Recommendations on AEG's.

Taiga
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got some extra overtime this month and should be getting a rather large bonus (some of which I will be putting towards a gun). I'm set on my pistol, that's done and out the way, while I appreciated the recommendations I've decided to stick with the G18C and use it with LIPO. (I'm not the most serious player in the world, just here for fun and for the look! I think the glocks just a nice compact pistol to use and look-at, not to bothered whether it competes to the best of it's ability).

Now, I'm initially set my budget of about £500, I can raise this closer to around the region £650 now. My pistol in total is going to cost £185 (that's for the pistol, an extra mag, 2 lipo's, a lipo charger, 2 lipo safety bags and finally a lipo battery adapter, so that I don't have to mod it.).

That leaves me with around £465, or somewhere around this region. If possible I'd like to limit the amount of budget I use and save some for the any future equipment.

My new question is, there are now two different primary's I'm in the market for, snipers and AEG's. Only going to be getting one.

Snipers, I'm interested in the VSR-10 as stated previously. Not sure if the BAR-10 is worth getting instead, I hear it's cheaper but only worth it if I plan to heavy upgrade. Would very much like an opinion on this matter.

AEG's, been told by a few members to just go with what I like the look of, as parts are usually easy to come by. In all honesty I'm more into guns like the AUG, but however, I want range so this may not be viable. The ascetic appeals to me and the weight. Not really much of an M4 fan since they seem to be the most common thing in existence ever. (I know that's a bold statement to make when I want a glock!) (Brands I'm looking for are TM or ASG)

Sorry to be a pain in the arse! Been doing research for the last few days and spent a few hours before this looking through multiple forum pages. I seem to always find very conflicting opinions in all areas so sometimes it can be hard to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Plan on ordering tonight ready for next game day, any feedback is welcome!

• Supporters

If you like bullpup rifles such as the AUG consider the ICS L85. Shoots very accurately and is pretty weighty in the rear. 

4 hours ago, Gepard said:

If you like bullpup rifles such as the AUG consider the ICS L85. Shoots very accurately and is pretty weighty in the rear. 

It's not so much that I like bullpup, I don't hate them but not a crazy fan or anything. I mainly just like the shape and feel of the AUG. Thanks for the recommendation though! (also like the look and feel of carbine rifles)

Aug used to be my go to aeg . I'd have one again if tm did an NGRS version. Good thing about the aug it's normal v3 gear box so easy for spares.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-steyr-aug-civilian-version-airsoft-gun-aeg 

Could I get any opinions on this then? are bullpup's decent for range and accuracy or just for QBC. (When it comes to AEG's my knowledge is very foggy, but I know the basics!)

You should try holding one.

I like a short stock, so I tend to avoid bullpups.

According to my ex-army mate I don't hold my rifles right, I need to lean more over the barrel.  But this is airsoft and there is no recoil and other real life factors don't necessarily apply.

Cheers

G

I like the barrel length of AUG and I know that in terms of real guns, barrel length affects accuracy. NOT sure if it applied to airsoft. Next question is what batteries would I need for such gun? 

Im looking for nano-tech lipos but unsure on the required lipo for this gun, don’t want to under/over power it.

7.4 lipo will do it. I ran my original aug civ 11 years with the spring , barrel and gear bearings replaced from new to run 350 fps. Tbh you can run a shorter barrel and get the same range. If I were to get one now I'd go with a shorter barrel. I had  a long and short barrel setup for my aug and rarely used the long one.

41 minutes ago, heroshark said:

7.4 lipo will do it. I ran my original aug civ 11 years with the spring , barrel and gear bearings replaced from new to run 350 fps. Tbh you can run a shorter barrel and get the same range. If I were to get one now I'd go with a shorter barrel. I had  a long and short barrel setup for my aug and rarely used the long one.

Honestly I really like the look of a longer barrel, I’m not the most competitive person in the world. So visual is also a big part of it to.

Yeah, the AUG looks decent and I'd be happy working on it myself, just don't know what brand to go with now. My go to would be TM but don't know if anyone has other opinions on brand? (Since an ASG AUG is about £100 less).

As I've also stated, I'm a woodland player so I'm not sure if this gun is even remotely suitable for my environment. 

Also got the debate between the (High Cycle) version and the Civilian AUG.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-steyr-aug-civilian-version-airsoft-gun-aeg 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-high-cycle-steyr-aug-airsoft-gun-aeg-black 

Depends what make the ASG one is ( ASG just holds licenses and re brands).  Also is it a cheap sportline or  pro line. Don’t know alot about them myself, perhaps ask on a AUG/Styr picture thread.

Archived