Custom Noveske M4

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: Custom

Any accessories included: 

• 5x Socom Gear L5 magazines
  • 1x 7.4v 1300 mAH nunchuck style battery

Hi.

So i'm just wanting this appraised for now as I may sell it later on to fund other crazy projects.

This is a high end custom AEG so I will list all the parts I bought and put together:

Externals:

• Madbull Noveske Gen 3 receiver set (distinctive flared magwell)
  • Madbull Noveske 7.25 Inch free float rail
  • Madbull Noveske 7 Inch stainless steel outer barrel
  • G&P stubby grip
  • G&P T1 style red dot
  • Dboys buffer tube
  • Dboys EMOD stock
  • 2x Imitation RSA sling mounts
  • 2x Imitation MBUS 2 sights
  • Special forces suppressor
  • Magpul PTS MOE grip
  • Ambidextrous M4 mag release
  • Dytac BCM Gunfighter charging handle

Internals:

• ASG Ultimate M4 gearbox (AOE'd, shimmed and air sealed to perfection, 344-347 fps on 0.20g, 22-25 RPS)
  • ASG Ultimate Basic Motor
  • Laylax pinion gear
  • Prowin M4 hop up chamber (o-ring seal on internal barrel)
  • Maple leaf 50 degree bucking
  • Maple leaf curved hop up nub
  • Madbull Steel Bull 363mm barrel

As for wear:

20180909_190116.thumb.jpg.a8b96ae2e27dba558bc44a38f2a6f6a0.jpg20180909_190104.thumb.jpg.cfc17fc13c60440e140ceed8bff0d914.jpg41277985_956708811203125_3174365849792282624_o.thumb.jpg.d73a59e014e273aafab9cc4167345e51.jpg

It has been skirmished around 4 times so there is the usual wear around edges, most noticeably on the suppressor.

There are some paint scratches on the magwell and on edges of the upper receiver. There are some black marks on the outer barrel which contrast from the white but there not too visible due to the rail. Furthermore, there are very few marks on the free float rail itself. Overall, few markings that aren't too noticeable as seen above in the pictures. So very much still fresh.

It would come with 5x Socom Gear L5 magazines which are mid caps that hold 180 rounds each and feed very well with the Prowin hop. I would also include the battery too which literally lasts all game day and more with trigger discipline (after each game day I was consistently finishing with around 3.7-ish V per cell from 4.2V in the morning).

I have invested over £800+ into this rifle but I think it is around £900 to be more precise. Therefore, I am thinking of selling this for £500+ including the mags and battery. What do you think? 

• Supporters

Honestly interested in what this will be appraised for by others. I personally don’t believe you will get the £500 your asking, but I’m no expert on Noveske customs. 

In my opinion and experience, I think you would more realistically get £300. Hopefully someone comes along and tells me I’m wrong and I learn something new, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

15 hours ago, Prisce said:

Honestly interested in what this will be appraised for by others. I personally don’t believe you will get the £500 your asking, but I’m no expert on Noveske customs. 

In my opinion and experience, I think you would more realistically get £300. Hopefully someone comes along and tells me I’m wrong and I learn something new, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

I appreciate your input but £300 sounds like an insult if anything. The externals alone cost way above 300 (the receiver set is not cheap) and i'm pretty sure AEGs don't depreciate to around a third of their value.

Maybe i'll think about it further.

25 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

I appreciate your input but £300 sounds like an insult if anything. The externals alone cost way above 300 (the receiver set is not cheap) and i'm pretty sure AEGs don't depreciate to around a third of their value.

Just because you paid over 300 doesn’t mean they are still worth that. General rule of thumb is 60% of total PARTS cost. 

23 minutes ago, E21A said:

Just because you paid over 300 doesn’t mean they are still worth that. General rule of thumb is 60% of total PARTS cost. 

Yes, so 800 - 900 x 0.6 is around 480 - 540. I'm saying that because the parts ARE £800+.

Like, I want to hear reasoning as to why you may suggest otherwise. Saying "well, sir, IN MY OPINION" does not tell my anything. What is the opinion?

• Supporters

Well I can only answer that with experience. 

