Gun Grease/Spray

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think you will find that if you read the post properly my second paragraph says that if you fail to belive what I am saying then just buy a silicone based product from a auto factors for less than half the price of a can from a airsoft shop.

I only said about what I do for a living to show im not just a school boy who knows nothing about anything not to give it the big "I am"

To be honest I struggle to belive that a alleged "chef" engineer at BMW with a engineering degree dosnt know that rubber/plastic can't rust as you have suggested in your above post.

Where in my post did I say plastic and rubber can rust? oh thats right I didn't, seeing as I need to explain everything in long to you, I said rust. Used as a general term meaning the barrel (which btw is metal).... I would of thought it was obv that plastic and rubber don't rust. Really stop contradicting your self and grow up.

I am a Engineer at BMW and Chef is meant that I am an over all multi skilled engineer (Grade 4). I don't need to prove to you other wise.

Number one rule when cleaning your gun, never use WD40! Not only does it rote your plastic and rubber parts it also leave a horrible chemical (can't remember is name!) behind which can rust.

You are right you don't have to prove anything to me

There is also no need to get shirty about the subject people have different opinions on things it's a fact of life. This is a friendly forum where people can express those opinions.

That said the fact remains I'm a partner in a sucessful company who deal with the lubrication of moving parts on a daily basis.

May I ask you what it is you are studying at college?

oh my gawd, calm down guys, your both really intelligent, smart men but heck, no need to have a fight :P seriously, just PM each other or calm down :)

If you can show me where it is that I contradicted you I will happly aplogise I ment no offence the thing is what ever way it is dressed up it is true that you can buy a silicon based spray from a auto factors for less than half the price you would pay from a airsoft shop which was originally stated I'm my earlier post. With regards to the petroleum based products we will have to agree to dis-agree this is due to the fact I personally would replace my rubbers twice a year thus a long long time before any petroleum products could do any harm to them. Why would you be going to uni if you hold a "full degree" in said field already? :)

Archived