Has Tokyo Marui solved the 1911 problem?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That would be the problem of magazines with low gas capacity.

I have been reading about their M45 USMC model which has a new spec magazine.

Apparently it will power not only a full load of bbs on one fill, but the best part of a reload too.

This mag is more expensive than the originals and will fit all the TM range of 1911s.

Does anybody have this pistol, and if so, would you care to comment on its effectiveness?

• Supporters

Was wondering this exact same thing myself as I used to have an MEU but it was shocking on gas!

I have an MEU, and can confirm the gas is mediocre at best :P Its pretty much 1 fill of gas for 1 mag of BBs. Whilst picking up spare mags for it in Wolf Armouries the chap there reccomended I try the new M45 mag as its compatible with the older MEU/1911s but has improved gas capacity. 

It is somewhat better, whether its a massive improvement or not I cant really tell, but the mag was only £1 more expensive so I thought Id give it a try. I can only assume that it works better with the actual M45's ?improved? gas system too for maximum results?

The Hicapa looks like blingy gaudy tacky shit though :P with the exception of the plain "Ops" ones.  Much prefer the svelte 1911/MEU style guns. Im not too keen on the M45 in itself because I hate tan guns too. If it came in plain black Id be interested. For now Ill just suffer the crap gas efficiency of the MEU. 

I found a solution for this as 12 shots per fill is not for me amd i prefer a slim 1911 to a hi-capa.  I know Its not a TM but I have a secutor rudis 1911 that uses KJW mags.  It comes with 2 nozzles.  A big one for gas or winter co2 and a small one for warm weather co2 so it doesn't shoot hot.  Super accurate, shoots as far and straight as the marui mk23 someone on my site has. Snappy recoil and looks awesome.   I have a few pistols and have never used any other in a skirmish since getting it and I get multiple mags per co2 bulb.

The new M45a1 meu mags fit all the previous meu and warrior series pistols. This replaces the large plastic buffer at the butt end, with an extended gas reservoir. 

Now I can easily get through a mag with gas still to spare. This has been spring through summer. Haven't tried it in autumn or winter yet. 

Gas capacity still lacks compared to a hi cappa. But is much better then it was. 

The only real 1911 problem is that people insist on still having them.

Archived