Just finished building my custom m4, I haven’t got a fancy receiver like you, but I have spent over £800 on it, and I won’t get £300 back for it, I know this. (I buy and sell a lot of guns). 

A custom built gun by definition is a gun built by YOU for YOU, so you have to consider your tastes are very different to other peoples.

Also, the word “custom” makes some people think, it’s not standard, if it goes wrong what do I replace it with? 

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Well I can only answer that with experience. 

Just finished building my custom m4, I haven’t got a fancy receiver like you, but I have spent over £800 on it, and I won’t get £300 back for it, I know this. (I buy and sell a lot of guns). 

A custom built gun by definition is a gun built by YOU for YOU, so you have to consider your tastes are very different to other peoples.

Also, the word “custom” makes some people think, it’s not standard, if it goes wrong what do I replace it with? 

What do you normally price them at? Do they get haggled down to 300? I can't help but think it's too low even if it is a "custom" because they're still generally built better than standard AEGs in the market, especially an m4 since it has a plethora of aftermarket parts.

5 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Yes, so 800 - 900 x 0.6 is around 480 - 540. I'm saying that because the parts ARE £800+.

Like, I want to hear reasoning as to why you may suggest otherwise. Saying "well, sir, IN MY OPINION" does not tell my anything. What is the opinion?

Simply responding to you saying you paid more than 300 for the externals so they must be worth more than 300, which isn’t the case unless they were 600. 

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

This. Also consider if you’ve built it yourself that your expecting people to believe you’ve done it well. That may be the case but a stranger doesn’t know that, in their eyes they are taking a risk of but a gun that has no warranty or backup should it fail. If it was built by company with an invoice etc, then if something breaks they can contact them to rectify it. 

Not having a dig at you at all, I dont know your or your technical skills but then neither does a potential buyer. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Hi mate, yep the noveske bodies are pretty rare these days, but ,many will view it as just another m4 in a market already saturated in m4 derivatives.

like most things in life (cars are a great example), the sum total of parts far far exceeds the complete assembled item.

& to be honest, the airsoft second hand market has changed drastically in the last few years, kit that would have previously sold within hours now seems to drag out for months, usually with umpteen price drops.

Add to that that most peeps want recoil or gbb these days, bringing down the price of "old skool" AEG technology even further (even though I swear by it😁).

If adamant on marketing it at that price, give it a go on as many forums etc as you can, but don't be surprised if you get low ball offers.

If that fails, consider stripping it & selling it off for parts ?, might generate more dosh ?

Good luck mate.

• Supporters

Awkward one to price but I know of a noveske that was a higher spec build.

Laylax receiver

Laylax front end

Pdi barrel

Lonex gearbox internals

Asg ultimate 30k

Spectre 

Bunch of other nice parts 

Went for £450 and thats a TM recoil.

The second hand market is arse at the moment and unless you are known and have a proven record saying built by me de-values it. I can pick up guns for well under 50% at the moment. 

Aim for the usual 2/3rds but expect to be disappointed. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Whelp. If people are that adamant that stuff goes for below 50% then... fuck. Guess i'll hang onto it for now.

Depends on the day you can always try your luck. You might find that one buyer who really wants it and is happy to pay. Some stuff sells well but other stuff doesn't there is no rhyme or reason to it.

If that happens great just do not set expectations too high and if it doesn't sell then you are no worse off.

• Supporters

15 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

If people are that adamant that stuff goes for below 50% then... fuck. Guess i'll hang onto it for now.

Costs you nothing to find out.

You may get no interest, you may get someone biting your hand off.  You won't know (and we won't know) unless you offer it for sale.

If you do, I'd urge you to write a decent advert that covers the facts, pictures from every angle, and lists what you want the buyer to pay including postage + any markup you want to cover your fees.  Find out how to create a PayPal invoice while you're at it: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/email-invoice

If you want Fortnum and Mason money, don't produce a Poundshop advert.

I would try and list at the price you think it's worth, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

In my opinion the lower receiver is nice,  it's engraved and fairly rare.  As I said you've nothing to lose and Rogerborg is right, make sure you put together a top advert that is totally transparent.  Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Archived