Aug Owners?

ReySkywalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, interested to see what people have done to their Augs, i currently have the xs commando the smg variant, so if anyone has this and has customised it id be open to ideas, what i'm after is better accuracy, the bbs dont group well when full autoing, is this a barrel swap or change of weight in bbs? another thing is the sling hook on this gun, has anyone changed this in anyway, open to ideas etc, cheers.

IMG_20180909_175824.jpg

It's an APS AUG (asg branded).

With that in mind the first thing I would do to it is change the piston head. APS have a really poor design with an injection point on the sealing edge, It means they have a habit of either eating o-rings or sealing badly.

I'd also swap the airseal nozzle to an o-ring variant of the same length. Measure the one you have and buy from a seller that gives you the same measurement as yours or longer. Some AUG nozzles are too short to seal correctly.

If you want to do this on the cheap go with the element silent head set for v3. It'll sort the AOE, and remove some of the piston slap. Don't be tempted by an all metal silent head set if you want it quiet. The metal ones have a pop sound that is just as bad as the slap of a flat one. The element POM one is lightweight and makes a much reduced sound. Also grease the mainspring to reduce the twang.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Element-Silent-Piston-Head-Cylinder/dp/B01N7RKBBH

Second thing would be to sort the hop and barrel. APS use a 6.08 and it's not a very high quality. Get the ZCI 320mm if you are on a budget, and either a prometheus purple, or maple leaf 50deg with omega nub. APS use a strange bucking with a single hop mound rather than the standard bar type. So it's best to just replace the whole bucking rather than mess with the original. @ak2m4 are the best for price on these parts if he has stock.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

Getting a CNC hop unit is pointless, I have one and the plastic units are just as capable. So provided yours doesn't have any issues it shouldn't need replacing. Just make sure you build it right. Aug hops are a pain to get right since you have to cut the bucking so the brass ring goes in front of the lock clip (gearbox side). If you try to build it with the brass ring behind the lock clip (barrel side) it will interfere with the 2 screws that allow the hop unit to move forwards and backwards. Do not shim the inner barrel, Stretch the hop spring slightly.

With the airseal corrected, and the new barrel and rubber I would expect the FPS to pick up slightly, and the accuracy to improve. It should also be capable of lifting 0.3's without any problems.

With all the rail space you can pick whatever rail mount sling system you want. There is plenty of choice. Both of mine use the original mounts, the A3 having a QC front mount and the A1 using a spinning ring. The Magpul style rail mount sling adapter might suit your gun.

a69835e48bb1f080147cacfac556cc2f.jpg

Archived