Mosfet -What's the point?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Sitting Duck I've already got a decent, variable temperature soldering iron (as I got very annoyed with my cheapy stick one). However other hobbies have gotten in the way of me practising the art of soldering neatly. I've yet to open up the gear box on an aeg, and don't really fancy doing it on a gun I like to use. I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap used one so I can open it up and have a poke around. 🙂 
For now, I'm happy to pay someone who knows what they are doing. I'll speak to Sam and see what mosfet he would recommend. After speaking to many people who have had work done by him, I trust his soldering and wiring skills a lot more than my own. I don't think I really need something fancy, but if the price different is not that much, well, fancy things are cool :rolleyes:

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Arwen said:

@Sitting Duck I've already got a decent, variable temperature soldering iron (as I got very annoyed with my cheapy stick one). However other hobbies have gotten in the way of me practising the art of soldering neatly. I've yet to open up the gear box on an aeg, and don't really fancy doing it on a gun I like to use. I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap used one so I can open it up and have a poke around. 🙂 
For now, I'm happy to pay someone who knows what they are doing. I'll speak to Sam and see what mosfet he would recommend. After speaking to many people who have had work done by him, I trust his soldering and wiring skills a lot more than my own. I don't think I really need something fancy, but if the price different is not that much, well, fancy things are cool :rolleyes:

Just giving an example that even if your skills are limited atm

even if you can't solder precisely and brilliantly - can still have a go at deans

please only cut one wire at a time - lipo shorts soil your own pants

But yeah have a go but if you know your limts then fine get a good respected tech like KoA to help

• 1 month later...

Moderate necro but I'm curious to get clarification on something I read.

I did some upgrades on my P90 because it was doing something like 3rps just pushing 330fps. Every shot sounded like it was coughing its way to the grave. It's a CYMA and a cheap piece of junk so I thought it'd make a fun project to learn AEG maintenance.

Whilst I was in there changing the motor I put in a cheap Acetech/Xcortech MOSFET from AK2M4 since I read the P90 contacts were particularly prone to damage from arcing. Later I read that this might not have been worth doing because MOSFETs tend to burn out faster than triggers. Has this been anyone's experience or is it nonsense?

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Moderate necro but I'm curious to get clarification on something I read.

I did some upgrades on my P90 because it was doing something like 3rps just pushing 330fps. Every shot sounded like it was coughing its way to the grave. It's a CYMA and a cheap piece of junk so I thought it'd make a fun project to learn AEG maintenance.

Whilst I was in there changing the motor I put in a cheap Acetech/Xcortech MOSFET from AK2M4 since I read the P90 contacts were particularly prone to damage from arcing. Later I read that this might not have been worth doing because MOSFETs tend to burn out faster than triggers. Has this been anyone's experience or is it nonsense?

f2000 trigger burned out in 6 months, i've never had a mosfet fail

Archived