TM Sopmod Sling plate/Sling alternative

Jimbodini42
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Recently purchased TM Sopmod and a sling is essential for me; I know a lot of people don’t bother but I prefer to not lay my AEG down even in safe zone and using pyro etc is easier with sling. 

I basically dont want to pay £30+ for a rear sling plate and a front sling swivel - what alternatives are there?? 

I’ve scoured online and found some cheaper plates but not sure if they fit. 

Wondered if there are any slings that wrap around the stock instead? 

I preferably would prefer a 3point sling as that’s what always used before and like securing weapon close to me. 

Know there are a few Sopmod users on here so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

• Supporters

Couple of things - first off, 3 point slings are the work of the devil but...if that's what you really want.

Secondly, you've bought a £500 gun but you don't want to spend £30 on the bit that will stop it crashing to the ground? Sorry, never understood that.

If you want the cheapest option then get yourself some paracord and make sling loops out of it. Personally I would be looking at using a decent 2 point sling like the Ferro Concepts Slingster and running PTS QD sling mounts. But that's me.

On 12/09/2018 at 12:06, Lozart said:

Couple of things - first off, 3 point slings are the work of the devil but...if that's what you really want.

Secondly, you've bought a £500 gun but you don't want to spend £30 on the bit that will stop it crashing to the ground? Sorry, never understood that.

If you want the cheapest option then get yourself some paracord and make sling loops out of it. Personally I would be looking at using a decent 2 point sling like the Ferro Concepts Slingster and running PTS QD sling mounts. But that's me.

Hi

Its a Yorkshire thing I’m afraid - as much as I love the RIF and it’s most certainly the one that I really wanted, not having them included is against my principles and then being a tight Yorkshireman I certainly think £30 is steep! 

Why do so you say 3 points are the devil? I have noticed there’s barely any about in the stores and mainly one or 2 point. A change from many years ago when I first started. 

Thanks for input 

Anybody know if these would fit?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/big-dragon-m4-15-16-ambidextrous-qd-gbb-sling-plate

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Nope won’t fit your AEG , the clues in the title? 😉

If you want a cheap sling, look for British Army (grade 1) slings on places like ebay. I got a 2 point issued sling for £4 the other day. Also I think most people would recommend a 2 point, since 1 point slings just hang and genuinely get in the way, 2 point allows for a bit more sturdiness and control without having the faff of constantly adjusting with a 3 point.

• Supporters

I thought so - wishful thinking! 

If your handy with a dremel you can mod one of these to fit the TM recoils no probs .👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Tactical-ASAP-Sling-Plate-Mount-Metal-GBB-PTW-DTW-CTW-AMBIDEXTROUS/291836220443?hash=item43f2cb541b:g:GvwAAOSwaB5Xoe0Y

• 4 weeks later...

Wondered if anyone know either of a bit (almost like a karabiner) that could securely allow a sling to attach to it or a sling style that can thread through either the small circular hole or the thin gaps? 

A16E09A0-12D8-41BF-B300-8BC1672E9317.jpeg

DCD35F29-3DB8-414B-BA52-52BFCA55D2C4.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Wondered if anyone know either of a bit (almost like a karabiner) that could securely allow a sling to attach to it or a sling style that can thread through either the small circular hole or the thin gaps? 

A16E09A0-12D8-41BF-B300-8BC1672E9317.jpeg

DCD35F29-3DB8-414B-BA52-52BFCA55D2C4.jpeg

Sling strap on eBay, I bought some for that same stock

Screenshot_20181008-224125.jpg

1 hour ago, skintrade said:

Sling strap on eBay, I bought some for that same stock

Screenshot_20181008-224125.jpg

Perfect!!! Thanks 🙏 

48 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Or a small loop of paracord? 

There’s just something about paracord that puts me off. Ever so slightly vain I guess! 😂

• Supporters

I’d also only recommend having it as @skintrade has it mounted if you mount the D ring on the side it will twist the stock tube on TM recoils out of true and eventually bollox the threads on it .👍

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’d also only recommend having it as @skintrade has it mounted if you mount the D ring on the side it will twist the stock tube on TM recoils out of true and eventually bollox the threads on it .👍

Thanks for the heads up! 

• Supporters

Thanks for the heads up! 

One of the biggest weaknesses is the stock ring and the fore grip ring working loose so I’d highly recommend getting an AR wrench to keep them tight , some will say you have to have a ‘real’ one or a really expensive Airsoft one , I bought a cheap ass one off fleabay , some fit and work fine some don’t , mine didn’t so 20 mins with a Dremel and a file and it works great now ! 👍

Archived