Got the cash. Advice on first TM pistol please.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am smitten by the Beretta M 9 A1. It has a very nice finish and a good deal of weight which should help with the use of green gas. Not the best TM but it is well liked nonetheless.

The Sig p226 e2 is the next option. A bit light and plasticky looking but with good reviews - a better bet than the original with full grips.

The 5.1 black Hicapa is also a contender. Don' t normally like hicapas, but this one is not blingy and the slide looks like a normal 1911. Old design but It is a classic TM with a big following. I already have two WE hicapa mags.

1911 Goverment mk IV. Heavy and short on gas, but ok if you buy three extra mags.And spectacular looks.

Beretta PX4. Smallish but heavy and with great accuracy by all accounts.

I have to say I am drifting towards the 92 A1 but could be dissuaded.  

Please advise, as I will be ordering on Sunday.

Very excited at the thought of getting my first plastic gun.

Willrun it on 144 a in summer and A bbey Predator in winter. May not be able to skirmish again and so it will get a lot of use at home, and even inside inthe colder months.

G in

• Supporters

1911 hi capa is good. I'm also a fan of TM glocks. 

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Have you considered buying an air pistol?

Not a gas pistol.

I don' t like steel bbs. And most of them are KWC.

LP

I like the HW 45, which is the best built and most accutate sptinger ever made.

Other tha that you're looking at German compressed air pistols.

Wonderful but out of my price range. I once owned a Steyr lp 10, but it is a one hand pistol with an anatomical grip. Phenominally accurate, but not in my hands. 😁

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If you aren't skirmishing again, things like mag capacity, shots-per-fill and range etc probably don't count for much.

If it's for show/plinking/just holding because guns are cool, pick the one you like best :)

Any TM pistol will be lovely.

Always liked the M92 Tac Master myself

ew8zQ2K.jpg

Yea, I suppose you're right.

It will be a long time before I can contemplate skirmishing again but it isn't out of the question yet.

I like Berettas and the Hicapa is growing on me. I also like the look of the Sigs. So it really is down to performance.  Performance wise the hicapa seems to be the best bet, even though it is an old design.

I love Glocks but  there have been serious issues with the TM one. For close range stuff I am quite happy with the WE.  It is generally regarded as WE's best effort  so far, and it's thirty quid cheaper than the Marui.

In terms of range/accuracy performance, they’re all going to be virtually identical. From what I can remember, the FN5-7 was the first 15mm piston and everything made after that went with that design. 

The single stack 1911 mags suffer for gas capacity unlike the rest.

the good thing about the hi capa’s and to a slightly lesser extent the glocks, if you don’t like one specific thing like the sights or the triggers etc you have a lot of options to change without needing to go crazy. 

Me personally... I’d pick the Tm usp compact or HK45. 

I'd just get what ever you most like the look of. If you were skirmishing it I'd say get the most reliable, efficient, cold running but as it's not to be put through the mill any TM will last. On the KWC springer front I'm also a big fan take a look at this https://www.kotte-zeller.de/elite-force-2011-c-heavy-metal-energy-springer-6mm-bb-schwarz .Unfortunately you don't get traded KWC's any more there all blank or rebranded umarex or cyber gun models but still great. Can link you some other models if you like but this is a fav of mine. And just to throw another option in kjw kp05 hi capa. Has the 1911 look slap a nice looking slide, barrel if you like and your laughing. Not the best in the cold but ok. Don't bother with the co2 mags though leak after 2min and a pain to up keep.

Thanks for all the advice.

I get the impression that choice of model is purely personal and that I would be happy with the performance of any of them.

All the Maruis are good.

However I could use some advice on holsters. I can't run to a Serpa so my choice will between IMI, Cytac and Nuprol which appear to be identical and similarly priced. I have a couple of Nuprols, and although some don't like the design, I am ok with it. I'd like to try an IMI or Cytac to see if there really is any difference.

Forgetting the Marui Glock which we know is not a 1:1 copy, do the IMI holsters generally fit TM pistols? Or, to put it another way, are all the other Maruis 1:1 sized guns?

They are as near as makes a difference 1:1. The Marui glock is about 1mm wider than the WE version, but without putting the slides together to compare. For the most part that shouldn’t interfere with holster choice, but if it does you can just heat the plastic/kydex up with hot water and widen it. 

I’ve never heard of any issues with other models. In fact, most airsoft holsters are usually modelled off the TM specs. 

one thing I would add the newer 15mm bbu design is more efficient/better in the cold and the only one in your list with that is the px4.

Thanks for making a good point.

I believe the M45 A1 USMC also has it. Pity it's only available in desert tan though. I like the colour but it isn't appropriate for the UK.

I also like tan holsters but OD ones look better in cold countries. I'm colour blind so perhaps somebody could tell me if an OD holster would look silly or ok  on a coyote brown molle belt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/09/2018 at 16:58, emilianoksa said:

Well I finally put my order in for a Sig P226 E2.

Should arrive tomorrow.

Mines put up with a hell of a beating been dropped in all sort of muck and on concrete and fires perfectly. its range can match a fair few aegs in skirmishes too.  

Archived