intentional purposes GUARANTEED

So the OP could send it back for replacement

Personally I think Patrol Base have f**ked up

I would have stated clearly the battery/charger are not covered/guaranteed

Even decent Vapex Nimah's lose efficiency and hold charge less & less as they get old

Soon as one 1.2v cell starts to go it quickly becomes f**ked

So I would have sought to borrow another battery first and tested the gun

TBH at some point like Patrol Base say you should get a better battery/charger

and quite likely you would make the jump to LiPo anyway imho

The dimensions I gave was a JG battery with a 34mm width

however there is a plastic end cap at top where wires are situated which is wider - easily 36mm

So that LiPo "should" fit quite well -but I'm not offering a 200% guarantee

It is the owners responsibility to double check a battery dimensions and factor in a couple of mm's

to allow for margin of error or a tiny bit of swelling as well as including extra wires - say LiPo balance lead

I'm pretty sure you could a 2500 mah 7.4v in there - maybe squeeze in a 3000mah if you really triple check the sizes

Even a 3cell 11.1v can fit but would be a smaller capacity of about 1300mah due to the extra cell

The OP is more than welcome to pack it up, ring a courier or shuffle off down the post office....

Wait a week or so, but me personally if the battery is at fault I would be tempted to say $hit happens and go LiPo

Even a decent 1600mah Vapex might only last him 3/4 of a day, so that cheapo battery would be lucky to last half day

So at some point he would need to buy another battery - and I'd be f**ked if I'd pay £15 for a nimah battery....

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/8-4v-1600mah-2-3a-nimh-mini-battery-pack-3x2-1.html

I'd try another battery and/or ring Patrol Base before sending complete gun back but up to OP in the end

Archived