Tokyo Marui 1911 Warrior series?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Despite their compact barrel size, the Night Warrior, Desert Warrior and the green one are considerably heavier than most TM pistols.

They are heavier than the larger m92s and Sigs  for example.

Can anyone tell me why?

Christmas is getting nearer and I will be getting my first TM with my present money. 😁. It's about time I tried the experience, especially as it's starting to get cold again. No plans to upgrade though. Can't afford to be going down that road. If they as good as I've been told, I'll run it stock.

Choice is between one of the Warrior series, the all black Hicap, a Sig P226 and a Glock.

I think it’s TM trying to replicate the weight of the real gun which is generally all steel. The externals are plastic as always, but I’m almost positive there’s internal weighted components to give it that feel. 

Out of the ones youve listed, despite the fact I’m not so keen on the real steel gun, I’d pick the 226. I’ve never heard of a single negative comment with them. The glocks are great, but a little plain and have potential light strike issues, the 1911 has a tiny gas reservoir and the hi-capa’s do nothing for me, despite being the barbie of airsoft pistols. 

Thanks for the advice.

I've been doing some research on the Marui guns, and, according to some, there are durability issues with some of these guns. I've heard about the light strike issues with Glocks - supposedly more common in hot weather - and the slides are known to break at the front.

I've watched several videos by an American tech called Knuckles and he seems to think most Maruis need custom replacement parts pretty soon. He knows his stuff but I can't help feeling he is a bit unrepresentative of the average airsofter. We aren't all so obsessed that we want to drop hundreds of quid into a gun.

Either Marui do the job or they don't. How durable are they for ocassional use? I thought the were able to last for years.

The Glock is probably out for me which is a pity since I have two WEs now and mag compatibility would have made it a sensible buy.

The reason I was considerind the black hicap is that it isn't blingy, has a decent weight and would probably take my two Armorer Works hicap mags.

As for the Sig, the E2 is supposed to be the better one but I prefer the looks and feel of the full grip original.

As for the 1911s, I know about the small mag problem, but they are said to be one of Marui's strongest and most reliable platforms. 

I've also heard good reports of their Beretta PX4s.

What are their M92s like?

On 09/08/2018 at 14:17, clumpyedge said:

Continuing to research TM and it's making me think.

They do seem to break quite easily.

I'm beginning to realise why there is a whole industry for replacement parts.

Is it because people are running the wrong gas.

Are they a bit of a money pit?

That's good to know.

Most of the warnings and crticisms tend to come from Americans.

But did you upgrade them with custom parts much?

I have no desire to shell out for metal slides etc.

I want a bog standard gun that will last for a few years. If a slide eventually breaks I'll buy another plastic one. Plastic slides are what make these guns so efficient.

Had the same experience as rocket. All my pistols are TM. My hi capa 4.3, Glock and m&p9 all just work stock. And have for two years.

Reference the 1911 when I borrowed a friends foliage warrior it wouldn't get through a whole mag before it ran out of gas (Abbey ultra in the spring).

I currently have in my possession rocket’s TM g18c that I bought maybe 6 months ago. It’s had TM, WE and army mags run through it and it hasn’t skipped a beat. I’ve ran it almost exclusively on propane despite the warnings and had it jump out of my pocket while sprinting across the car park at Anzio for cover. Despite using the wrong gas (which is where the light striking issues come from) and it getting thrown across the tarmac with considerable force it still plods along nicely and empties 50rd extended mags for fun. 

People always assume metal is superior but look at WE m9 videos. They blow the backs off the slides for fun (in the users face). Unless it’s milled aluminium or steel, there’s a much higher chance that a cast zinc alloy slide will shatter over a plastic one. 

And finally... one must never take advice from the Americans. 

You're right of course.

They tend to be power freaks.

But a lot of Americans reckon Maruis start to go wrong and need some parts replacing after a few months. Plastic slides are said to be good for only about six months.

Doesn't make sense. On the one hand they admit that they are well built and reliable (the best OOTB guns you can get) and then they say they're only good for six months. Don't they see the contradiction?

And so many of them hate anything WE, but wax lyrical about KJW and KWA. As far as WE and KJ W are concerned they seem roughly comparable to me. 

The reason they get a hard on over KWA’s is because they are (even though they’re most definitely not) American. They’re real big over there in “buy American”. As someone who’s worked as a car mechanic before I can categorically say that Americans can’t engineer anything well. Their idea of luxury is to just super size everything. 

