VFC H&K 417D - Mosfet Fitted Standard?

Duff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

With Jedi's suggstion, made this as an off-shoot from the other mosfet thread, referring to my VFC H&K 417D.

Something I thought about looking into fitting for the 417, mostly just to protect the trigger contacts as I run on an 8.6 Tamiya Lipo and the trigger feels sluggish on semi. Then after a quick Google I now can't tell if they're supposed to come as standard in the VFC version.

Shot a message off to the previous owner but was wondering if anyone can shed any light if the 417D comes with a mosfet fitted as standard and what mosfet they have installed?

I know a simple answer would be to just have a look, but the RIF is being looked after by a mutual friend, so I can't just pop upstairs and look inside.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

Think you have the battery wrong mate. Lipos only do 7.4V and 11.1V (Airsoft wise), Nimhs are 8.4V and 9.6V. (Either that or a typo).

My mate has a VFC 417D in DMR format and there is no mosfet in that. So I presume all 417s are the same!

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Think you have the battery wrong mate. Lipos only do 7.4V and 11.1V (Airsoft wise), Nimhs are 8.4V and 9.6V. (Either that or a typo).

My mate has a VFC 417D in DMR format and there is no mosfet in that. So I presume all 417s are the same!

You're right my mistake they are indeed 7.4 my brain is tired from pew and driving. Thanks for the reply I think in my googling I happened to find one for sale that happened to feature a mosfet already installed.

On another note I saw an archived thread on reddit advising replacing the motor as standard one was pants. Did your buddy have issues relating to it at all?

29 minutes ago, Prisce said:

No he didn’t, but saying that. Locking it to semi to change it to a DMR , possibly puts less strain on the motor.

As I understand it it's the use of semi that can cause more issues but as it's a 7.4 standard without anything else and judging by a post by @Sitting Duck 're volts x watts or something or other.... 

So he didn't change his motor out?

The earlier 417s didnt have a MOSFET but later ones do.  Can't find out what it is, I suspect it's one VFC have had made up for them

2 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

volts x amps = watts

Image result for ghostbusters you never studied

Because I have little understanding of electronics you feel I'm uneducated. Thanks dude. Big coming from the guy who hasn't used punctuation in how many years?

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Duff said:

Because I have little understanding of electronics you feel I'm uneducated. Thanks dude. Big coming from the guy who hasn't used punctuation in how many years?

Oh ffs wind ya neck in a bit

One - I don't have a great deal of understanding of anything tbh

jack of all trades - master of none me - I've just f*cked up a lot = aka wisdom at a price maybe

Two - Did I actually say or state you was uneducated ???

Three - Does perfect punctuation really makes that much of a difference ???

My punctuation may not be 101% Oxford/Cambridge correct but reasonably legible I feel (bollox to every full stop)

Though I usually add comas, full stops between sentences within paragraphs, trying to ensure most stuff is following the basic rules of punctuation - mainly two/three things I may not do: full stop at the end of a single/last sentence (can't be arsed truth be told, space bar sometimes may not function on this laptop every time (sometimes I correct but not always) and where big waffles occur I lose track and can type two words following each each other (example just there) bollox to full stop

Other times I may even make a point of making short lines, then new line so it might read better on mobiles compared to widescreen laptops though this may actually make the text looking worse I'll agree, but also torn with breaking up walls of text word wrapped or just continually flowing never looks inviting TL:DR etc.... 

FFS - I get tired of people picking others up on grammar when by some people's standards just coz they installed grammarly or something does not guarantee they must have been educated to graduate level or be smarter than others coz they have better grammar/spelling/punctuation etc....

Four - you never studied was a JOKE from the film, it was a basic achievement in a game and the reason why I responded was coz f*ck knows how many times I have said volts x amps = watts over last few months in numerous essays. Where did I actually attack you personally about your own education level, just posted a you never studied pic from a friggin' kids game. (hang on full stop that should come out I feel) 

Five - so you have never took a little jest/jibe at moi, I think you have but I let it slide I feel, I act the prat coz I try not to take things too seriously and if I can laugh at myself a bit and point out my own imperfections before others do then so be it - life is too short & unfair to worry too much

Six - f*cking chill out and stop getting triggered too frequently

Eight - I've dropped Seven and don't give a crap - it was just a jest ffs, dunno why I got tagged into this thread

Buy the gun or don't buy it, it is just a load of trades you are paying for in the end

If it has a mosfet or not - the stock wiring is probably meehhh

the motor is probably a 19tpa ferrite one, if it is a bit old it will need a service

being that it is a bespoke v2.2 gearbox if this happens you are f*cked....

image.jpeg.eadf48ab352775fcd73807a52b7e4069.jpeg

but up to you in the end - you can respond how you like but if you take offense to my humour on some game pic

then I ask you not to tag me ever again - I'm done, you can say what you like now

couldn't give a fuck

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Oh ffs wind ya neck in a bit

One - I don't have a great deal of understanding of anything tbh

jack of all trades - master of none me - I've just f*cked up a lot = aka wisdom at a price maybe

Two - Did I actually say or state you was uneducated ???

