Jedi_Master

Ban Hammer - member permanently banned

well, i did know he'd had a few spats with other folk on here, although never had any issues myself. that said i've seen folk get kicked out for much much less on other forums.

guess it pays us all to remember that there's a still a line and the banhammer waits in the darkness beyond hungry for souls.

Duff's always been chill towards me but I have noticed there's been a few occasions where the conversation have got a bit too heated. If he's been warned multiple times to take it down a notch then that's on him.

Surprised it's the first perma ban though. This forum has been active for years! 

There are many things I could write here but the decision has been already been made. 

For the the record I know duff pretty well IRL having skirmished with him many times. He’s not the person some people here would have you believe, or that some of his comments here may lead you to believe. He’s a decent bloke that simply doesn’t bite his tounge and makes no apologies for it. I believe there are some here who have gone out of there way to wind him up knowing he’ll bite and hoping this will be the result. It appears they have succeeded.  

Didn't know the guy other than his posts here, but at times couldn't help but think that if he was that aggressively opinionated in the "real world", he'd spend a lot of time picking up his teeth lol.

I won't miss his spamming of every thread either.

Maybe he'll have more fun on the fb airsoft pages😉

PS: had he had a temporary ban previously ?, as he seemed to be missing/quiet for a while.

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

PS: had he had a temporary ban previously ?, as he seemed to be missing/quiet for a while.

Whilst it is not normal forum policy to discuss Moderator warnings and action regarding individual members, this case is an exceptional one. Yes,  he was previously restricted from posting for 4 weeks in August and given a final warning.

35 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Didn't know the guy other than his posts here, but at times couldn't help but think that if he was that aggressively opinionated in the "real world", he'd spend a lot of time picking up his teeth lol.

I won't miss his spamming of every thread either.

Maybe he'll have more fun on the fb airsoft pages😉

He is that opinionated in the real world, he’s no keyboard warrior. 

40 minutes ago, E21A said:

He is that opinionated in the real world, he’s no keyboard warrior. 

Lol, clearly he's never read this:

th.jpg

12 hours ago, Gepard said:

Surprised it's the first perma ban though. This forum has been active for years! 

First perma ban that Jedi or I can remember as moderators, so at least 2 years. I don't remember seeing any as a member before. Don't even think that Nazi chap got one in the end - just was very quickly ostracised and never returned.

Never knew the guy apart from real life. Never had a problem with him personally.

He did come across as acerbic if he didn't agree with you. I was surprised at a few of his comments and wondered why he didn't rein it in a bit as they served no purpose, comedic or otherwise. 

(In the name of banter)

is it bad im reading this in the form of a eulogy?

Let his page be buried under the future postings of us pewers.

17 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What the fuck are you on about?🤔

Don't you Facebook?

Every time some thuggish chav meets a sticky end, his massive inevitably declare him to be legend, who's now flying high with the angels.  If they could only spell any of the above.

I are being remembermosting for our fallen soljer.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Don't you Facebook?

Every time some thuggish chav meets a sticky end, his massive inevitably declare him to be legend, who's now flying high with the angels.  If they could only spell any of the above.

I are being remembermosting for our fallen soljer.

Lol.

I do facebook but selectively. 

8 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Does a banning only go to e-mail level or IP address?

That would be telling for the mods to answer that!

Blocking on a forum can go to email and/or IP address, also the user ID.  But they are only specific criteria.  An ban implies the individual is not welcome, irrespective of using any new email address or change of IP

A person can get around blocking and create a new account, but act in a suspicious way then they can be spotted. (Though there are circumstances where a ‘ban’ is a workaround to a new account with a fresh start, that wouldn’t be the case if moderators felt the need to explain a permanent ban!)

9 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

I fully 101% support the mods decision & action taken

Well I support it 102%. 🧐

🤪🤣 couldn’t resist I’m sorry. Please see the emojis before you ban me 💩