The "What I wasted money on" thread...

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As Title....

We have a thread for what you bought, and for shiny new guns, new loadouts.

But what about things you have bought that were a load of crap or just a waste of money.

For example I just received an MP7 mag pouch and Sling. The pouch is too short and the mags stick out so far they ill not hold.

Plus I have bought soo many cheap crap torches I could/should have bought a Surefire!!

Anyone else annoyed with a purchase?

• Supporters

A full set of DDPM, including the Osprey Mk3 and Mk6 cover. Haven't used it once. 

I mean who'd have guessed desert camo in a woodland environment wouldn't blend well?

Honestly I just bought it because I liked the pattern. Hell, maybe I should plan a trip to California and get some use out of it whilst I'm there. 

I bought loads of stuff before I had an idea of what I was doing, but mainly cheap stuff off eBay.

I have too many guns and too many loadouts, but can't think which I would get rid of.

These are the ones I definitely think were a waste.

- cheap eyepro

- cheap slings

- cheap torches

- cheap helmet covers x2

- various picatinny attachments.

- too many pouches for my Osprey vest

- Jury still out on the vest itself

- DPM Webtex Vest

-  DPM radio pouch

- Camo hoodies

I have another actually, 

When I first started out I naively bought a 'genuine ex issue' SAS nomex suit, vest and respirator. Now I dont give two shits if they are genuine or not to be fair. They LOOKED the part and this was the important thing. I dont think I was ripped off (although they were not that cheap) but I got them thinking I would do a late 80s SAS look loadout and boy was I being stupid.

The suit is a genuine Nomex one and BLOODY hot, waaaay too hot to wear in a skirmish, its like a tin foil outfit I get hot flushes thinking about it. the gas mask is totally pointless for a skirmish for the same reasons plus viability is totally crap, I looked at converting it with lenses and fans but realised I could buy a converted clone for cheaper than the lenses separately. The vest was also rubbish, I actually dont know what it is but has poppers all over it and from what I can see impossible to find pouches to go onto it!!

All in all a crap buy that has sat in my garage for over 2 years and needs to go on the Bay of E!!

I NEED a clear out from all the crap I have got but dont need/cant use..

Buying all the real deal Crye Precision gear, with what I can get hold off from the US.  Just don't think about the price tag - it's a long term project I tell the other half.  I just miss out the word "ongoing". lol.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

The vest was also rubbish, I actually dont know what it is but has poppers all over it and from what I can see impossible to find pouches to go onto it!!

Well joking aside you have there by the sounds of it one of two vests , you’ve either got a ‘genuine’ China made LA SWAT vest OR you may actually have a real early 80’s TAC vest ! The early ones were all poppers as they were pre molle and Velcro pouch attachment ! 😳

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Mostly stuff when I was new to Airsoft...

Wrong gas bought due to mis-informed. - anyone near Crewe want some Nuprol Black gas half price lol.

MP5 with old internals, dodgy batteries, a split where the mag goes in and had been sprayed black from blue.

A new battery for the Mp5 days before I sold it :/ which is no good for my other Rifs :(

Nuprol Charger

Leaky WE 1911

Mesh Eye-pro

A Laser, looks cool but not for me

Catcrap eypro cleaner - still steamed up - best stuff ive used is Carex Strawberry laces hand wash!

I'm sure there are more but cant think right now...

• Supporters

x3 flip to side magnifiers

almost everything I've ever bought that says "Viper" on it

speedloaders that don't say Tokyo Marui on them

acm shotgun absolute poo stick i hate the bloody ive wasted more money trying to stop it from leaking than ive wasted on anything else and ask my wife im good at wasting money cant evan sell the bloody thing as i wouldnt wish this POS on anyone 

• Supporters

I regret what I've spent on my JG G36.  I bought it in order to have something that should just work out of the box, as a reliable fallback gun, and which I could lend out to infect new players without putting any more time or money into it.

But it's over-shimmed (there's no play at all in the spur gear), the motor is weak, and it's locked up once already at full compression and popped the fuse.  It also had inconsistent grouping so like a muppet I threw more money a tightbore barrel, Maple Leaf rubber and nub, and have now successfully achieved consistent curving to the right.  Oh, and the fps is all over the place, ranging from under 300 to over 350 depending more on its mood on the day than on where I set the adjustable spring tension.

So my Should Just Work gun is now another project, and my lunchtimes on site consist of swapping barrels, rubbers and nubs around to try and get something like a straight trajectory out of it.

47 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I regret what I've spent on my JG G36.  I bought it in order to have something that should just work out of the box, as a reliable fallback gun, and which I could lend out to infect new players without putting any more time or money into it.

But it's over-shimmed (there's no play at all in the spur gear), the motor is weak, and it's locked up once already at full compression and popped the fuse.  It also had inconsistent grouping so like a muppet I threw more money a tightbore barrel, Maple Leaf rubber and nub, and have now successfully achieved consistent curving to the right.  Oh, and the fps is all over the place, ranging from under 300 to over 350 depending more on its mood on the day than on where I set the adjustable spring tension.

So my Should Just Work gun is now another project, and my lunchtimes on site consist of swapping barrels, rubbers and nubs around to try and get something like a straight trajectory out of it.

My G36C was working great after a tighbore and maple leaf bucking.  Then I decided to mess with the gearbox, not had a chance to go back to it.  Will get to it later in the year, and hopefully sort it

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

when you install the hop, turn it on a little and look down the barrel, then twist the barrel in the hop a little to get it so the hop nub is as symmetrical about the vertical as you can.

22 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Well joking aside you have there by the sounds of it one of two vests , you’ve either got a ‘genuine’ China made LA SWAT vest OR you may actually have a real early 80’s TAC vest ! The early ones were all poppers as they were pre molle and Velcro pouch attachment ! 😳

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Will dig it out and look into it a bit more then..

20 hours ago, Lozart said:

x3 flip to side magnifiers

almost everything I've ever bought that says "Viper" on it

speedloaders that don't say Tokyo Marui on them

Agreed with the first, not so much the second and certainly for the last!

• Moderators

As above!!

i guess though, ive got a few Ubacs when on cheap as helikon stopped making them, some still in loft yet to be worn

maybe the UCP camo stuff.....but tbh i tend to wear the trousers more generally than at airsoft

few PEQ boxes....prob never get used now as dont play enough in the right environment, various anti fog sprays i cant get to work, and other odds an sods 

Just a pro win hop, double feeds no feeds and jamming all rolled into one hop unit.

Did buy some stormkloth gear, mainly a jacket and trousers. And whilst it's alright, after a few washes it's faded to buggery and the quality is very questionable. But this was all before Airsoft so didn't bother me that much.

Black tactical vest I’ve never used. M88 helmet. P09 and holster I bought on impulse then never used.

And £440 on a VSR clone that never functioned right until I put another £70 in it a year later.

Archived