For WE, they are around 20% cheaper than most other options, as well as being metal, so that’s where their popularity comes from. They’re much nicer to maul about with than a TM, but to actually hit something, the TM is in a league of its own. And that’s not me hating on WE. I’ve got 4 of their GBBR’s that I regard very highly. 

2 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

Had the same experience as rocket. All my pistols are TM. My hi capa 4.3, Glock and m&p9 all just work stock. And have for two years.

Reference the 1911 when I borrowed a friends foliage warrior it wouldn't get through a whole mag before it ran out of gas (Abbey ultra in the spring).

Thanks a lot for the tip about the Foliage Warrior.

49 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The reason they get a hard on over KWA’s is because they are (even though they’re most definitely not) American. They’re real big over there in “buy American”. As someone who’s worked as a car mechanic before I can categorically say that Americans can’t engineer anything well. Their idea of luxury is to just super size everything. 

For WE, they are around 20% cheaper than most other options, as well as being metal, so that’s where their popularity comes from. They’re much nicer to maul about with than a TM, but to actually hit something, the TM is in a league of its own. And that’s not me hating on WE. I’ve got 4 of their GBBR’s that I regard very highly. 

Thanks for the explanation.

They also get a hard on for KJW pistols which are just as hit and miss as WE.

Must be a brand loyalty thing.

2 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

Thanks for the warning about the Foliage Warrior.

FIrst KWA are made in Taiwan by Yin Kei the OEM for KSC/KWA and the PTS ERG Rifles.  KWA simply has offices in the USA.

TM are made of HIgh Quality Plastic, WE / KJW etc are made of Pot Metal.  TM also have higher Quality Control levels and mythically good top up’s.  Go with any TM gun and it will break eventually ( long after most we or KJW ones ) then upgrade it.  In stock form it will work far better than the others and being plastic will suffer far less from cool down caused by the UK Climate..

10 hours ago, BigAl said:

FIrst KWA are made in Taiwan by Yin Kei the OEM for KSC/KWA and the PTS ERG Rifles.  KWA simply has offices in the USA.

TM are made of HIgh Quality Plastic, WE / KJW etc are made of Pot Metal.  TM also have higher Quality Control levels and mythically good top up’s.  Go with any TM gun and it will break eventually ( long after most we or KJW ones ) then upgrade it.  In stock form it will work far better than the others and being plastic will suffer far less from cool down caused by the UK Climate..

19 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

Thanks.

All metal gbb pistols are pot metal, including KWA. And as for the aluminium content inthese alloys, we are not given any details. In any case there are lots of different grades of aluminium, and some are pretty cheap and poor.

When you say upgrade TMs after they break do you mean throw shed loads of money at them with custom parts?

Or do you really mean replace worn out parts with Marui spares? If a plastic slide breaks after several years, I would be quite happy to replace it with another inexpensive plasic one

I'm not interested in rebuilding a gun with custom parts. These are toys, not firearms.

i recently saw a full metal frame and slide for the TM M45 USMC. It was priced at a bit less than $1000.😂

When you rebuild you could use stock parts new or secondhand nut might as well upgrade.  Sure you can spend 2 or 3 thousand on a custom 1911 but you can also do it for £100 - £200.  That £100 kit will of been Steel which is expensive, but ally slides ( not pot metal ) can be had from £80 up.

If you use a good quality one a possibly upgrade springs etc you should be ok, but stock is most reliable.  People get hung up on metal bodies but plastic works and works well, especially in the UK.  The Hi Cappa’s, Sig or Glock will all work better than the 1911’s simply because they have a larger gas reservoir.  If you like the 1911’s the newer M45a1 USMC Pistol is supposed to use a sightly better gas system.

Looks like I'll be getting a TM sooner than I thought.

Favourite at the moment is probably the Sig.

However I dislike the appearance of the E2 version, even though it is said to have better internals and trigger. The mag is also more efficient though I have noticed that TM is putting it in both guns now.

Do you think I should go for the original because I prefer the grip or just get the E2? They are the same price.

Anyone who has owned both care to comment? Is the original one still a good gun?

I have a Strike Warrior. Do not bother getting the standard TM MEU mags anymore. The new TM M45A1 MEU mags have much better gas capacity and reliability. They do away with most of the plastic bottom and replace it with a bigger gas reservoir.

My TM Strike Warrior managed to get 35 full cycles out of one mag compared to the 24 I got on the old MEU mags.

Archived