VSR-11 Sniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

:P ok so i am thinking of getting a VSR-11 sniper

i was just wondering what i would need to mount a scope on it,

i have air soft assualt rifles but have never dealt with a sniper and help would be appreciated

and also what scope would be a good scope thats not to over the top in price

When it comes to sniping it all about TIME and MONEY!

unlike a AEG where you can just pick it up and shot and have fun, pretty much usable right out of the box. Snipers on the other hand require you to spend a lot of TLC time with it and MONEY on upgrades, its not very often you can get a sniper right out of a box and use it as a sniper.

Your best bet is the spend money on the rifle to start with, so Tokyo marui VSR-10 is just a awesome gun its one of the best platforms for any sniper from start to expert. With a load of upgrades available it's one of the most used sniper rifles in airsoft.

• Supporters

seriously, no point in a sniper rifle, without having a good 200 pounds to buy it with. then your looking at a few more hundred pounds to make it worthwhile. As a beginner you should read the guide in my Sig

i am no beginner to air soft i have been around spring and air powered guns all my life but i have never had an airsoft sniper

also its not the TM VSR-10 its replica of it made by another company, VSR-11 or USR-11

essentially i would love a good aeg and a good sniper

but i would like to start using a sniper rifle because i have air rifle all my life

just wanted to know what scope and rails to put on the rifle

most of the aftermarket upgrades for the TM VSR-10 Fit the copy cat The VSR-11 or USR-11 or what ever it is

just wanted to know about hardware thats all but i do appreciate All Replies

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of these back in the day, in fact it may still be floating about the house somewhere.. have also owned a VSR-10 pro sniper and G-spec and can tell you there is not much in it. but yea as you say most everything for the Marui VSR will fit the USR internally aswell as externally, this makes it a very good, cheap alternative if you're just looking to dip your toe in the sniping pool.

I started with the Marui mount base, you can pick one up for about £10-12 depending on where you go. now this weapon doesn't come with sling loops (from what i can remember) and the little nipple thingies on the gun are made of plastic so they're not going to last too long. i filed mine off after they broke and didn't really miss the fact that they weren't there.

now the way i see it is you can go one of two ways

1. A smallish scope, a 4x fixed or something like 3-10x 30 or 40 will do the trick, nothing with huge magnification because it wont really make much difference (if you can see them you will most likely hit them) you can pick them up pretty cheap off ebay or from an airsoft retailer, some even come with mount rings.

2. A "Aimpoint" replica red dot. no messing, just slap it on with a nice low mount and away you go, no need to zero just point and shoot.

Option 1 requires a bit more work than option 2, you need to make sure the scope is mounted properly, you need to set the correct magnification then you have to steady the rifle in a vice of some kind to zero it to a range you feel comfortable and even then on a windy day you wont be hitting the crosshair.

Option 2 is quick and easy. and it also means you can be up close and personal black hawk down style :lol: but thats all up to you.

hope my ranting helps.

L1ferpr

Archived