DPM (I think) and ........?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got some nice ex army kit from @Lozart which is DPM (nor sure which, 95, possibly?).
And it works really well. However, all my other kit is tan coyote. Which undoes any benefit of the DPM.
For belts, pouches etc, what goes best with DPM, if DPM is not an option for them?
TIA.
😄

• Supporters

What 'goes best' is whatever the hell you fancy the look of.

Actual coyote brown is great in most woodland sites, especially for most of the year from the heat of summer when everything dies through to early spring before it all starts growing again, because through that period most woodland is brown - mud, plants with no leaves, dead leaves on the ground, tree trunks etc.  Obviously some places are just covered grass or plants that don't drop leaves and stay green but if your site isn't one of those then stick to brown/tan kit; if it is one of those get some Ranger Green or Multicam (can be very good in lightly coloured grassed areas), or some other green/woodland camo you fancy, simple.  Don't overthink being matching because 100% matching loadouts where every single thing is the same pattern tend to look kinda cheesy a lot of the time, each to their own though.

There's 3 options here, temperate DPM, MTP and desert DPM - MTP blends best because it's all grass and light green:

5fSmCFv.jpg

This guy would do better in coyote brown gear/clothing than the woodland camo he's wearing:

lxXcn7t.jpg

None of this is to say woodland patterns don't ever work in woods because obviously they do, but as I've said here many times before, look through pics of your local sites throughout the year and analyse accordingly.  Or just remember it's airsoft and wear bright pink if you fancy it, none of it matters.

As you say it's ex army dpm, then in army it would be od belts and black boots/gloves everything else is dpm 

I wear a DPM PLCE when I wear DPM, so it matches.  I'd say next best would be OD.

Ambush 20180603b.jpg

• Supporters
On 15/09/2018 at 08:42, sonofsammo said:

I got some nice ex army kit from @Lozart which is DPM (nor sure which, 95, possibly?).
And it works really well. However, all my other kit is tan coyote. Which undoes any benefit of the DPM.
For belts, pouches etc, what goes best with DPM, if DPM is not an option for them?
TIA.
😄

Pretty sure we had this convo before but here's a picture of some MARSOC Raiders in US WOodland (which is pretty close to DPM) running CT gear 

main-qimg-16e32d795e80aba0d4099434d5cfeb

If you don't like it that's absolutely fine, you do you but as @CKinnerley said above don't get too hung up on having everything matching. Unless you're trying to build an actual impression kit it really doesn't matter.

• Supporters

OD, works with almost everything 😁

7 hours ago, Lozart said:

Pretty sure we had this convo before but here's a picture of some MARSOC Raiders in US WOodland (which is pretty close to DPM) running CT gear 

main-qimg-16e32d795e80aba0d4099434d5cfeb

If you don't like it that's absolutely fine, you do you but as @CKinnerley said above don't get too hung up on having everything matching. Unless you're trying to build an actual impression kit it really doesn't matter.

Quite a few turned up at Gunman today wearing US Wooodland, with different colour vests, black, tan ect.  All looked fine tbh,

I have DPM pants with a black long sleeve tee and coyote tan plate carrier. Its what I have at the moment but i am wanting OD green or multi cam sooner or later. Will be using my current PC with it too. 

But it is all about what you think looks good. I am happy with this at the moment but im sure people think i look awful. 

20180904_223751.jpg

2 hours ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

I have DPM pants with a black long sleeve tee and coyote tan plate carrier. Its what I have at the moment but i am wanting OD green or multi cam sooner or later. Will be using my current PC with it too. 

But it is all about what you think looks good. I am happy with this at the moment but im sure people think i look awful. 

20180904_223751.jpg

Glad that picture shows you in DPM trousers over your DPM pants

Archived