G3 Scope advice.

Zinho
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all. 

I've got an LCT G3 that's running 400fps, single fire only job. I also wear a paintball mask (Dye i4).

I'm looking for a scope that offers good eye relief and sits relatively high on the rifle to allow for my cheek not being able to get super close to the butt. 

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

• Supporters

Would think your going to have real problems in a ‘sniper’ type role using a Dye i4 , there’ll be too big a gap between the scope and your eye to get a decent sight picture (one of the reasons I got rid of my i4) I’d recommend going for one of the cordura and mesh masks and glasses of some sort . 👍

I've got the same gun. I only use glasses or goggles. So I have no idea how well the mask would work with the scopes i have.

Normally I run the Hensoldt model 1, I got it for a good price but normally there a hell of a lot of expensive (£450+). It's the correct sight for the gun. Eye relief is correct for the gun dimensions so you have to be right up to the scope, and it is a raised sight using the stanag claw mount.

43665551362_be28a046c3_c.jpg

The other sight I use a fair bit is the Enfield 1.5-4x30 using a rail adapter. There are cheaper alternatives that have the same spec. Enfield as a brand is part of Armex who do most off the Umarex gear. Have a look a visionking as well as they offer the same spec.

https://www.solware.co.uk/enfield-15430-mil-dot-scope

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-1-5-4X30-Rifle-Scope-RGB-Tri-Illuminated-Mil-dot-Reticle-PEPR-Mount/272990142338?hash=item3f8f7aff82:g:Y2cAAOSwu29ak6~5

I know my Enfield is decent. Good eye relief, very clear. You can pull the eye quite a distance back and it works perfectly. It just lacks a front element coating so you can see the dot from the business end. I had the option to test mine in a gun shop, Mil dot is precise, 3 colours, and the lines are perfect colour overlays of the non illuminated parts. Other walthers branded umarex scopes have also been good for me, I have a ps22 and a ps55 both are very good value clear optics.

The china part one might be a second, or it might have cheaper glass inside, or it might use a cheaper mildot system, there is no way to know until you hold and use it. So If you get one it is a gamble!

41678449130_93fc8b279c_c.jpg

With a rail adapter you can use any scope you want. Just get higher risers rings like you would for any rifle. It's not something you should worry about. I'd get a rail adapter then take the LCT to a gun shop and test various scopes till you find one you like.

If you are adamant you want to use a stanag claw mount then look for one with the 22mm rail upper. Leapers/UTG make a clone of the H&K mount for about £80. It may need modification to fit the LCT. On the original there is a removable rubber pad on the back of the claw, It needs to be removed for the claw to work on the LCT. Some of the UTG/leapers mounts have that rubber pad cast into the mount. If this is the case you will have to file it off for it to fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTG-STANAG-Steel-Claw-Mount/dp/B002GNYCLM

Archived