Cheap Chinese X800 goggle clones

Tiercel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

bchywZH.jpg

Ive seen loads of people wearing these, I love how the X800 looks but genuine X800s are bloody expensive. So when these popped up on Wish for £5 I thought it was too good to pass up.

They look the part dont they? And at £8-15 depending on where you look theyre an absolute steal compared to the genuine Bolle X800 goggles which go from anywhere between £40-90 depending on where you shop. 

However do I want to trust my precious eyeballs to a <£10 piece of chinese engineering? Lets find out!

How are we going to test these?  Well, by leaving them strapped to my helmet so they cant move, as if theyre on your face. And hitting them dead center with a 500fps bolt action rifle and a .43g BB! 

Shot 1! 

KSHpsyV.jpg

A minor scuff of plastic BB residue, wiped away no problem. Not bad at all, looks like theyll hold up well.

But wait... lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets see how the rest of it looks.

wpwO048.jpg

XSXGQZ3.jpg

fsqrSfp.jpg

CcyGlEnWoAAmc0u.jpg

Whilst the lenses themselves held up admirably, a single shot was all it took for the frames to shatter and the lenses to partially fall out. And this was under nice stationary steady condition. Now imagine you're running full pelt, its going to fall right out and potentially expose your eyes to a hail of BBs if youre taking to up close full auto. I've heard this is a common complaint about a lot of Chinese eye pro, their polycarb lenses are just as strong as anyone elses polycarb, however the cheap shoddy manufacturing shows in the poor quality of the actual frames. Which is a shame, because when I first opened the package I thought they looked, and felt, very solidly made and had high hopes for them. Im glad I decided to test for myself rather than find out in action.

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i thought bolle x800's was cheap eye pro?

at least by my standards it's what i'd consider reasonable, over £100 is getting into expensive.

My £15 ESS ICE and V12s have lasted me many years, hence why I struggle to justify a pair of X800s when I already have perfectly good cheap eye pro, I just think the x800s look gucci as fuck, especially when paired with a FAST helmet :P 

Archived