Night Game

Mancave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need some advice please? 

Planning to go to my first night game an wondered what additional kit I may need?

And looking for recommendations on a Pistol don’t havea  budget, early Christmas present from the wife.

Thanks 

• Supporters

If it gets pretty late another layer might be advised. It's starting to get colder after all.

As for pistols, anything by TM will serve you well. 

50 minutes ago, GREG_BURTON said:

tbh just a decent torch and possibly a helmet as you are more likely to whack your head on things, that is the only difference between night and day games i find. Where abouts are you going for the night game?

50 minutes ago, GREG_BURTON said:

tbh just a decent torch and possibly a helmet as you are more likely to whack your head on things, that is the only difference between night and day games i find. Where abouts are you going for the night game?

Combat Airsoft Thetford 

• Supporters

clear eye pro, extra layers, make sure to zero your sights/hop because you're gonna need to rely on them.

other than that a decent torch with a simple pressure switch,  you'll want to quickly flash it on and off (most importantly off)

helmet or at least a hat/hood is a good idea, and full face pro because you'll be closer than you think during engagements.

• Supporters

AND be prepared to be greatly disappointed, have to say every night game I’ve ever been too has turned into a total clusterfuck of an event , at night to succeed you need discipline and patience something that’s severely lacking in most airsofters! 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sad to say everyone I went too i found they were just like ‘milsim’ events , you have high hopes but they always let your expectations down .

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

AND be prepared to be greatly disappointed, have to say every night game I’ve ever been too has turned into a total clusterfuck of an event , at night to succeed you need discipline and patience something that’s severely lacking in most airsofters! 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sad to say everyone I went too i found they were just like ‘milsim’ events , you have high hopes but they always let your expectations down .

indeed, although if there's enough folks there it can get pretty atmospheric if you're working as a team.

last night game we'd figured out the ol' leave a torch in a tree branch tactic and it was being countered with smoke, i was lying down "relatively" in the open taking pot shots at folk in the light curtain when i saw a bunch of sparks from a grenade just appear, which was his mistake....

we also had an awesome forest game with proper squad movement clearing out defenders.

looking forward to the next game, night vision and ir glowsticks on your team mates is going to be interesting....

• Supporters

Hit the nail on the head bud , teamwork and that’s even MORE absent with most Airsofters ! 😂😂😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Hit the nail on the head bud , teamwork and that’s even MORE absent with most Airsofters ! 😂😂😂

the general consensus was along the lines of "the ginger nutcase with an m60 has gone along the top, so lets all rush the bottom"

• Supporters

I tend to disagree with you lot here. The night game we did was awesome! Only stopped going because the site closed and it was during midweek so work was a problem.

I found the game become a lot more tactical. In fact I managed to walk around the edge of the map, through the enemy spawn, sit at the forward base(was a flag that they had to bring objectives too) wait until the last 5 seconds and drop the flag so they lost everything they gained.

Its all about tactics and the way you play. You can’t play like I usually do. Running around like an idiot firing in a general direction, it’s slow quiet movement and then a shot if you think you can hear a target. 

I forgot to mention, there was no night vision gear, which made the event that much more fun!

Archived