Three - Does perfect punctuation really makes that much of a difference ???

My punctuation may not be 101% Oxford/Cambridge correct but reasonably legible I feel (bollox to every full stop)

Though I usually add comas, full stops between sentences within paragraphs, trying to ensure most stuff is following the basic rules of punctuation - mainly two/three things I may not do: full stop at the end of a single/last sentence (can't be arsed truth be told, space bar sometimes may not function on this laptop every time (sometimes I correct but not always) and where big waffles occur I lose track and can type two words following each each other (example just there) bollox to full stop

Other times I may even make a point of making short lines, then new line so it might read better on mobiles compared to widescreen laptops though this may actually make the text looking worse I'll agree, but also torn with breaking up walls of text word wrapped or just continually flowing never looks inviting TL:DR etc.... 

FFS - I get tired of people picking others up on grammar when by some people's standards just coz they installed grammarly or something does not guarantee they must have been educated to graduate level or be smarter than others coz they have better grammar/spelling/punctuation etc....

Four - you never studied was a JOKE from the film, it was a basic achievement in a game and the reason why I responded was coz f*ck knows how many times I have said volts x amps = watts over last few months in numerous essays. Where did I actually attack you personally about your own education level, just posted a you never studied pic from a friggin' kids game. (hang on full stop that should come out I feel) 

Five - so you have never took a little jest/jibe at moi, I think you have but I let it slide I feel, I act the prat coz I try not to take things too seriously and if I can laugh at myself a bit and point out my own imperfections before others do then so be it - life is too short & unfair to worry too much

Six - f*cking chill out and stop getting triggered too frequently

Eight - I've dropped Seven and don't give a crap - it was just a jest ffs, dunno why I got tagged into this thread

Buy the gun or don't buy it, it is just a load of trades you are paying for in the end

If it has a mosfet or not - the stock wiring is probably meehhh

the motor is probably a 19tpa ferrite one, if it is a bit old it will need a service

being that it is a bespoke v2.2 gearbox if this happens you are f*cked....

image.jpeg.eadf48ab352775fcd73807a52b7e4069.jpeg

but up to you in the end - you can respond how you like but if you take offense to my humour on some game pic

then I ask you not to tag me ever again - I'm done, you can say what you like now

couldn't give a fuck

Fucking hell Duck unlike you to go off!

Bad Monday?

• Supporters
Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Fucking hell Duck unlike you to go off!

Bad Monday?

yeah bit crappy today but nothing too major

just I never meant it other than a line from original Ghostbusters

Got stuff to do and sometimes I spend too much time on here & arguing FB politics

so normally I come on here to waffle & chill/unwind and try to help/bore others

catch me on a bad day/moment and I do bite though quite rarely tbh

I should have included an emjoi cos i was genuinely having a laugh Duck. My mistake. 

Also didn't tag you mate you just posted. Anyway...

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I shat on your saucer.

Edit: I've already bought the gun, also confirmed it's the standard mosfet version. 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Duff said:

I should have included an emjoi cos i was genuinely having a laugh Duck. My mistake. 

Also didn't tag you mate you just posted. Anyway...

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I shat on your saucer.

Bollocks standard behaviour from you. Go off half cocked then try and worm your way out of it, so fucking obvious.

And yes you tagged him.1810184955_Screenshot_20180910-165323_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.45a0709442c1a16baf02053f13605d8d.jpg

• Head Moderator

Topic locked. 

• Use "Smileys" effectively
"Smileys" can be used in your forum posts. If you are joking about something, use them to help indicate that your statement was made humorously. They can be used to indicate your mood and show that something was not meant to be taken seriously. If you don't use them, people will assume you are being serious. Arguments have broken out before because of a misunderstood joke.

Do not disrespect the Duck!

angry-duck-wallpaper-12.jpg

Archived