clarification

auto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Moved to Forum Feedback. Fits better there. I'm assuming this is about the classifieds on AF-UK. If you're talking about how you tell whether a gun is second hand vs. new, then let me know and I'll move this again.

It will say 'sold' if a seller has marked it as such, but 'uncompleted' simply means they haven't 'bumped' the post in a week. It might be available, they might not be interested in selling it or they might have forgotten to mark it as 'sold'. 'Uncompleted' basically just means the seller hasn't interacted with the advert at all in the last 7 days so we have no idea which of these conditions it is.

Have put a lot of thought into how to make this less misleading, but all the other options seem to make it even more ambiguous.

Hi

I think it still says "completed" when sold, unless that changed in the last day or so.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Have put a lot of thought into how to make this less misleading, but all the other options seem to make it even more ambiguous.

Couldn't it just be narrowed down to "Sold", "Unsold", "Active"? 

"Completed" is a bit of a wide term and could be misinterpreted to mean "Sold".

Ah this rabbit hole again.

Sold. Active. Expired.

Seems intuitive to me but couldn't it be interpreted incorrectly? I find the current termsof Uncomplete (not a word btw) and Completed (actually a word but sounds broke) are fine. Except that it's very bad English.

Archived